• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT14| Ruthless: The So Well Spoken Story

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmood88

Today is the first time I've been in a comicbook store since the months before hurricane Katrina destroyed all my comics. I've gotten back into comics in the last few years but I haven't been in an actual store since I was a kid.

Slayven

Best thing I can say about New Black Panther is that you don't know who is the bad guy yet, you can see each side has a good point to want to fuck shit up and they would not be wrong.

Marissa J. Johnson(one of the women who interrupted Bernie in Settle) has been goin in on Killer Mike for the past couple hours.

Her timeline:
https://twitter.com/rissaoftheway

Imani Gandy retweeted the whole thing making it easy to read/catch up:
https://twitter.com/AngryBlackLady

Killer Mike been on some fuck shit, revising history and calling grown as women "little girls"

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
I know the popo watching. Please close that diversity thread on gaming side. That shit is an embarrassment to the site. Folks are losing their minds in there. They got cats in there saying racism is over cause Obama is President with a straight face.XD

I know the popo watching. Please close that diversity thread on gaming side. That shit is an embarrassment to the site. Folks are losing their minds in there. They got cats in there saying racism is over cause Obama is President with a straight face.XD

What's great is that while people in there are proudly stating how opposed they are to minorities being shoved in their faces, there's another thread where people are defending minority characters needing to be written better than white characters in order to warrant inclusion and taking offense at any insinuation that that's not good.

Enzom21

The gaming side is a cesspool, and I doubt any serious discussion can be had there.
Threads discussing racism, diversity or black people will inevitably lead to fuckery.
The black characters in Nintendo games thread was filled with racist shit like pictures of Donkey Kong and the like.
Let them argue over resolution or whatever nonsense tickles their assholes at the moment.

Malyse

I'm more interested in Augmented Reality. Imagine Nintendo doing Pokemon Go AR.

-----

I would also love a dark skinned good guy in Kingdom Hearts, cause dem implications.

Slayven

The gaming side is a cesspool, and I doubt any serious discussion can be had there.
Threads discussing racism, diversity or black people will inevitably lead to fuckery.
The black characters in Nintendo games thread was filled with racist shit like pictures of Donkey Kong and the like.
Let them argue over resolution or whatever nonsense tickles their assholes at the moment.

I would add anything touching on women issues will attract the worse of the worse

Enzom21

I'm more interested in Augmented Reality. Imagine Nintendo doing Pokemon Go AR.
Until we get some sort of exodermis suit that provides real tactile feedback, VR will be nothing more than a glorified Kinect to me.
I would add anything touching on women issues will attract the worse of the worse

That too. There are, apparently a whole lot of gamersgate manbabies on GAF.

Read threads about serious topics on Gaming side brehs

I alluded to that in my post about the diversity thread in gaming side. Some really bullshit replies and I see why most people don't even bother. Some asshat tried saying that institutional racism does't exist "in the west." A mod wasn't feeling his nonsense though. I wish sociology was mandatory in schools.

harSon

Banned
Damn. I was damn near brought to tears at work today. Im generally able to stomach the emotional aspects of my client's stories, but two sisters from Afghanistan who are political refuges were referred to our program this afternoon... and holy fucking shit people are evil. The fact that they seem so desensitized and matter of fact about their own recent tragic history absolutely destroyed me.

I want to make a thread on this bit about to grab some food but I implore all of you to watch.

It's obvious stuff to us but it's so succinct in how it explains it to those who refuse to believe.

https://www.facebook.com/100005039869392/videos/552440198267304/

Ah, Tim Wise. Eases the pain.

A thread with this would be cool, but knowing the boys it would either die in about 87 posts or someone would find a nit to pick and derail...

When that old white woman called CNN though...priceless

akira28

What is the deal with the Panama papers thing ? I skimmed a few headlines and it sounds like some philosopher legacy type ish.

tip of the iceberg. one company out of maybe dozens that do this very same thing got hacked and this was leaked out. 2TB of data involving 200,000 false corporate entities for illegal transactions. A peek at how the 1% hides their money from their governments in international tax havens.

RedSwirl

Enzom21

Just got to the part with the guy talking about moochers and "paying for slavery" immediately swerving to talk about his disability as why he doesn't pay taxes. Holy shit.

It was more of this:

6a00d83451bb2969e20120a5c02dda970c-800wi.jpg

s-MEDICARE-large.jpg
All they really mean is "Don't give coloreds free shit!"

Fuck diversity threads in general cause the shit gets stupid. White characters are never forced but as soon as you add a black, asian, hispanic character all of a sudden there needs to be a context for why that character needs to be there.

Anyways, I'm trying to get this damn PS4 remote play working on my pc but my pc won't recognize my damn DS4.

Afrocious

Question: I never really gave too much thought about being referred to as Black or an African American. I know some folks feel strongly about being called one or the other.

What are your thoughts? If anyone can educate me on this split, I'd appreciate it.

Fuck diversity threads in general cause the shit gets stupid. White characters are never forced but as soon as you add a black, asian, hispanic character all of a sudden there needs to be a context for why that character needs to be there.

Anyways, I'm trying to get this damn PS4 remote play working on my pc but my pc won't recognize my damn DS4.

Wait you're trying to play PS4 games on your PC via remote play? Yo....links on how to do that?

Question: I never really gave too much thought about being referred to as Black or an African American. I know some folks feel strongly about being called one or the other.

What are your thoughts? If anyone can educate me on this split, I'd appreciate it.

Wait you're trying to play PS4 games on your PC via remote play? Yo....links on how to do that?

Yea the new update allows remote play. Just update your PS4 and there is an app you need to download and install: https://remoteplay.dl.playstation.net/remoteplay/lang/gb/index.html
Got it working but I need to plug my ps4 to my router for a stronger connection.

Malyse

5704faec1500002a000b426c.jpeg

Have I ever mentioned how much I love the fact that Evanna Lynch basically is Luna Lovegood? That was the GOAT casting decision.

Marissa J. Johnson(one of the women who interrupted Bernie in Settle) has been goin in on Killer Mike for the past couple hours.

Her timeline:
https://twitter.com/rissaoftheway

Imani Gandy retweeted the whole thing making it easy to read/catch up:
https://twitter.com/AngryBlackLady

That was hot fire. I knew he wasn't about shit when he called those grown women "girls".

Also, something from Huff Post (take with a Huff Post grain of salt):

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/hollywood-movies-black-leads_us_56eac044e4b065e2e3d89665?ir=Entertainment

Here's the meat of the article:

Huffington Post said:
]The researchers found that after controlling for factors like genre, seasonality and the size of its opening release, having one black cast member did not significantly affect revenues, and having two black cast members correlated with earning roughly 60 percent more at the box office than the average film with no black actors. It was when films employed two or more black leads, however, that the real gains were seen: those films outperformed films with no black actors by 149 percent at the box office.

In other words, black talent is making Hollywood money.

It's a damn shame. It's so blatant and they don't even realize what they're saying or supporting.

I like being called black since my family is Haitian so I consider myself Haitian American, not African. But it doesn't really bother me if I'm called African American because I can sense if the person is trying to be offensive or not.

Johndoey

Banned
Why are people that ready to admit their somebodies side piece? If your cool with it fine, but peeps are trying too hard in that thread.

Slayven

What's with the people assuming any criticism of depictions of women in video games is some kind of puritanism from people afraid of sex period?
People wrap their idenity up into games and when you are being critical of games, they think you are being critical of them

Why are people that ready to admit their somebodies side piece? If your cool with it fine, but peeps are trying too hard in that thread.

I'm trying to figure out when it became cool to be happy being a side piece.

Folks out here happy to get the box of chocolate on February 15th

Afrocious

I don't mind being called Black or African American since I'm a black dude born in NY.

My dad was born in Jamaica but that dude can be on some weird shit about his blackness.

Kreed

We have posters posting about peeing in their jeans for the whole world to see. They need something to be proud about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom