• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT15| - Equine, Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kreed

There been a ton of jokes, and 2 entire scenes that were done word for word.

The original Ted had a couple of scenes like that too. Seth/the creators of Ted have to know most of the people going to see Ted movies are fans of Family Guy/American Dad/etc... but they retread these jokes as if they are showing them to an audience of mostly new fans and the Family Guy fans are the minority.

He has 2

American dad is.... strange. And So was the Cleveland show.

American Dad is alright. Not that funny anymore IMO but I can watch it and not want to turn to something else unlike Family Guy (Cleveland was always meh to me. Trying way too hard to be a black cartoon show but not knowing how to actually do it). Thankfully when American Dad went through the "After 2-3 seasons we now know what specific characteristics and jokes fans like about each of our characters. Now let's make our characters 1 dimensional by focusing only on that trait until the fans get sick of it" phase every cartoon show seems to go through, their characters actually got better.

ishibear

is a goddamn bear
American Dad is my favorite of MacFarlane's cartoons (adult swim wise). I love the The One That Got Away and the Boys 12 ep among others. Shit is too funny.

Been a while since I watched tho.

Hey everyone.

Hi.

Has anyone have family members on Facebook that are ratchet as fuck? My lil cousin putting some girl she knows on blast and talking about how ugly bitches be hating and talking shit while every nigga want to eat her pussy.

I be like you know our Aunts are on here right? Shit won't look good either when you trying find a job.

Johndoey

Banned
While I do enjoy the timeline theorizing and all, I hope people do realize the Zelda timeline was clearly just slapped together to satisfy fan demand. Nintendo doesn't really care about it beyond vague references.

Village

While I do enjoy the timeline theorizing and all, I hope people do realize the Zelda timeline was clearly just slapped together to satisfy fan demand. Nintendo doesn't really care about it beyond vague references.
Skyward sword proves they might care about it way too much.

They clearly give some modicum of shit about it because ever since... Wind waker they have tried in mainline zelda to have bits and peices to connect the world. Its dishonest to say they don't care when the last major console zelda a giant " this is where the timeline starts" the game. They went back created elements of timeline directly referencing that games effects on the rest of it.

Does or should that stop their from being a female zelda protagonist? God no, link is nothing who cares if you switch him out.

But they do care

RedSwirl

In retrospect Nintendo should have left it vague.

I was into timeline theories back in the day, like circa 2001 or something, and to be honest most of the fun was in the case. Having to investigate tiny details in the lore of each game made the overarching Zelda lore feel a lot deeper and more interesting. It's kind of like what Ueda has intentionally done with Ico and Shadow of the Colossus, except Ueda came out and said he'd rather everybody just come to their own conclusions. That's what Nintendo should've done.

Dai101

Banned
Just recovered my old number!! YAY for small victories. Now good luck i found a burner in my old stuff drawer, good luck i do don't throw anything away :D

Thanks all for your kind words guys, really appreciate them.

LionPride

Banned
At a family reunion for a family that ain't mine. Why old folk only got one dance move. Why the Crips runnin this area after 11:00. Why this beach sooooooo good.

LionPride

Banned
Smallville and Static Shock have great intros. Classics. Episode 3 of Smallville has a Gorillaz song playing in the background for about 25-ish seconds.
So many songs I know from the 2000s, come from me watching Smallville. So many damn Lifehouse songs.

Also
SOMEBODY SAAAAAAAAVVVVVVVVEEEE MEEEEEEE

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
American Dad is my favorite of MacFarlane's cartoons (adult swim wise). I love the The One That Got Away and the Boys 12 ep among others. Shit is too funny.

Been a while since I watched tho.

the end of that boys 12 episode where stan was kicking the the shit out of francine and the fart machine starts up kills me

Spinluck

Bruh I'm dying over here, there muthafuckas have the thermostat at 80. 80 FAM. This is Florida, why the fuck are they doing this? (Visiting my parents for Father's Day).

Sch1sm

Bruh. 😂

Hi.

Has anyone have family members on Facebook that are ratchet as fuck? My lil cousin putting some girl she knows on blast and talking about how ugly bitches be hating and talking shit while every nigga want to eat her pussy.

I be like you know our Aunts are on here right? Shit won't look good either when you trying find a job.

I've got one of those, she's like 14. I tell her every time I see her she's gonna want to purge that later, but she keeps on keeping on.

At this point, I hope kids have the sense to block most family from seeing statuses of that nature. I don't even post sketch and I have a list labelled Family to exclude from things on a just in case basis to this day.

Johndoey

Banned
yg7q0uNl.jpg

FyreWulff

Bruh I'm dying over here, there muthafuckas have the thermostat at 80. 80 FAM. This is Florida, why the fuck are they doing this? (Visiting my parents for Father's Day).

Are you sure they didn't forget to move the switch from 'heat' to 'cool' or are they trying to attain heat vision quests or some shit?

Sou Da

Steve and Roger are the best

Roger suffers from being writer's pet that can get away with anything (that entire fucking Jeff in space saga), just isn't funny to me because of that. He's like Louise from Bob's Burgers but worse.

I dropped AD around that awful "businessman buys American Dad" episode, Bob's Burgers is the only good animated show Fox has.

I would wish y'all a happy Fathers Day

But I don't think it's quite necessary in this....

...particular thread
5I5s8.png

Lol, Happy Father's Day to you elder crabs with kids.

Bruh. 😂

I've got one of those, she's like 14. I tell her every time I see her she's gonna want to purge that later, but she keeps on keeping on.

At this point, I hope kids have the sense to block most family from seeing statuses of that nature. I don't even post sketch and I have a list labelled Family to exclude from things on a just in case basis to this day.

14! smh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom