• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tenchu PSP sucks, I wanna kill From Soft.

Defensor

Mistaken iRobbery!
Lyte Edge said:
tatsumaru5kq.jpg

He's back from the dead....AGAIN!

negitoro7

Lyte Edge said:
Yeah, and he's supposed to have new stealth kills and other attacks that all the other characters don't have. When I've fought him in story mode, he's done some pretty-cool looking stuff to me. :)

Oh, and with the amount of options available in the level editor, you can finally create missions good enough to fit an actual Tenchu game. I plan to design some levels spefically for "Mushashi" now. (Need to bust out my Kanji dictionary and figure out these characters' names!)

So basically, the game's biggest strengths are its character roster and incredibly well-done level editor.

Thanks for the info Lyte Edge.
This might be a system seller for me....
PSP for Tenchu
or
DS for Nintendogs :)

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Defensor said:
He's back from the dead....AGAIN!

Tatsumaru and just about everyone else! It makes me wonder if the game's story isn't supposed to be part of the main continuity, but then again, in every ending,
Onikage clearly escapes.

I just went through a marathon session and finished the game with Ayame and Rin. I found Rin's game to be the easiest; since she's got her izuna drop available from the start, taking out enemies in fights was a snap. Got Grand Master ranking on a few of her stages the first time through, too!

Now I have 26 characters unlocked, including several of the main enemy characters from Fatal Shadows! Didn't expect that. Some of them are clones of each other; there's two kunoichis and both are just Ayame, but others are completely original. Onikage definitely rocks; he's got a flying multi-hit kick move you can do by hitting forward, forward and attack that really does a number on enemies. Got his story mode unlocked, and checked Gamefaqs on Tatsumaru...maybe he doesn't have a story mode available after all?

Still have to go through Onikage's story mode, then unlock the two hidden missions, which will give me the remaining characters. I'm pretty sure all that's left are the weird characters like the ninja dog, ninja bear, and the salaryman samurai. :) I think getting enverything may unlock some more stuff for the level editor, too.

Mrbob

I hope the draw distance gets cleaned up for NA release, because this game sounds phenomenal between the playable characters and level editor! Sounds like the ultimate version of Tenchu!

Yusaku

Finally saw a bit of this game. The draw distance is only like 4 feet, really amazing. A port of the first Tenchu (with improved draw distance) would've been awesome.

Top Bottom