• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Best Game of the Generation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tenaciousmo

iRnjhI3.png

FemaleUglyBaldeagle-small.gif
popularity contest is a popularity contest.

anothertech

God of War
Nier A
Monster Hunter World
Dark Souls III
Undertale
FF7R
Titanfall 2
Ghost of Tsushima
Witcher 3
Red Dead 2
Horizon ZD
Spiderman
Death Stranding
HL Alyx
Dreams
Destiny 2

ZZZZ

This makes no sense. If that's the case then you do a point rank system, like the GOTY threads here and on ERA. Your 1st gets 10 points, 2nd gets 9. etc etc

Brackets aren't good because it's people giving their opinion on the matchups regardless or not if it factors into their overall GOTG. So if it's a more divisive game like TLOU2 for example, then how many will just vote against that rather than just be simply voting out of like for the other option.
That's why he put TLOU2 against a better game in the first round, so it gets a quick exit and can keep the drama down for the rest of the contest.

Last edited:

DelireMan7

Can I ask how the bracket were made ? (The explanation in the first post sound like a joke)

By looking some initial matchup or brackets are "weird" :

• Titles part of the same franchise are VS on the first round (Resident Evil, Final Fantasy and to an extent FromSoft titles)
  • The 2 Soulsborne and Sekiro are clashing in the first 2 rounds
  • Same goes for 3 big Nintendo titles on the last bracket
  • All battle royal in one bracket
  • In general I have the feeling small/indie games are match up against others small/indie

Not a complaint, I know it's just a for fun tournament but I am really curious about the process. Because just by looking, it doesn't look randomized to me.

Mattdaddy

Gold Member
I saw the "Dark Soul 3 vs Prey" thread the other day but I just kinda glanced over the title and had no clue this competition was happening. I was like "well that's a weird ass comparison thread" lol.

Anyway... patiently waiting for Witcher 3 and Bloodborne to come head to head and the ensuing fireworks.

Last edited:

Oliade677

Neo Member
In terms of pure mastery, I would have to go with Sekiro. Everything about that game is perfection. My most memorable gaming experience was Observer. What a batshit crazy experience. Loved it so much, flaws and all.

Nameless

My Top 5(no order)

Bloodborne
Red Dead Redemption 2
Pathologic 2
Prey
Outer Wilds

Prey and Outer Wilds were 1st round outs, and Pathologic 2 got completely shafted

V4skunk

Banned
Bloodborne
Binding of isaac rebirth
Company of Heroes 2
Botw
DS3
Sekiro

In that order. Runners up GoW, Nier:A, Doom:E, Rimworld, Don't starve, Smash:U, Divinity2, BF4.

lpking2005

Neo Member
Seriously, how the hell did Persona 5 beat The Last Of Us 2?!

Persona 5 Royale is one of the most over-hyped and boring games i have ever played in my life!
I picked it up after playing FF7 remake and got the RPG itch.

I was into it for awhile and then after like 20hrs, i realised that all i've done is click X to advance dialogue for 90% of the time.
I just don't get the praise of this game.

My only problem with The Last of Us 2 was that it was too long but the gameplay and quality was there at least.

Fbh

Just wanted to say that despite some people complaining about the bracket system I think it's cool.
There's been some fun discussions and threads that wouldn't have happened if everyone just posted lists.

Astral Dog

To me would be between BotW and Bloodborne with Borne winning as queen
Then God of War, then RDR2 i guess (haven't played it but Rockstar open worlds are so full with awesome details)

Witcher 3 has top world design but other than that 🤮 should not be on top 5.

Honorable spots to RE7, FF7R, RE2, DMC V and DOOM

Last edited:

FunkMiller

Persona 5 Royale is one of the most over-hyped and boring games i have ever played in my life!

I was into it for awhile and then after like 20hrs, i realised that all i've done is click X to advance dialogue for 90% of the time.

My only problem with The Last of Us 2 was that it was too long but the gameplay and quality was there at least.

A golf club.

.Pennywise

Banned

You know that the exact same argument was given the other way around? TLOU2 vs. P5 was one of the most heated matches.

sekiro, fortnite, apex, alyx, titanfall 2, space pirate trainer
Alyx is just in another league (and despite that I don't think it'll make it through 1st or 2nd round)

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum

Each people have different taste in games.....
2be9f8777740c756aacdb0a022d44c1c.gif

HE1NZ

Banned
Sure, get some people that supports your proposal and I'll do it.
I don't know how to do that. There's been a bunch of mentions of Forza. The list is missing racing games completely, but have a whole bunch of indies nobody played (and Destiny 2 :messenger_hushed:). Horizon 3 or 4 are clearly best racing gen of the entire gen. Maybe make a bonus round for Forza Horizon 3 vs Celeste before Celeste vs Sonic Mania?

It's weird, eh? I did a poll for best game of the first 6 months of the year and TLOU2 beat Persona 5 Royal by 85 to 8. Sure, you'd expect a repackaged game to get less votes than the original, but the difference is huge considering the result of the current vote.

Inanilmaz

Its all about them Anime Aesthetics and waifu n shit

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom