• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The big ones are out; what JRPGs are you looking to buy for the rest of the year?

The big ones are out, what JRPGs are you looking to buy for the rest of 2024?

• Total voters

sigmaZ

Eiyuden Chronicles next week.
Then after that, there's not much.
I will play Visions of Mana because of nostalgia, but the OST pieces I've heard have me worried as the music is the main thing about the series I liked.
I will mess around SMTV on PC and drop it if I don't get into it this time.
I will likely try out Metaphor: ReFantazio, but there's something about it that has me cautious. It wreaks of sound good on paper but boring to play. We'll see.
I was done with Trails after the first one. No more cozy writing power of friendship bs for me. (I fear Eiyuden may have fallen to this, but I still have hope.)
Ys X I will definitely try. IX was really awful to get through because of the terrible writing, but the gameplay was fun and it got much better after skipping all the dialog. If X is more of that comfy soy stuff I will play it for as long as it's fun an skip the dialogue. We'll see.

Last edited:

Astray

Gold Member
Already bought Trails into Daybreak on Steam, the rest will likely be picked up on heavy discounts as I have a fuckton of JRPG things to finish yet.

Soon - Eiyuden Chronicles (I hope it's good)

Next - Shin Megami Tensei V: Post-Early Access Edition

Then - Metaphor: ReFantazio

Lastly (Hopefully) - Dragon Quest III HD2D - I'm really hoping SE has this scheduled to release for the end of the year.

-Next Year-
*Dragon Quest XII
*Persona 6 (Hopefully)
*PennyBlood (2025 is the target release)
*Dragon's Dogma II Expansion
I haven't bought Dragon's Dogma II yet, so I think I'll just wait for the inevitable enhanced edition.

CosmicComet

Ignore the name for a while , but it's a game directed by the man who made all the modern Personas . I've faith , and the trailer and art looks incredible

Looks really good.

I've always had zero interest in Persona due to the high school settings, and even SMT because it's still modern even though its usually post apocalyptic.

This fantasy setting is just what I needed.

Chukhopops

For me, it’s Ys X followed by the P3R DLC.

Ys VIII and IX were fantastic and for X I’m not making the mistake of buying the Switch version again so it should run properly.

Metaphor and Visions of Mana both look interesting but there’s no way I can fit them in my schedule.

Any other RPGs? Gamestop has a good trade-in promotion right now, so I want to get everything set up.

Already have Stellar Blade and Ys X. I could throw in Visions of Mana, I suppose. I tried to get Fantasy Life, but it isn't in their system yet. Neither is Metaphor.

Paper Mario, I already have on Gamecube. Saga Emerald or whatever looks awful to me.

Last edited:
If Metaphor drops in October, I'll ignore every RPG on the poll. I backlogged Dragon's Dogma 2, Granblue Fantasy, and Unicorn Overlord before I finished Rebirth. Those three will hold me over until it releases.

Last edited:

StereoVsn

Didn't the guy in charge of the Dragon Quest series at Square Enix just get demoted to the cell phone games division because these games have stalled in development?

As for me, probably Metaphor.
I think that was for DQ XII which kind of sounds got stuck in development hell. DQ3 was supposed to be handled by a different team.

StereoVsn

For me, it’s Ys X followed by the P3R DLC.

Ys VIII and IX were fantastic and for X I’m not making the mistake of buying the Switch version again so it should run properly.

Metaphor and Visions of Mana both look interesting but there’s no way I can fit them in my schedule.
Heh, Ys VIII released at first on Vita. Now, that was a performance juggernaut! :messenger_winking:

Barely anything has enticed me so far this year for one reason or another.

Nothing Japanese, only these games I'm looking forward to.

hcqdBBx.jpeg

sO5BwYp.jpeg

Last edited:

Isa

So you are judging entire game based on name? People said same thing about Unicorn Overlord and that game turned out fantastic! Also I can‘t think of any Hashino made that was bad, most game he made all turned out great in my opinion.
Unfortunately people still judge a book by it's cover. One would hope that we in the modern age would have surpassed that indelible mark of our lowly origin but sadly such is often not the case. Could be a ruse to rustle some jimmies but who knows.

Top Bottom