• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 24 Hours of Le Mans 2015 |OT| Nissan enter the fray

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonder what the hell happened. Doesn't look good for the #7 Audi though.

It's basically down to the #19, the #9, and the #17. Unless all of those have trouble too!

e: Not to say they won't get the #7 Audi back going, but it's going to be battling with the Toyotas.
e2: Well, maybe not? "only" lost 2 laps.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
Wonder what the hell happened. Doesn't look good for the #7 Audi though.

It's basically down to the #19, the #9, and the #17. Unless all of those have trouble too!

e: Not to say they won't get the #7 Audi back going, but it's going to be battling with the Toyotas.
e2: Well, maybe not? "only" lost 2 laps.

Porsche's gonna win this, are they? :)

Shaneus

Webber passed a car under yellow flag, or so it was reported. Some speculation was that the previous driver did it and they took the penalty while Webbah was in the car.
Yeah, they just confirmed the latter. Which is funny, because he was saying about Spa that Porsche would've won but they "keep kicking own goals" (ie. self-sabotaging). Sounds like they did it again, and he bore the brunt of it.

Edit: Looking at the times, if #17 is a lap down but is a pit ahead, does that mean they're still in it despite the penalty?

Also, Hulk in the lead! God, I hope Porsche brings this one home.

Yeah, they just confirmed the latter. Which is funny, because he was saying about Spa that Porsche would've won but they "keep kicking own goals" (ie. self-sabotaging). Sounds like they did it again, and he bore the brunt of it.

Edit: Looking at the times, if #17 is a lap down but is a pit ahead, does that mean they're still in it despite the penalty?

Also, Hulk in the lead! God, I hope Porsche brings this one home.
The #17 is definitely still in it, though between the #7 and #8, one of those Audis could challenge it by the end.

Realistically only the #17 and #9 are within striking distance of the leader barring unforeseen calamity striking the #19.

Rain/accident/reliability can (and will) throw a wrench into all of this. It's probably fair to say that of the #19, #17, and #9, two of them will have something bad happen in the last 7 hours.

edit: God damn, what a wreck by the #96 Aston.

Right I've been asleep for 6 hours hopefully I didn't miss much!

Nah. Same old basically. Color me surprised, I didn't expect that by now the only LMP1 car retirement would be a Nissan. Usually attrition takes out another 3-4 of them by this point.

Corvette might lose its lead in GT Pro since they decided to pit under safety car to replace their brakes but missed the pit exit by a few seconds after the safety car came back in. That sucks.

Mastah

Aston Martin Racing ‏@AMR_Official 2m2 minutes ago

We can confirm that Roald is conscious and talking on the radio but will go to the medical centre. We'll keep you updated.

Great news.

WEC announcer guys pissing me off talking about the Audi. It's the same car! They already changed the deck on that one! If it keeps developing holes, then... it can have holes in it!

dalin80

Banned
Yeah kind of a disappointing one for me so far. Won't be going down as one of the greats but this is still some time left for a bit more action.

Shaneus

So both 9 and 17 pitted? I'm assuming they're pretty much in the same spot given one of 17s pits was for a stop-start (I believe).

One by one, the issues seem to be piling up for the R18s. It's a shame for them to not be at full fighting strength, and there's a long ways to go yet, but the pieces are falling into place for Porsche.

Shaneus

2:15 or so between first and second? I know Webber was a lap behind earlier, so they're making up time I guess.

I wish I knew how to follow this better. I have F1 down pat but this is a whole different kettle of fish.

And the 64 Corvette is pretty much the fan favourite around these (GAFs) parts, yes? Is that because it's a US entry?

Dilly

Banned
2:15 or so between first and second? I know Webber was a lap behind earlier, so they're making up time I guess.

I wish I knew how to follow this better. I have F1 down pat but this is a whole different kettle of fish.

And the 64 Corvette is pretty much the fan favourite around these (GAFs) parts, yes? Is that because it's a US entry?

It's my favourite because it's bright yellow and makes a good sound.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom