• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT17| - Thanks, Obama

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beefy

The news I got earlier about my cousin did sort of upset me and my current unemployment situation is bugging me too more today. I think it bugged me more today because I was sitting in a restaurant earlier like I usually do to try and do some work and after a while they told me to leave because I didn't order anything. I go in there and spend money more often than most folks and the one day I didn't want to order anything (because I'm broke) they kick me out. Just got me thinking if I was working I wouldn't have been in there today and I would've ordered something if I was. That and walking in the dark past people I can't see got me thinking.

We all have our bad days when we think everything is out to get us, log as you have a home and a supportive family(or friends or both) you are good I am sure you will get a job soon. Have you been looking for long? Sorry to hear about your cousin, hope you will be able to see him soon.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
So a handful of people were fired today, including my Program Manager, and I thought the end was near when HR pulled me into an office and closed the door behind them. I'm interim Program Manager now...

Congrats on the sorta-promotion, though it will suck if you're expected to still do your current job duties simultaneously (and at your current pay rate).

Lemme know if you need any advice or book recommendations. I've been doing project management-related work for over 10 years now.

We all have our bad days when we think everything is out to get us. I am sure you will get a job soon. Have you been looking for long? Sorry to hear about your cousin, hope you will be able to see him soon.

Yeah, I think it's been almost 2 months now and I've been spending most of my time looking for work. I thought I might had a way in when I saw someone I went to school with as an anchor for a tv station, but when I tried to ask her if I could use her as a reference she said something like "sure, but your resume should speak for itself" and I never heard about that job since. Sometimes I feel like I ain't ever getting a car or out of my mom's house. All these years and I still ain't shit.

So a handful of people were fired today, including my Program Manager, and I thought the end was near when HR pulled me into an office and closed the door behind them. I'm interim Program Manager now...
Congrats on the promotion. Though I would suggest putting out feelers for another opportunity to see what's other there, DISCRETELY, just in case there needs to be more lay offs.

Congrats on the sorta-promotion, though it will suck if you're expected to still do your current job duties simultaneously (and at your current pay rate).

Lemme know if you need any advice or book recommendations. I've been doing project management-related work for over 10 years now.

I would like to hear your advice and book recommendations. Please share

Beefy

Yeah, I think it's been almost 2 months now and I've been spending most of my time looking for work. I thought I might had a way in when I saw someone I went to school with as an anchor for a tv station, but when I tried to ask her if I could use her as a reference she said something like "sure, but your resume should speak for itself" and I never heard about that job since. Sometimes I feel like I ain't ever getting a car or out of my mom's house. All these years and I still ain't shit.

Your mum still supporting you? As I edited in, long as you have supportive familt and friends life is good., having a roof and people that care for you is the biggest thing in life. I know looking for work is hard, I have been out of work for years myself, due to illness and lack of jobs going. Have you applied for many?

Your mum still supporting you? As I edited in, long as you have supportive familt and friends life is good., having a roof and people that care for you is the biggest thing in life. I know looking for work is hard, I have been out of work for years myself, due to illness and lack of jobs going. Have you applied for many?

The family is on a time limit though. Last time I was unemployed I was almost kicked out. It would be nice if I had friends to talk to or a girl to kick it with. I think one might've been interested in me because she started asking personal questions, but through my answers I probably gave away I was unemployed, so that shit probably ain't happening. Yeah, I applied for a ton. Even had 5 interviews I think two weeks ago, I had to turn down a couple because of transportation reasons. One I was really hot about because it paid $43,000, but I had no way to make it to the second interview.
I'm sorry to kill the vibe in this shit. It just really got to me today.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Come on, guys. Borderline germaphobe here -__-

This right here gave me a terrible flashback. A close friend of mine I grew up with was a slob and his apartment wasn't too far off from this. It got even worse once he became addicted to Everquest. It got to the point I avoided going over there unless absolutely necessary. But what really sealed it for me was when he bought his live in girlfriend Iyes, you read that right) a puppy for Christmas. Three months later i went over there to get some of my DVDs back and there little piles of shit all over the house like land mines. A good number of them were smushed and FYI they weren't shoe prints. I never set foot in that house again.
What's his GAF account

Dai101

Banned
The family is on a time limit though. Last time I was unemployed I was almost kicked out. It would be nice if I had friends to talk to or a girl to kick it with. I think one might've been interested in me because she started asking personal questions, but through my answers I probably gave away I was unemployed, so that shit probably ain't happening. Yeah, I applied for a ton. Even had 5 interviews I think two weeks ago, I had to turn down a couple because of transportation reasons. One I was really hot about because it paid $43,000, but I had no way to make it to the second interview.

Don't be. We all need to vent once in a while and what best place that with people that you can trust.

Te deseo lo mejor y mantente fuerte.

You would think a dead game getting resuscitated would give them some sort of hope.

MAHVEL ain't dead!! It just smells funny.

Also, lol. VF fans? STILL?

KYxtFHr.jpg

Mizerman

Meh. Sometimes, you just need to get it out every once in a while.

Johndoey

Banned
Nah. Vent some, it can help.

Imm0rt4l

(Comment on Very Smart Brothas) I would trade Ben Carson to the Whites for Rachel Dolezal.

(Reply to that comment) You mean Ncheke Amare Badu Arie Shaquille Sunflower?

Ded

Drewsan

Neo Member
um...why? I you want to give money away, I will happily send you my Paypal info; those things are junk, and expensive as hell if one gets damaged or lost.

Beefy

All need to vent some day. Better to get it of your chest then keep it in. Hope it all works out soon.

--------------------------------------------

Afternoon BCT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom