• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT14| Ruthless: The So Well Spoken Story

Status
Not open for further replies.

shingi70

Banned
Ha one of my asshole mangers got sent home today after sending a gay dude home for having weave in his hair. The store manger found out and ended sending her home and she might get fired for discrimination.

Malyse

Well Star Wars ain't shit so clearly Boyega in Panther.
35278831.jpg

I don't know if I can handle seeing MBJ get simped and take a nap at the end of the film though.
Who said they enemies?

Slayven

Ha one of my asshole mangers got sent home today after sending a gay dude home for having weave in his hair. The store manger found out and ended sending her home and she might get fired for discrimination.

That is some petty shit, was it better looking than her's? Was it some of that silky 97? That pure Jandro tail hair?

He's the one with the weave, but she's the one who got her edges snatched. Good on the store manager.

D i Z

What am I supposed to be looking at? Just says Google Play Music..

Sorry for the late reply. Was Charting the Uncharteds, stuffing Ben & Jerry's into my face, and being a jackass in general elsewhere in the web.

You Must Remember This Podcast.

What it's about:

You Must Remember This is a storytelling podcast exploring the secret and/or forgotten histories of Hollywood’s first century. It’s the brainchild and passion project of Karina Longworth (founder of Cinematical.com, former film critic for LA Weekly), who writes, narrates, records and edits each episode. It is a heavily-researched work of creative nonfiction: navigating through conflicting reports, mythology, and institutionalized spin, Karina tries to sort out what really happened behind the films, stars and scandals of the 20th century.

This Episode

Stunning singer/actress Lena Horne was the first black performer to be given the full glamour girl star-making treatment. But as the years went on and her studio failed to make much use of her, Horne started feeling like a token — and she wasn’t wrong. Today we’ll detail Horne’s experiences rising through the ranks of the black nightclub world to MGM, where she remained under contract through the 1940s, and found herself competing with Ava Gardner for parts. Next week, we’ll talk about Horne’s post-MGM career and her struggle to stay off the blacklist. This episode originally ran in February 2015.

It opens fine for me. I'm on my laptop using firefox and it opens with my Google account no problem. I don't imagine that would make much of a difference viewing Google play through other devices though.

On Android using Chrome. Pretty sure Shy is also on a computer using Firefox.

Shy

At least I'm in good company..
ZOcTmr4.gif

It opens fine for me. I'm on my laptop using firefox and it opens with my Google account no problem. I don't imagine that would make much of a difference viewing Google play through other devices though.
On Android using Chrome. Pretty sure Shy is also on a computer using Firefox.
Yep, i'm on Firefox.

Though i should clarify, even though i'm already signed in to my Google account. Apparently i have to activate Google play music by adding a card. (which i don't feel comfortable doing)

Is that what you mean Gordon. ?

ZOcTmr4.gif

Yep, i'm on Firefox.

Though i should clarify, even though i'm already signed in to my Google account. Apparently i have to activate Google play music by adding a card. (which i don't feel comfortable doing)

Is that what you mean Gordon. ?
Hmm..Pretty sure I'm good in that department. In fact, I've got that paid YouTube crap thanks to a friend and that comes with Google Music for free. Not really sure what it could be.
Luckily, I don't use my phone for much, do no big deal..😁

Shy

Hmm..Pretty sure I'm good in that department. In fact, I've got that paid YouTube crap thanks to a friend and that comes with Google Music for free. Not really sure what it could be.
Luckily, I don't use my phone for much, do no big deal..😁
Ahhh. Gotcha.

Who thought it was a good idea to give a dude named Reginald Hudlin control over a BP series?

So.

Michael B. Jordan in Star Wars or John Boyega in Black Panther?

Choose wisely.

As tempting as it'd be to see Michael B. Jordan punching out sith lords, I'm going to have to go with Boyega in BP.

nice.jpg

jmood88

I didn't know about this. Thought it was cool, i would show you guys. (Sorry if you know about this already)

A Tip from Illumiseen: How to Prevent Running Shoe Blisters With a “Heel Lock” or “Lace Lock”

And with that, i'm of to bed. Night night fam *BAMF*

CONGRATS.
Plg0NPD.gif

Congrats, bruh.

Congrats Nigga!!!

well done

That's great jmood.

Congrats!

You can always work with this guy.

congrats man!

Congrats!

Morning..

Congratulations, brother!
Thanks everybody.

Congrats on that. You'll get one soon. What's your major?
Public health with a concentration in health management and policy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom