• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TERA: FoA |OT| F2P Now on Steam! Parade coming after HL3

Thanks for the insight. For now I guess I'll stick with Mystic, I had some issues healing SM during a SM run yesterday, there was a 65 zerker that was downleveled and kept taking his own hp down to next to nothing, scared the crap out of me til i realized he was doing it for vamp strike lol. But yeah your comments about warrior now makes me want to try that...man why can't more MMOs adopt FF14's job system. That was the perfect cure to my Alt-itis...

Give warrior a go! They are soooooooooo much fun to play :D

I definitely recommending anyone to have a warrior in their roster <3 (bias bias~) XD

Oh wow sorry for the late reply! I believe I'm level 32 at the moment. I'm really enjoying the mystic so far, healing people with the aiming/lock on system is certainly different though entertaining. :)

no probs ^___^ im happy to hear you are enjoying it so far <3

let me know your impression once you run CR or get up to mid-40s? cuz that's where my second mystic at, at the moment haha :3

So I was tanking Akasha earlier and wow, I got praises from the party. That I didn't die, that I knew how to hold aggro and that I was a good tank.

I just facerolled lol. Ok, not really. But i need more practice tanking. However, makes me cringe when i think what kind of people these guys have gotten after queueing.

haha i know what you mean .____. a lot of people adds me onto their friend list straightaway after i instantmatch as lancer with them and im like zuh???? :3 ah well, always nice to be appreciated! :D

I've been so out of the loop with this game. Enjoyed all the time I put into it, until the dreaded 50-60 grind. But the combat and world design was incredible. I'm coming back!

Welcome back! :D

Calabi

My Fiance and I are looking to give Tera a try tonight because it allows Controller support. My only real question is, is the controller support really good? Like do I only need to use the keyboard to talk for the most part?

When I played it a while ago all I used was the controller, best way to play it in my opinion.

Z3M0G

You level really fast now.

How is it faster than before? Leveling during questing feels to be the same. I just about hit 47 and i was 44 about 10 hours back or so.

I love returning to this game now and then after playing other mmos because while the quest grind is a bit much, it feels like there is always something to do. It would be better if there were perhaps half as many quests as there are, but the combat is so fun i can deal with it. Avatar weapons are new to me, and they add a nice addition to the progression.

To accept quests, navigate through inventory and such, its best with keyboard yes, controller works great for gameplay with melee classes, ranged or healer is trickier

I play 100% with a controller. I got used to navigating the mouse cursor with the right stick for navigating the UI. Set the speed to max and give it a little time. If you simply hate it, just keep a mouse next to you for UI stuff.

Elfstruck

Hmmm guys, i just hit 60 so I'm wondering if I should buy any gears at 60 like devastator weapon, and patrol set? Or should i just keep using my lvl 58 gears. I'm at 144 ilvl.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Apparently they hate expats, am IP blocked from JP.

Then again doubt it would have been a good idea to play this on US servers anyways considering the timing required for blocks and other stuff. lol

NeOak

Hmmm guys, i just hit 60 so I'm wondering if I should buy any gears at 60 like devastator weapon, and patrol set? Or should i just keep using my lvl 58 gears. I'm at 144 ilvl.
You'll get new gear when you go to the new area. Don't use money to buy gear until 65.

Parakeetman

Combat is good, though the crafting system is abysmal. :/ That and the changes made to gathering / crafting so you use up points that regen over real time.

Considering Im generally a crafter first combat second this is a huge downside for me with the title itself. Having to constantly kill shit for random drops isnt helping either for those pieces necessary to make armor with. For high lv gear I understand how that works, but low lv starting stuff yeah no.

NeOak

Apparently they hate expats, am IP blocked from JP.

Then again doubt it would have been a good idea to play this on US servers anyways considering the timing required for blocks and other stuff. lol

I know someone who moved to Japan and had to get a VPN to play on NA TERA.

He quit due to the latency. So i guess you're stuck with JTERA.

Parakeetman

I know someone who moved to Japan and had to get a VPN to play on NA TERA.

He quit due to the latency. So i guess you're stuck with JTERA.

With the worst login system ever of having to need 2 separate accounts.

Puru

Soloed Akasha and Golden Labyrinth today.

I feel bad about Akasha since i had to use two broken powerful healing pots after i put her down to like 20% of her hp...
Glad i looked a quick guide about one of the boss so i could interrupt one of his attacks though.

Also had to abuse max leash range on the double boss fight in GL, the dog being killable alone further than the other guy can go.

Since i don't really feel like i'd like to level an alt from scratch despise really liking what i played of zerker and mystics, are Reapers good enough for the dps role? (Wish it could also be an Aman).

They really need to improve the matching system though. It would be better if they let us know some info like how many people are queueing, if your party is waiting one or two players etc. I queued for sabex armory today for like an hour, not even sure if my turn would come soon or I was the only one queueing that dungeon ;(

Elfstruck

They really need to improve the matching system though. It would be better if they let us know some info like how many people are queueing, if your party is waiting one or two players etc. I queued for sabex armory today for like an hour, not even sure if my turn would come soon or I was the only one queueing that dungeon ;(

Yeh I can understand that feeling. I queued for almost 40 mins for LoT but couldnt find any -_-

NeOak

ihgRuSxY47P6n.jpg

Dat car

Give warrior a go! They are soooooooooo much fun to play :D

I definitely recommending anyone to have a warrior in their roster <3 (bias bias~) XD

You are a bad influence :p Got a warrior to 20 last night lol, man that is a fun class, very flashy move set. Question though, is there ways to mitigate damage best just defensive stance? I actually died while level because it got overwhelmed by mobs haha. Guess warrior isn't too great with dealing with multiple enemies. Seems like I need a pocket healer or a bunch of potions and bandages

Any suggestions for crystals and is Impact important for warriors?

You are a bad influence :p Got a warrior to 20 last night lol, man that is a fun class, very flashy move set. Question though, is there ways to mitigate damage best just defensive stance? I actually died while level because it got overwhelmed by mobs haha. Guess warrior isn't too great with dealing with multiple enemies. Seems like I need a pocket healer or a bunch of potions and bandages

Any suggestions for crystals and is Impact important for warriors?

Defensive stance is great from level 1 to mid 30s, once you build your arsenal, try the Offensive stance :D You will have to get used not to having block, but there's a lot of crystals for less HP but moar damage that you can play around with. You have to be careful though, but it's awesome fun to solo BAMs at consistently around 25% to 30% of your HP and dealing pretty cool damage ^________^

But for lower levels, the defensive stance is awesome. And yesh, it's not the best class for mobs :< but it's terrific fun class for BAMs and dungeons. Once you know the BAM's attack pattern, you can tailor the warrior's moves accordingly <3

"Death from Above" is my number one TERA's favourite skill. This is the skill that defines the game for me XD

Also, time your shadow appropriately <3 It can take some heat off you when you are in a pinch because it generates A LOT of agro ^____^

Try to pack yourself with a lot of bandages when soloing. Pocket healer is good but it really takes off some of the edge (and the fun) of playing with the BAMs.

Once you get up to high enough levels, tailor your crystals to different set-ups! For Offensive stance, a mixture between low HP + high damage and rear attack crystals are best :D

Also glyph your attack to return HP to you when the attack lands. I forgot the name of the skill but its one of the earlier ones, the one with a few slashes. It helps managing HP :>

In dungeons, you gotta be a bit more mindful about moving around the boss because your party usually would like the boss to stay still (especially sorc and zerks). Lancers are good at keeping bosses in one spot, but a warrior needs to learn it because warriors get used at dodging with side-rolls and moving around the monsters themselves (to chase their rears). After a while the instinct to chase their rears got so ingrained in my warrior that when I tank with him I have to remember that I am holding agro at the front and that the damage dealers are having fun at the butt end.

XD

Thankfully I already maxed out a Lancer, so I understand how parties likey their tanks :>

Oh and warrior's resolve really needs some micro management when tanking big bosses. Lancer's resolve is more robust.

:> :> :>

Hope you continue to enjoy ^________^

Edit: I dont really use Impact crystals ever on any of my chars :O I donno about now, but they were pretty negligible in effects, afaik

Elfstruck

What class are you Elfie? LoT is duoable if you are a heal (or even soloable if you're a dps or tank) :D

Im a dps warr. I just hit 64 and I havent done the LoT story quest :(. So I quess I have to find a way to solo it since I cant matchmaking with others. Oh and how I can get the Idoneal jewelry set? Is there a story quest that provide those or just normal quest?

NeOak

Im a dps warr. I just hit 64 and I havent done the LoT story quest :(. So I quess I have to find a way to solo it since I cant matchmaking with others. Oh and how I can get the Idoneal jewelry set? Is there a story quest that provide those or just normal quest?
The idoneal set is given by the vanguard when you reach 65 and complete all story quests I think. I don't remember at the moment.

EDarkness

Man, I'd love to play this game, but all I get are the "Manifest" problems. So, I can't even play the game. I'm guessing it's because I'm in Japan, but there's no way of knowing without running a VPN. Oh well, I guess I'll have to wait until I get back to the U.S. to try it out.

Warriors have been solo-ing LoT even back when it was THE end game dungeon. Or at least a Korean warrior did. There's YouTube clip of it. Is pretty insane :D

You only need to find a heal or another dps, for LoT, if you don't want to solo it. GL with story quest, Elfie!!!

&#10084;

Z3M0G

Man, I'd love to play this game, but all I get are the "Manifest" problems. So, I can't even play the game. I'm guessing it's because I'm in Japan, but there's no way of knowing without running a VPN. Oh well, I guess I'll have to wait until I get back to the U.S. to try it out.

That shit is a nightmare. A major pain every time i return to the game after several months.

I've gotten pretty into this game. The gameplay isn't just a numbers game and actually involves movement and precision. The only thing I dislike atm is that certain classes are exclusive to certain races though.

apparently finding a party for end game dungeon is still a pain. Have been trying to do BR for week but no luck so far. Guess I will suck it up and pay monies for some +12 equipment to prove i have some skill, urg

NeOak

apparently finding a party for end game dungeon is still a pain. Have been trying to do BR for week but no luck so far. Guess I will suck it up and pay monies for some +12 equipment to prove i have some skill, urg

If you get ambit, don't +12 it. +9 is more than enough.

FYI crafted doesn't masterwork easily

Man how is CR a lvl 35 dungeon. Starting there as a 35 warrior tank was terrible, everything is lvl 38 and I couldn't hold any aggro because i did no damage, lost like half my crystals dying lol. Got better tho after hitting 39 and getting the next avatar weapon.

Been messing with CS to make some money with the daily. Is it really a crapshoot in regards to winning or are there actual strategies?

If you get ambit, don't +12 it. +9 is more than enough.

FYI crafted doesn't masterwork easily

I ended up making a practice party and cleared it with a bunch of people using Idoneal gear lol. I got an ambit chest and shoes from that run, a weapon for priest dropped at the end but too bad our healer was mystic

NeOak

I ended up making a practice party and cleared it with a bunch of people using Idoneal gear lol. I got an ambit chest and shoes from that run, a weapon for priest dropped at the end but too bad our healer was mystic

I hope to god it was not the discovery staff ;-;

Elfstruck

Omgggg, I have been trying BR with a couple of ppl today but we failed at the freaking 1st boss. Not enough dps when he hits 30% hp -.-".

trying to play/install this and getting a "Source file was corrupted" message after downloading it. Repair doesn't fix it. Unchecked read-only in properties.

Anyone got a solution before I uninstall this?

Kilrathi

I just starting playing again, I rolled a lancer.

I still hate that starting island it is way too slow to get going

TheYanger

Haven't played this game since beta, just downloaded it to see how it's come along, seems like some of the more fair F2P systems out there in an mmo which is a big plus out of the gate. Elin are still super gross, but whatever.

Escalario

Banned
I'm back :D And with a new class :D Archer was boring for me :3c Slayer is much more fun, since the combat seems to be much more engaging :3

Haven't played this game since beta, just downloaded it to see how it's come along, seems like some of the more fair F2P systems out there in an mmo which is a big plus out of the gate. Elin are still super gross, but whatever.

Yes, they are &#128554;

But like you say, whatever! XD

WB to Tera!! ^____^

Top Bottom