• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT15| - Equine, Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedSwirl

Applying to a couple paid internships this week (they don't start until next year). Man if only I could've found internships like these eight years ago.

A nigga on gaming side stright up confessed they fapped to pokemon.

..................DOT!

file_574178_carrie-god-wont-help-you-poster.jpg

The fuck did they do to her face??????

Nah bruh. I'm still in the middle of like, the GBA version of Final Fantasy V which I bought and started when it came out.

In order:

Misty's current costume is a full body suit (good), with a boob and midriff cutout. Why?

More writers of colors is a problem that Marvel and DC still have, especially when it comes to women.

The Totally Awesome Hulk complaint doesn't ring true to me, as David and Del Mundo do a decent job of drawing an Asian Hulk. Thor I don't really get either, because if it wasn't Jane, it was obviously going to be the SHIELD agent, who is likewise white. I feel she was setting herself up for disappointment with that one. The Spider-Miles complaint hit me the same way, but I get it from the character's point of view. The Moon Girl thing seems to be a bit of projection, but I can't talk to that.

Final points:

• Cap Wolf is great.
  • James Rhodes was indeed a bad idea.
  • More writers of color is good.
  • Writers reaching out to authentic sources is likewise good advice.

Okay, not great. Some good points, some meandering in the weeds.

Slayven

In order:

Misty's current costume is a full body suit (good), with a boob and midriff cutout. Why?

More writers of colors is a problem that Marvel and DC still have, especially when it comes to women.

The Totally Awesome Hulk complaint doesn't ring true to me, as David and Del Mundo do a decent job of drawing an Asian Hulk. Thor I don't really get either, because if it wasn't Jane, it was obviously going to be the SHIELD agent, who is likewise white. I feel she was setting herself up for disappointment with that one. The Spider-Miles complaint hit me the same way, but I get it from the character's point of view. The Moon Girl thing seems to be a bit of projection, but I can't talk to that.

Final points:

• Cap Wolf is great.

Yeah you put it more well spoken then i can or could do

Malyse

"How's the game coming, D?" was the embarrassing question I just had. More importantly, how's your pops? Old man must have a grin impossible to mimic..😁.
I wouldn't know. My dad has the highest work ethic of anyone I've ever met 😊

This dude working 10 hour days, with an hour commute each way and then comes home to work out and rebuild the place he staying at. But he's happy.

As for the game. Well…
I'm trying to be incredibly clever about it and doing something that's either brilliant or fucking idiotic, but I'm not going into specific details in the thread. Inquiring minds can shoot the PM.

Yes, Fawful. I do in fact have a tumblr account.

I don't know anything about Tumblr, or how it works, except that other Steven Universe fans are all over it. I barely understand Twitter, Instagram is a mystery to me, and all these other apps and shit that aren't those are like trying to figure out alien technology.

Sch1sm

Think I have some good karma on my side, because as someone with a heavily budgeted life, dollars lost forces some eh adjustments.

Got a call earlier today from my CC company. Said that there were some off charges, asked if I'd done them. $0.01 test charge to Bell Mobility, and then $834.xx to a cosmetic store that the woman didn't mention the name of. Luckily the latter declined, since between my mom having a secondary card on the account, and mine, our balance beats the difference between that and our limit by a hair.

Felt super stressed during. Like bruh, I don't even go to cosmetic stores. The likelihood of finding me in something like a Sephora or Mac is into the negatives. 😭😭😭

-----

How's everyone else's day gone?

TheFlow

Banned
In order:

Final points:

• Cap Wolf is great.

you know what I just read some of Cap:Sam wilson and didn't even notice misty boob stuff or maybe it is not in the first issue. Either way yea that is dumb. not only does having that much bareskin open make her costume pointless but it is makes powergirl look conservative.

that being said misty knight is dope as fuck, can't wait for her origin in luke cage this month.

BCT MVP FreeMufasa was there for a minute, if I recall correctly. Might wanna hit him up.
good looking out fam

I don't know anything about Tumblr, or how it works, except that other Steven Universe fans are all over it. I barely understand Twitter, Instagram is a mystery to me, and all these other apps and shit that aren't those are like trying to figure out alien technology.
Fandoms run Tumblr it's not limited to any one thing person

Malyse

Man. I really want a fucking Precure MH/PSO style game. Or a Musou. Or Dissidia. Or Kingdom Hearts. Or Senran Kagura
sans clothing damage

Slayven

Man. I really want a fucking Precure MH/PSO style game. Or a Musou. Or Dissidia. Or Kingdom Hearts. Or Senran Kagura
sans clothing damage

BRah i get shitted on for liking NMS, but you want a game about 12 year old girls that get superpowers by putting on make up.

Okkkk.....

Malyse

Short answer: Toei is cheap

Long Answer: Toei and Saban is cheap.

There was a power rangers musou game, but it was soooo bad.

In a perfect world, there would be a Super Sentai + PreCure musou games. All 40 SS and all 13 PC teams. SS would be Dynasty Warriors, PC would be Samurai Warriors and the crossover would be Warriors Orochi.

Slayven

In a perfect world, there would be a Super Sentai + PreCure musou games. All 40 SS and all 13 PC teams. SS would be Dynasty Warriors, PC would be Samurai Warriors and the crossover would be Warriors Orochi.

Toku need a Super Robot Wars, well another one

you know what I just read some of Cap:Sam wilson and didn't even notice misty boob stuff or maybe it is not in the first issue. Either way yea that is dumb. not only does having that much bareskin open make her costume pointless but it is makes powergirl look conservative.

that being said misty knight is dope as fuck, can't wait for her origin in luke cage this month.

good looking out fam

Most of the early issues, you only see her out of costume.

Why is James Rhodes a bad idea?

Killing
James Rhodes was a bad idea. I was trying not to say it.

I really like how ReCore looks. It reminds me of Megaman Legends and Jet Force Gemini.

It is exactly that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom