• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TEKKEN 8 — Jin Kazama Gameplay Trailer Revealed

Kadve

ezgif-4-4245fc08ee.gif

ezgif-3-920a3267c8.gif
Lets hope you can turn down all those particle effects. Looks like they would be distracting as hell and possibly even hide what your character is doing.

Edmund

I wonder Lidia will return, can't wait to see Xiaoyu, I'd be disappointed if she didn't make it.

I'm pretty excited about Jun, I really liked her in Tekken 2.

Very high chance that Lidia returns imho. She's the best newcomer in tekken 7!

Tekken 7's newcomers are sooo much better than the ones in tekken 6.

VN1X

Banned
Man I’m kinda let down by the visuals after the first trailer - I almost feel like SF6 looks better now?
Usually I'll be the last to whine about visuals as any game can leverage assets these days in away that anything can look great but with Tekken 8 I'm inclined to agree: it looks rather poor, dare I say amateurish at points.

Look at this for instance:
The hair style itself probably doesn't lend itself to a quality showcase of tech lol but even with that aside, his skin looks like it's made out of the same material as the jacket! What's more is that the depth of field also seems very rudimentary and makes the rest of the scene look like it came straight out of UE3. All of these elements look very off and I feel like they're trying to lean too much on raw fidelity rather than a coherent and inviting art style. It's why something like SF6 looks leaps beyond this.

ZiqF598.png

Last edited:
  • Thoughtful
Reactions: Isa

Isa

This is why I can't take this forum's people seriously.
mad people GIF

Jokes aside I think it looks ok. Part of the problem was the initial reveal trailer being so nice and expectations hoping for a true next-gen mind blowing showpiece. I'll casually get this to mess around on but I'm a DoA, KoF, Aksys guy personally. All the particle effects are distracting though and I'm not keen on it. its actually my biggest complaint for FF16. Perhaps its my age but I'm struggling to see what's actually going on, I prefer a more subtle use of the effects. I don't mind bright and shiny but having fireworks going off all at once is quite distracting.

SkylineRKR

Lidia and Fahkumram are my favourite characters in the game. I also like Leroy. I just don't like the guest characters but I never do in any game. Except Akuma, I like him in T7 for some reason.

I think the initial newcomers were kind of eh. I mained Josie at first, but purely because of the lack of a kickboxer (sans Bryan). I dropped her for Fahk. Katarina was sort of okay. Gigas and Lucky were eh. Claudio dunno. Master Raven is pretty cool though, I like her more than Raven. Shaheen was okay I guess.

Edmund

Lidia and Fahkumram are my favourite characters in the game. I also like Leroy. I just don't like the guest characters but I never do in any game. Except Akuma, I like him in T7 for some reason.

I think the initial newcomers were kind of eh. I mained Josie at first, but purely because of the lack of a kickboxer (sans Bryan). I dropped her for Fahk. Katarina was sort of okay. Gigas and Lucky were eh. Claudio dunno. Master Raven is pretty cool though, I like her more than Raven. Shaheen was okay I guess.

Yeah. Leroy, Lidia and Fahk are the best newcomers!

Really looking forward to what kinda new characters and fighting styles we gonna get in Tekken 8.

When is it necessary to paint the whole screen with brush strokes?

I am inclined to disagree. Zafina is one of the most interesting fighting styles implemented in all of fighting games. Lars is the most dynamic fighter added to Tekken since Feng. Tekken 7 has no new fighting styles as well developed and as original as Tekken 6 had to its credit and the new personalities in 7 are cringe. At best they are as poorly implemented as Miguel, as lacking in being an iconic representative of a form as Leo, or as stupidly ridiculous as Bob and Alisa.

Last edited:

SSfox

MjUxqdm.jpg

Lol, this forum's FGC has some serious selective bias.
I kinda agree that there are cases where there's a bit too much effects in screen in T8, but it was also same for T7 (even more that in T8) so maybe they will tone it down, maybe tat's also the point of Alpha location test that will be happening during this entire year

Fahdis

Streetfighter 6s combat is much more readable than tekkens. It's effects are only used when absolutely necessary.

It really depends on your legacy skills. Your effects have nothing to do with playing the game. Besides Harada himself said you can lower the effects.

Top Bottom