• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Ascent |OT| As Above, So Below

Easily my most anticipated game of this decade so far. I know it's nothing like it in terms of gameplay, but it sort of feels like I've been waiting for this game since Syndicate Wars.

I asked this in another thread, but does anyone know who the composer is?

GymWolf

That sounds extremely late, what is the countdown in op for?

Is that for Steam and Xbox, or just Steam?
I don't know, i readed the info on reeee.

But then i checked on steam and at least in italy, we are 21 hours away from the unlock.

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
At the moment of writing this(12:20pm PST), the countdown timer on GP PC says '21H : 40M'. So it will release at 10am PST, which is what it says in the listing.

Last edited:

MachRc

Been playing this game since last week. Runs well on my 1080gtx in 4k

Good game so far. I keep going to the health dispensing machine and cant help repeated jamming the x button
Which purchases a crap load of health boxes that I end up not being able to use but depleting my money.

Luckily you can backtrack and it will still be there.

Doncabesa

Good game so far. I keep going to the health dispensing machine and cant help repeated jamming the x button
Which purchases a crap load of health boxes that I end up not being able to use but depleting my money.

Embargo isn't up until tomorrow morning

I been waiting for this one since they announced it bro. If you can spill the beans without getting in trouble(Like some embargo or something)..how is it so far? No story details or anything, but hows the gameplay - is it pretty fun?

Also for anyone in the know I like it when some xbox gamepass games let me play on PC, then b oot up my series x and all my progress is there - I think its called Play Anywhere? Can I do that with this? Cause when im going solo ill probably be on my PC

Second, does the New Zealand trick work with a VPN? Can I play sometime tonight? lol

It's not going live at midnight is it? :/
Doesn't look like it bro, I got it preloaded on xbox and im downloading it now on my PC too and it says this on PC Gamepass:

qfFtiAB.jpg

Easily my most anticipated game of this decade so far. I know it's nothing like it in terms of gameplay, but it sort of feels like I've been waiting for this game since Syndicate Wars.

I asked this in another thread, but does anyone know who the composer is?
Exactly what my buddy and I have been saying to each other, feels like Syndicate Wars + Diablo II + Cyberpunk. Got a team ready to go, hopefully not too late for Australian unlock of presinstall for us.

reksveks

Also for anyone in the know I like it when some xbox gamepass games let me play on PC, then b oot up my series x and all my progress is there - I think its called Play Anywhere? Can I do that with this? Cause when im going solo ill probably be on my PC

Play Anywhere is their buy one, play on pc and console feature. I am not sure if the game supports cross platform progression sadly.

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
Just about 11hrs to go!

I think the feature that allows cross-platform saves is 'Cloud Saves'. Streets of Rage 4 has this. Your progress syncs with the cloud so if you beat it halfway on PC, you can pick up right where you left off on console.

Last edited:

GymWolf

Only one question, is the game too easy?!

SJRB

Gold Member
Kinda wild how they didn't give 100000 streamers a few day's early access to this, I was totally expecting everyone and their mom to stream it already but there's nothing.

The site 'Generacion Xbox' gave it an 8.8/10 lol. Never heard of the site and it's in Spanish, only review i saw out there so far, embargo still on

When you click to read the full review it doesn't load, so they don't have it fully up yet

Last edited:
Man, MS chose a bad time to start the beta for Halo. I'll be playing The Ascent but I feel bad for Neon Giant.
It is some weird timing, but I guess the Gamepass thing might help it from being sent to die.

Sort of weird though how little hype this game has gotten. I get that it's not a high profile game in a hot genre, but come on.

DavidGzz

It is some weird timing, but I guess the Gamepass thing might help it from being sent to die.

Sort of weird though how little hype this game has gotten. I get that it's not a high profile game in a hot genre, but come on.

Yeah, plus no NDA so the big streamers will be covering Halo and instead of this potentially awesome game.

anthony2690

Banned
Turned my Xbox on today, was hyped thinking I was about to play this, "you are too early" check the store listing and it isn't even live till 6pm! :(

DavidGzz

Yeah, about to get off of work. I'll be asleep for the toughest part of the wait. I'll have to force myself to gym before hopping on or I may not go. :D

Top Bottom