• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 24 Hours of Le Mans 2015 |OT| Nissan enter the fray

Status
Not open for further replies.

TCRS

Banned
damn that car is kaput

It's even more awesome when you're attending one. Do the 24h of Spa every year, and everytime nighttime arrives there is this soothing calm atmosphere that falls over the track. The engines still roar like hell, but because a lot of spectactors go home or go to their tents it's so soothing to just walk around the track. It's the best time of a 24H race.

one day...

McNum

Ouch. On one hand it was interesting to see a hit like that from an onboard camera, but that was a hard hit. Could have gone much, much worse, of course. I hope they get the car running again. Show the wall who's boss.

Tandy in the #19 Porsche just set a 3:18:674.

Nissan have been very arrogant about their car ever since they announced it.

Promoting the hell out of their car does not equal arrogance, they brought something different and had a right to tell everyone how different what they brought was. It was obvious when the downgrade in power started that they weren't ready, and their abysmal performance is a testament to that.

Promoting the hell out of their car does not equal arrogance, they brought something different and had a right to tell everyone how different what they brought was. It was obvious when the downgrade in power started that they weren't ready, and their abysmal performance is a testament to that.

I don't think Nissan would've spent a considerable amount of money in marketing and 3 cars if they thought this would be the performance. So yes IMHO they've been arrogant in thinking such an unconventional approach would be successful - IMO, they will never be successful with this design philosophy.

Their tone has definitely softened compared to when the car was first announced:

“You don’t go to Le Mans to just turn up,” Palmer said. “The brief to the team is to go with something different, go with something that brings new technology which is transferable to the road car technology and an approach that is innovative and exciting and of course, go to win.

“Believe me, I think this is the car that will go down in the annals of time and be one of those cars which will be long remembered, not only for the fact that it will have won Le Mans but also that it reset the real meaning of NISMO as a link between success on the track and success on the road.”

People have different thresholds for what constitutes arrogance, but I personally didn't care for the "not here to make friends" tough talk, either. They may back it up in years to come, though. Who knows.

dalin80

Banned
It's kind of a bit sad now that one of the nissans is out and the others are in the pits, need my fill of FF hilarity. :(

olore

Well... this looks like another VAG-show to the last cent. I´ll hit the sack shortly

And I hope one of the 919 Hybrids will take it

dalin80

Banned
Well... this looks like another VAG-show to the last cent. I´ll hit the sack shortly

And I hope one of the 919 Hybrids will take it

Well that was obvious since the first round of the WEC, there are several other races going if LMP1 doesn't take your fancy.

Oh man, that Porsche tire dodge was intense.

e: Have to say that while the blip at the race start was annoying, the WEC stream has been worth it. No commercials >>> *

TUaoaFm.jpg

dalin80

Banned
Laggy live timing took some time to sort itself out, was showing the audi gaining 10s or so every sector rather then a stop for the porsche. Reboot time.

Two remaining nissans back on track, may the hilarity continue!

olore

Goddamn, a guy on fire ran into the box, looked like someone drained a fire extinguisher at him

And guys. We´re halfway. Would be fun to drive this track, I guess GranTurismo feature it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom