• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 2017 NBA Draft |OT| Trust The Process

Sources: Golden State acquired Jordan Bell from the Bulls for cash. A lot of it.

WOW

thats all that organization fucking thinks of.......they had an amazing steal in jordon bell and they fucking give it to golden state to just make them even more ridiculous

theWB27

jim-mora-playoffs-o.gif

Nah, but I did expect to go into the season an improved team. So far.. we are not. Who the FUCK is gonna score on this team?? Lopez and JC? We are fucked.

But why are you so gung ho on trading away assets on a dude who may come anyway in fa? You can then try and leverage that same talent you would've trade for Pg13 to get rid of another contract and go after another fa?

You'd give someone 5 bucks for a free burger just to get it 5 minutes earlier?

spyder_ur

I have a feeling Crowder gets traded before the start of the season and if they get Hayward/George that means Yabusele probably spends another year in Asia/Europe.

I agree. I think this clears the way for Crowder as a major part of a deal once FA shakes out. I don't think you can really have too many wings in the NBA these days. They do have to add big depth somehow, but that wasn't going to be solved tonight.

I'm really happy with the Ojeleye pick.

Mrbob

I'm legit fuming about this lol. The Bulls finally got a break, made a good draft move in rebuild mode and they toss it away for cash.

JABEE

I don't know how you can trade picks for cash. Every team in the NBA should be as competitive as possible. The only concern should be cap space.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
But why are you so gung ho on trading away assets on a dude who may come anyway in fa? You can then try and leverage that same talent you would've trade for Pg13 to get rid of another contract and go after another fa?

You'd give someone 5 bucks for a free burger just to get it 5 minutes earlier?
1. Acquiring his Bird rights.
2. Scared he might like the team he's traded to and decides to stay (Celtics / Spurs / Cavs / Rockets biggest concern.)
3. Don't give a fuck about losing either JC or Randle or these picks especially if I get PG13 for it and still have money left over to sign a max FA to pair with George.

Fjordson

who the fuck keeps giving us second round picks lmao

iirc we bought the pick that ended up being pat mccaw too
We did. Like $2.4 mill from the Bucks.

This could be another great steal. And at a position of need. Whew.

I don't know how you can trade picks for cash. Every team in the NBA should be as competitive as possible. The only concern should be cap space.
Also comes down to roster space sometimes. A team may have too many picks to accommodate them all. Or they may be saving a roster spot for free agency.

1. Acquiring his Bird rights.
2. Scared he might like the team he's traded to and decides to stay (Celtics / Spurs / Cavs / Rockets biggest concern.)
3. Don't give a fuck about losing either JC or Randle or these picks especially if I get PG13 for it and still have money left over to sign a max FA to pair with George.

By all accounts they offered JC/Randle/Late 1sts package and were turned down. Not sure what else you want them to do. They rightly refused to part with Ingram or the 2nd pick.

Top Bottom