• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TERA: FoA |OT| F2P Now on Steam! Parade coming after HL3

No XD

Ugh... The agony of enchanting from +9 to +12

;___;

There is literally no reason to until next patch, honestly.

I'm still rocking a VM2 PvE chest, Regent boots, Strikeforce gloves and my VM3.5 lance on my lancer so aiming for full Favored 2 next patch - the first time I'll have relevant PvP gear since before the WH patch.

There is literally no reason to until next patch, honestly.

I'm still rocking a VM2 PvE chest, Regent boots, Strikeforce gloves and my VM3.5 lance on my lancer so aiming for full Favored 2 next patch - the first time I'll have relevant PvP gear since before the WH patch.

oh im not enchanting anything cuz maining healz and ... the one nice thing about heals is that you can just get by with somewhat cheapo gears. i mean if you can clear BR on idoneal why would you need to go full ambit +12 .... right??

but my dps friend wants to excel at his damage so im helping him and im second-hand-experiencing every time he's groaning with enchant failures :D

and by :D i mean ;___;

XD

(he's a zerker :>)

tumm

Neo Member
Currently level 38 healer, do the BAMs get any harder? My friend (lancer) and I have found them all really easy so far, and she's always complaining about how hard they used to be years ago or something.

Any general tips for a new player?

Currently level 38 healer, do the BAMs get any harder? My friend (lancer) and I have found them all really easy so far, and she's always complaining about how hard they used to be years ago or something.

Any general tips for a new player?

Nah, they nerfed BAMs well over a year ago. They used to actually be a reasonable challenge, then they added Avatar weapons which are ridiculously powerful and crit all the time and nerfed BAM HP and damage significantly. As a lancer fighting a BAM by myself took a good chunk of time when I was levelling in the latter part of 2012.

About to start playing whats the hardest to master pve class? Want something rewarding to play as, i usually heal in mmo's but since this is more action based, i might enjoy something else

About to start playing whats the hardest to master pve class? Want something rewarding to play as, i usually heal in mmo's but since this is more action based, i might enjoy something else

Warrior tends to be the class with the most versatility. If you want to tryhard you'll get great results. Healing is pretty fun in TERA tbh, you might want to look at a Mystic.

Didn't know that you are not allowed to sign in from countries outside of NA region ;_;
My $9.99 subscription expired yesterday and there was no way for me to renew it... Guess they don't like free money...

NeOak

Didn't know that you are not allowed to sign in from countries outside of NA region ;_;
My $9.99 subscription expired yesterday and there was no way for me to renew it... Guess they don't like free money...
What? Which country?

And you can ask them to honor the price.

What? Which country?

And you can ask them to honor the price.

I'm taking a vacation in Vietnam now ;_; Sent them a ticket and they said the issue related to where I was trying to access the server...

Guess I will have to wait until I get back to Canada and send some complains...

Started playing Tera last night again. I had rolled a magician when the game first came out, abd got to level 10. Playing ab archer this time.

Fun game, but UI is too busy. Is there a way to turn off the chat window?

Started playing Tera last night again. I had rolled a magician when the game first came out, abd got to level 10. Playing ab archer this time.

Fun game, but UI is too busy. Is there a way to turn off the chat window?

Archers are not very popular at end-game right now :<

And ... I can't remember if there's a way to turn off the chat window, but there is an option not to see any chats if you click the gear icon on the chat thinger...

Szadek

I started playing the game a while back,but don't have that much time to play games right now.
My character is a Elin warrior.
At first I wanted play berseker,because I think it's a really funny race-class combination,but it looks like warrior could be more usefull later on.
I'm currently at level 24.Fighting aginst these big enemies is so much fun.

I started playing the game a while back,but don't have that much time to play games right now.
My character is a Elin warrior.
At first I wanted play berseker,because I think it's a really funny race-class combination,but it looks like warrior could be more usefull later on.
I'm currently at level 24.Fighting aginst these big enemies is so much fun.

Warriors are such fun class :> but so are berserkers. You can't go wrong with either of them, really :>

Awww level 24 <3 Much nostalgia ^____^

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
ELIN ARCHER FIGURE

tumblr_nj1g18PkVa1qzdctco7_1280.jpg
tumblr_nj1g18PkVa1qzdctco4_1280.jpg
tumblr_nj1g18PkVa1qzdctco2_1280.jpg

Not a fox Elin, but I'll take it. Garage kit for now, but like the others will probably be made as a pre-painted pvc release.

Don't forget, this Elin figure is still up for preorder: http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIGURE-009127

Muzicfreq

Banned
Played the game a bit.
Dunno if any of you have seen Velma.Dinkly the Elin lancer.
But I left the game due to getting tired of the performance issues and when I upgraded my hardware only to still run into them.

Went back to it recently after upgrading to an intel build and while it ran okay, the game is totally different now. All the work I put into making my gear masterwork+12 turned into low tier crap items. The community has also shifted since they made the Nexus a minor thing now.
Game to me is dead. The excitement and stuff just doesn't seem there to me anymore.

Scum

Decided to try out a Priest character. Dear Lord! I can see why some Priests can be quite easily frustrated. D:

Melees refusing to use their dodging skills.
Ranged characters, prancing around like Melees.
Running around like headless chickens.
Not letting Lancers pick up aggro.

Wow. Still, it's quite fun when you end up in a sensible group. :D

Decided to try out a Priest character. Dear Lord! I can see why some Priests can be quite easily frustrated. D:

Melees refusing to use their dodging skills.
Ranged characters, prancing around like Melees.
Running around like headless chickens.
Not letting Lancers pick up aggro.

Wow. Still, it's quite fun when you end up in a sensible group. :D

For maximum fun*, try running a mystic through a training BR group without a tank at turtle boss ! Cleanse time wheeeeeeeeeee
*by fun i mean pain

:D

Escalario

Banned
Looks like I'll be taking a rest from TERA. Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate is taking all my playtime :3c See you guys in few weeks :3

Raide

Does this game still have a GAF community? Played it on and off and recently downloaded it again to give it another shot.

So sleepy right now. Farmed double drop pretty hard. Priest disco dropped.... But I was on my mystic... Aaaaah

Oh well... Priest is on Amelior anyway :x

So excite for the patch wheeeeeeee

Szadek

Playing it again.Still don't have that much time,but I usually play the game when I watch youtube videos and I watch a lot of youtube videos.
I will try to reach max level during the last 2 weeks of my holiday.

Also, my Elin is so cute, I want to take it home!
Rena_Takes_Hanyuu_Home_Gif_by_tjbeaul1eu.gif

Anyway,is there anything a newcomer like me should know about the game (combat,crafting etc.)?

Kammie

I was looking at the official site yesterday and said "Wow, guild housing??"

Then read, and it turns out it's only for like the top ten guilds.

Sometimes I'm really glad I dropped this game. It's just tied to so much bs...

Lanhalt

Banned
I was looking at the official site yesterday and said "Wow, guild housing??"

Then read, and it turns out it's only for like the top ten guilds.

Sometimes I'm really glad I dropped this game. It's just tied to so much bs...

Yeah, they begin to take weird choice. The good thing in tera was you were not really penalized if you played for free (you could kiss goodbye the idea of being exarque or thing like that, and had less entries to intance, but I'm ok with that, paying player have to have an advantage). But the last instance. Avaible everyday for paying member, once a week for non paying ones. I hope they won't go to far in that way.

Yeah, they begin to take weird choice. The good thing in tera was you were not really penalized if you played for free (you could kiss goodbye the idea of being exarque or thing like that, and had less entries to intance, but I'm ok with that, paying player have to have an advantage). But the last instance. Avaible everyday for paying member, once a week for non paying ones. I hope they won't go to far in that way.

In EU you mean? In EU, ghilliglade even drops VM4 mats.

:x

DREAAAAAAAAADSPIIIIIIIIIIRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEE~

I stopped playing many months ago, but my friends all want to get back into it after finals. I was a slayer in the mid-forties level. I've forgotten nearly everything about the game, so I hope it's not too overwhelming to relearn everything.

NeOak

So this is up on Steam now http://store.steampowered.com/app/323370/

Gunner is REAAALLY fun.

If you already have TERA downloaded and want to use with Steam, do the following:

1. PATCH TERA FIRST! PATCH TERA FIRST! PATCH TERA FIRST! PATCH TERA FIRST!
  2. Look for the TERA folder and copy it
  3. Go to the Steam library folder and paste the TERA folder
  4. Launch TERA on Steam
  5. Let Steam verify the TERA folder
  6. Steam will start to download TERA and finish instantly
  7. Enjoy TERA on Steam

Hikami

Man I said I'd stop playing MMOs but I gotta give this a try again.

Couldn't play it before since my previous PC was a toaster, but I can probably run it now on my new one.

It's been a while since I was into TERA. I think I left my highest character, an Archer, at around Level 54? I'm interested in this new Gunner class though.

Thanks for posting those instructions, NeOak. I don't fancy downloading the whole game all over again on Steam. x_x

Lain

So this is up on Steam now http://store.steampowered.com/app/323370/

Gunner is REAAALLY fun.

If you already have TERA downloaded and want to use with Steam, do the following:

1. PATCH TERA FIRST! PATCH TERA FIRST! PATCH TERA FIRST! PATCH TERA FIRST!
  2. Look for the TERA folder and copy it
  3. Go to the Steam library folder and paste the TERA folder
  4. Launch TERA on Steam
  5. Let Steam verify the TERA folder
  6. Steam will start to download TERA and finish instantly
  7. Enjoy TERA on Steam

This info is just what I needed. I didn't really want to re-download all that much stuff.

All my characters are on Tempest Reach, but I probably won't be playing much once the double-whammy of The Witcher 3 and Neon Struct is released. Depends on how much I like the new class.

janoDX

Tried this game for a good 4 hours, it's good but my laptop (2011 HP latptop) can't handle it on 30fps, I'll play it more once I get a new MSI Laptop.

But my little brother plays it and he's the leader of a clan that now has a castle in the game, if you spot Einyels in game, tell him for me that he needs to study.

Top Bottom