• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 2017 NBA Draft |OT| Trust The Process

30th still gives Lakers a shot at Bolden, Bell or Ike. Don't fuck this up, Rob Lowe

They can also draft a smaller guard (Frank mason, frank Jackson, Juwan Evans) if they drop to that 2nd

I'm a Jayhawk, so I'm biased, but I think Mason is legit. May not be a huge dropoff from the departed Russell.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Done deal, didn't make the first round.

I thought he had a great combine supposedly. Anyway, when the 9.99 insiders started rumbling that he was going to go pro I thought he was out of his damn mind. He had an okay freshman year but given all the turnover from this year's team, he'd really have a chance to prove himself as a scoring guard.

Maybe Utah has a D league team.

It's kinda satisfying in a way. Apparently his dad thought the coaching staff wasn't being honest when they gave them his draft grade.
Yeah I heard his dad was the one really pushing for him to be 1 and done. Given how Derryck Thornton's dad basically forced him to transfer out because he wasn't being used as the next Jay Williams, maybe some of these dads need to step the fuck back.

Miracle

Hart great defender, rebounding for his position and very good shooter.

Ball passing to him too gonna make this a huge steal.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Magic fan checking in, currently staring down the edge of a cliff

With ya. Didn't think it could get worse than Hennigan but it somehow is? I don't fucking understand how you trade away picks from this years draft for picks in 2020... that are WORSE than the pick slot you have now. What the fuck?

Early second rounders typically get those, too, and make it to a second contract sooner. If he goes in the first few, he's in good shape. Then it's all on him.

and on top of that he gets a chance to get paid now instead of playing for free. I'm not sure how much he could have improved his stock with another year or two of college that really would have mattered.

Woj and them basically said that they don't expect an Indiana deal to go down with George tonight

My only guess is the trade deadline if they really want bird rights.

When does Deng's contract end?

Meier

The Magic need help now. Hate this trading for picks years down the line bullshit. This guy we traded away sounds like he's got a chance to be something.

I still can't believe what a shitshow that Serge Ibaka trade turned out to be. Sigh.

Uhhh...he's not talking about Jayson, in case that's what you were thinking.

Comm 101. It's the not the message you meant, it's the message that was received.

aseXjil.jpg

And Jackson to the Hornets at 31. He's good to go.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
The Magic need help now. Hate this trading for picks years down the line bullshit. This guy we traded away sounds like he's got a chance to be something.

I still can't believe what a shitshow that Serge Ibaka trade turned out to be. Sigh.

Trading picks now for future picks in the future makes plenty of sense... when you're actually getting assets. They fucking traded the 25th pick in the draft for a top 20 protected pick that will almost assuredly be 2 2nd rd picks. Thats just fucking trash. Same with the 35th pick. Its unreal bad.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
and on top of that he gets a chance to get paid now instead of playing for free. I'm not sure how much he could have improved his stock with another year or two of college that really would have mattered.

Supposedly next year's draft isn't particularly strong. If he teetered between the 1st and 2nd round as a freshman, its not unreasonable to think he could have improved his stock a decent amount.

Top Bottom