• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT16| - I'm blacker than you'll ever be

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malyse

C0NarDwVIAAk0Tm.jpg

Speaking of which I have zero motivation today

When I use to workout by myself and had to get motivation I would look at YouTube videos of people that lift for inspiration. You got this either way. It's your fitness journey Forearm just strive to be better than the day before and that doesn't just mean having to hit the gym :)

A statement from the gym said Thomson was lifting with a spotter.

Either this isn't true or the spotter was incompetent. A spotter is there for a reason and should always have their hands out under your presses. He had to be in a full/half press for the impact of what they're saying, meaning the spotter should've had hands under the bar.

happy new year bct.

Fight the good fight 2k17

Happy New Years from the past.

shagia

my home broke apart and now im living in LA incredibly broke n' jobless but im honestly having the most fun i've ever had in a while, what a way to end 2016 i guess

how's your guys' ending?

my home broke apart and now im living in LA incredibly broke n' jobless but im honestly having the most fun i've ever had in a while, what a way to end 2016 i guess

how's your guys' ending?

Your home broke apart? Sorry to hear, but at least you're enjoying yourself, I mean thats what counts right? I'm on the west coast as well so my NYE hasn't started yet. Will start preparing for a party a little later in the day with family.

whats all this

When I use to workout by myself and had to get motivation I would look at YouTube videos of people that lift for inspiration. You got this either way. It's your fitness journey Forearm just strive to be better than the day before and that doesn't just mean having to hit the gym :)

Appreciate that, I need to collect myself at some point.

shagia

Your home broke apart? Sorry to hear, but at least you're enjoying yourself, I mean thats what counts right? I'm on the west coast as well so my NYE hasn't started yet. Will start preparing for a party a little later in the day with family.

thank you, it's definitely better than just not enjoying myself and being homeless, i'm grateful so many friends and strangers have been helping me out with this too, it's very eye opening to realize how many people are willing to look out for you and i just can't get over how quick many of them were about it, it's really been a nice holiday season in general even with what happened at home

Kreed

Who are some black comedians doing stand up these days that don't sound like an old man yelling at a cloud about subjects like hip hop changing too much, the internet, and relationships not being like the old days when women knew how to cook and clean?

what are y'all drankin, smokin tonight?

Im on grill duty with a tall glass of vodka+cranberry

Grillin as well over here, probably not gonna light up cause there will be kids around but I'm sure they'll be out before midnight. As for drinking, a smooth aged whisky and probably shots of whatever the women will conjure up when they start the games.

zeemumu

Who are some black comedians doing stand up these days that don't sound like an old man yelling at a cloud about subjects like hip hop changing too much, the internet, and relationships not being like the old days when women knew how to cook and clean?

Isn't that every comedian right now?

Does male or female matter? I could be wrong but the ones I can think of are
Nicole Byer
Ron Funches
Reggie Watts
Kid Fury

LionPride

Banned
Michael Che has a funny standup special on Netflix

Kreed

Isn't that every comedian right now?

For the comedians I've been seeing at comedy clubs/improvs lately, it definitely feels that way.

Does male or female matter? I could be wrong but the ones I can think of are
Nicole Byer
Ron Funches
Reggie Watts
Kid Fury

Thank you, and black women are fine too. Just as long as their routine isn't an hour+ of complaining about how things were better in the old days.

Slayven

Bill Bellamy

I don't blame them, don't need other people's drama in your life

Gucci Mane Addresses Allegations That He’s A Clone

Didn't know that was a thing

Crocodile

I finally saw Rogue One. I liked it - by the numbers in a lot of respects but the ending was great and I think the movie does retroactively improve ANH. I liked it more than TFA. Is that a common opinion?

People still arguing about this fucking election. Makes me want the ocean to come rise sooner and swallow us all

The posts that always get me are the ones that blame us for Trump and not the people that actually voted for him LOL

Nudull

Banned
Can't help but look back at how hard people have shown their asses all year, gaming and geek folk especially. Doesn't feel like I can trust anyone anymore.

Do Better

how's your guys' ending?

So far it's ending better than 2015 did. Maybe that's a good sign. Good fortune to you.

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
Slayven, I've heard of the period blood in food/spaghetti sauce thing too. MF DOOM even had lyrics about it:

When she's on the rag never let her fry the Ragu/
Which'll have you under some type of spell crying "dag boo"/
Her name on your back in a tattoo
http://genius.com/184878

Yeah, you're not alone hearing that foolishness

Can't help but look back at how hard people have shown their asses all year, gaming and geek folk especially. Doesn't feel like I can trust anyone anymore.

It's the internet, you shouldn't trust anybody. (Trust me! :p)

Well, maybe Shy, who will still kill you but be very apologetic about it.

My coworker the type of guy to put semen and shit in his homemade goods

I ate ONE small piece of candy he brought and threw up IMMEDIATELY

l2sJi.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom