• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'The 10 Most Overrated Films of All Time'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now as far as Shawshank Redemption..... I've never seen why people act like it changed their lives. It was so predictable and cliche ridden. It's just another doe-eyed white guy who is better than everyone else and didn't do it, and his black sidekick with magical properties who did in an almost completely neutered prison environment.

I agree with this so much. I probably enjoyed the movie for what it was more than you did, but it confounds me to see it ranked with The Godfather and Schindler's List on some lists.

I would personally add Gravity (emo Appollo 13). That movie is beautiful...but watching Sandra Bullock be sad for 90 minutes did not resonate with me. She simply did not sell the role and it's clear they had to add a
dead kid to the mix
due to her inability to believably convey the emotion of being stranded on its own merits.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Lists like these exclusively exist to stroke the egos of film critic hipsters who want to one-up each other, by shitting on movies nobody else has thought to shit on yet. This one goes above and beyond by including more unknown alternatives, proving with evidence that the person who wrote this article is more cultured and interesting than you.
Woah dude it's ok to like inception

GoodlifeX

Gtfo for Departed

Skyfall? Of all over rated films out there? Number 1 on these over rated lists never even seem to be in ballpark of truly overrated.

Should have been Space Odessy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom