• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT2| Pulse of the Regionally Discriminated Knuckleheads

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you even able to take time off school and work to attend the event considering it's a new job occupying a working weekday?

That's what I mean. I'm seeing if I can work some things around, switching shifts. Also need to switch shifts and bargain with my teachers cause I'll be missing class to even try and GO to KOIF. Directly in the middle of the week is super bad for anyone with a normal job, let alone 3 jobs and school.

GrayFoxPL

I moved into a bigger, newer, more expensive, apartment and that exact same week my boss decided to lose his shit and fire his entire long time staff. All the managers, everyone. So I lost my job and needed to find new one(s) and getting internet had to be put on the back burner. I'm still sorting things out money wise working adapting to my new jobs and pay structure. At the same time I have school so I need to get priorities straight.

So no I haven't had ANY practice for the KOIF since EVO. I went to Summer Jam to practice(before I the job thing) but of course Tekken 7 never showed. I'm going to try to make it to Canada Cup to practice but I dunno if I can cut it. It's unfortunate but it is what it is.

Wow that's fucked up.

Hope you'll get your life rolling straight soon.

Numb

Im down, I can only play late in the evening tho or at night.

Damn that sucks, so no practice for King of Iron Fist?
np

Awhile back Harada talked about just that on twitter but a lot can change since then though. It was something he was thinking about.

They had specifically said that TKXSF would be a console game first but I'm pretty sure they'll walk back on that statement when/if TKXSF ever releases.
Thats good news
And if Harada backs out itll just be the usual Tekken cycle for us

But the new people not used to it ...

---
Best luck ZTS

Bakoery

Rickstah pop off against Poongko is just too good.

1N95Ew8.gif

Do you have a link for this video?

GrayFoxPL

Akuma looks like fun

Dem shoryuken cancels.

It'd be fun if T7 Console had a special mode where Tekken characters had SF like cancels to screw around with. Demo man into deathfist! Hellsweeps into Electrics!

Nothing competitive, more like Tekken Force or special Arcade Battle. I'd love to play around with that kind of stuff.

Numb

Dem shoryuken cancels.

It'd be fun if T7 Console had a special mode where Tekken characters had SF like cancels to screw around with. Demo man into deathfist! Hellsweeps into Electrics!

Nothing competitive, more like Tekken Force or special Arcade Battle. I'd love to play around with that kind of stuff.
Got Akuma here doing this and they just take the stuff from SFxT for Tekken folk :)
We know nothing about any extra modes or features they might add for console tho. Stil a huge fan of bowl and ball tbh

giphy.gif

May have to steal this custom idea with different colors
Was intending to give her a bike helmet with that getup and just go all Rival Schools

Mizerman

Dem shoryuken cancels.

See, now I'll be disappointed if that doesn't happen.

Sayah

Gigas often feels like a wasted slot. I mean look at all this ish.
https://twitter.com/tatsushis/status/790709235956932608
https://twitter.com/tatsushis/status/789491550312996864
https://twitter.com/minoru_gigas/status/786250445417099264
https://twitter.com/norunnokakurega/status/783998710602530817
https://twitter.com/tatsushis/status/780028722711625729

Bad design. Bad hitboxes. Gigas' main use is to serve as an extended combo practice dummy for everyone.
They would have been better off just leaving marduk in there instead of creating this monstrosity.

GrayFoxPL

Got Akuma here doing this and they just take the stuff from SFxT for Tekken folk :)
We know nothing about any extra modes or features they might add for console tho. Stil a huge fan of bowl and ball tbh

Kazuya's Electric cancels in SFxT felt so awesome, basically why I got the game.

I'd love to get crazy bonus modes but I'm willing to wait for such update, day 1 not required.

Tekken Soccer, Tekken Basketball, Tekken Baseball ;).

See, now I'll be disappointed if that doesn't happen.

Who knows, maybe it will.

Gigas is mad underrated I feel.

That above custom is pretty dope.

Yeah he has that "something". Gigas is currently most interesting character for me from the cast of newcomers.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Damn my PS3 turned itself off twice playing Tag2 today. This only happens on Tag2 online. I can play 10 hours straight with any other game and nothing happens. Seems to not be uncommon thing with Tag2 when I googled it.

Some ppl say it's overheating, some say it's firmwares not working good with old PS3. I'm willing to think it has something to do with CPU strain while playing online. We know Tag2 pushes cpu to the limit to calculate all that netcode shit online.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Yeah, I think I'll give Gigas a fair shot when I can finally get the game. Egyptian god Gigas is pretty tight.

Numb

That Paul outfit is amazing
Kazuya's Electric cancels in SFxT felt so awesome, basically why I got the game.

I'd love to get crazy bonus modes but I'm willing to wait for such update, day 1 not required.

Tekken Soccer, Tekken Basketball, Tekken Baseball ;).

It's Justin Wong wavedashing with Kazuya through Chuns lighting legs super that got me to buy it the second time

Yeah he has that "something". Gigas is currently most interesting character for me from the cast of newcomers.

People don't really use him and that's why I think no one has really cracked him just yet. The other newcomers besides maybe Chloe are pretty straight forward. That one Mystery Gosu by Aris really made me intrigued by the character.

From the start i didn't like Gigas at all, but now that i've played a few games against him i think his playstyle is really quite interesting and neat.

Still looks stupid though.

sasuke_91

Dem shoryuken cancels.

Guys, please. Stop making me want things I never even thought of up until now. You and AAK are the same xD

That Paul outfit is amazing

And that's why I'd never disable customs Online. People will do great things with what we get in this game (yeah, there will be ugly ones as well, but those I don't mind too much). But that's just my opinion. Having an option to turn them off would still be great.

Maybe the Switch version will have that switch. Haha
sorry

From the start i didn't like Gigas at all, but now that i've played a few games against him i think his playstyle is really quite interesting and neat.

Still looks stupid though.

So does Lucky Chloe :p
Just kidding. I don't even hate her anymore. Gigas and her are both fine for me.

GrayFoxPL

Guys, please. Stop making me want things I never even thought of up until now. You and AAK are the same xD

Good! More people want, more possible to eventually get.

And that's why I'd never disable customs Online. People will do great things with what we get in this game (yeah, there will be ugly ones as well, but those I don't mind too much). But that's just my opinion. Having an option to turn them off would still be great.

sorry

Maybe if there was manual off button during loading match. If you know this one guy makes eye gauging customs then you turn it off before match starts. But the game loads customs on the fly, so I don't know if it would have worked.

I don't want "all or nothing" option too. Some customs are cool.

Numb

sorry

So does Lucky Chloe :p
Just kidding. I don't even hate her anymore. Gigas and her are both fine for me.

Survived korean/japan arcade customs from all the vids
Online need to step it up to deter me

Numb

Thing is, I've never seen anything as bad online than I do in the Arcade videos.

And that's mainly because we have more options when the games go to consoles.

Pool of players being much bigger helps
Not like SC online where everyone wants to go for a custom and the craziest ones at that.

GrayFoxPL

Fuck, fuck, fuck.

I did the curation and strict diet for 2 months on those gallbladder stones. Stupid fucking moron me thought that was it, that I was fine now. Started eating heavy stuff again and chocolate. Now I'm paying for it.

Fuck it hurts so much. Even worse then before! This gonna last constantly last for 6-7 hours and I'm already at "kill me now!!!" level.

Fuck. Fuck. It's like someone stabbed me and constantly twisting the knife!

Fuck. Why did I do that? Fuck. Should've stayed on diet, but no, I had to fuck it up.

Fuuuuuuuuuuck.

Numb

Custom Characters still do more damage than Custom outfits imo.
Indeed
Fuck, fuck, fuck.

I did the curation and strict diet for 2 months on those gallbladder stones. Stupid fucking moron me thought that was it, that I was fine now. Started eating heavy stuff again and chocolate. Now I'm paying for it.

Fuck it hurts so much. Even worse then before! This gonna last constantly last for 6-7 hours and I'm already at "kill me now!!!" level.

Fuck. Why did I do that? Fuck. Should've stayed on diet, but no, I had to fuck it up.

Fuuuuuuuuuuck.

Damn man
Hold on it'll pass. Get beter

sasuke_91

Fuck, fuck, fuck.

Fuuuuuuuuuuck.

Those can be removed with a diet? I never knew.

I think the only thing that is worse is kidney stones. And I'm afraid of getting those because I don't drink nearly enough water. I... should also eat more ( ._.)

Get well soon!

AAK

Fuck, fuck, fuck.

Fuuuuuuuuuuck.

Holy crap man, are you sure this isn't a medical emergency like a gallbladder attack from a gallstone block? Keep us updated and take care.

GrayFoxPL

Damn man
Hold on it'll pass. Get beter

Thanks, I wanna die man.

Those can be removed with a diet? I never knew.

I think the only thing that is worse is kidney stones. And I'm afraid of getting those because I don't drink nearly enough water. I... should also eat more ( ._.)

Get well soon!

Diet keeps them totally inactive. Special curation on apple juice and various salts and awful shit can melt them and eventually get rid. You shit em out. But I think I did it too lite, didn't get rid of them.

Fuck I wanna die.

GrayFoxPL

Holy crap man, are you sure this isn't a medical emergency like a gallbladder attack from a gallstone block? Keep us updated and take care.

Yeah, the doctor wanted to cut me up because he was sure. Fuck, I need to survive till morning.

Rajang

Fuck, fuck, fuck.

Fuuuuuuuuuuck.

Wow..

Werent you supposed to have a surgery for this? I remember you sharing this a few months back.

GrayFoxPL

If it gets too bad even at night, go to a hospital. Pain killers might be a bad idea in this situation? I don't know.

I basically went to hospital by ambulance in 2 cases:

1. I was dying in 2010.

2. I had brain stroke this year which was worse then 1.

Gallbladder won't get me to hosptial. In 6 weeks of Intensive Care Unit I experienced, saw and heard things no man should. That's why I take psychotropic drugs, to not remember and sleep.

Hospital is hell. True hell for the living.

Wow..

Werent you supposed to have a surgery for this? I remember you sharing this a few months back.

Yeah, I didn't agree. They'll find something more and keep me there. They always do. I won't go.

sasuke_91

I'm afraid of hospitals and I haven't even had any bad experiences. I just hope you'll be okay. I always forget that your health is a bug issue :/

Rajang

I basically went to hospital by ambulance in 2 cases:

1. I was dying in 2010.

2. I had brain stroke this year which was worse then 1.

Gallbladder won't get me to hosptial. In 6 weeks of Intensive Care Unit I experienced, saw and heard things no man should. That's why I take psychotropic drugs, to not remember and sleep.

Hospital is hell. True hell for the living.

Yeah, I didn't agree. They'll find something more and keep me there. They always do. I won't go.

Wow, you're a tough dude. You have Mishima blood running through your veins or something?

Get better soon man.

GrayFoxPL

Wow, you're a tough dude. You have Mishima blood running through your veins or something?

Get better soon man.

Haha, thanks.

Wish I was Mishima strong, but I did survive a lot, dunno why. Life is not fair but not in the way that something happened to me and made me the way I am, but that young healthy strong people with life plans die every day in car crashes, randomly murdered, killed in wars. I survived like million people. That's fucked up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom