• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT17| - Thanks, Obama

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm biracial. Grew up in Hawaii though where that's a widespread thing, so it's a bit different.

futuramafry.jpg

Would but you keeping dodging us in SFV

Me?! Y'all don't invite me to shit!!! I done got the game and everything just so I can play with y'alls ain't shit asses!! SCH1SM!!

Slayven

I'm biracial. Grew up in Hawaii though where that's a widespread thing, so it's a bit different.

I feel like I'm both and neither of my ethnic sides. It has illustrated the ridiculousness of race as a social construct for me though.

For some reason I thought you were a down white dude, Gary Owen but not corny

LionPride

Banned
Every biracial person I know identify mainly with one part of their race. Most of my friends no matter if they are Black/White, Black/Brown, White/Indian, Black/Asian, Indian/Hispanic, identify with one of those halves the most. Just what I've experienced in my life

Beefy

Every biracial person I know identify mainly with one part of their race. Most of my friends no matter if they are Black/White, Black/Brown, White/Indian, Black/Asian, Indian/Hispanic, identify with one of those halves the most. Just what I've experienced in my life

Yep, I'm biracial, but call myself black.

Experience like working? No, but I've been in a sweepstakes parlor, most I knew where shut down though. Worst case scenario with unreported income is, if its a lot of money you could go to jail and face high fines, but that happens to people who purchase assets like a car.

Best case, which is still worst case is you'll be audited and expect to pay all taxes owed with possible interest, that is, if you were to be caught and/or someone reported your employer to the Feds.

Not my place to tell anyone here what to do, but I would avoid it.

I need money bad though. I probably would buy a car though since I'm tired of walking all the time. My ankle's been hurting me lately, probably from all this walking.

LionPride

Banned
I'm a mixed race person.

But because of my situation, i don't know what i consider myself to be. Unfortunately.

Evening fam.

Break a leg.

Yeah, i think SMJ is wrong.

He has a great misconception about racism (or lack there of) in this country.
It's weird that SLJ has the idea that racism isn't that problematic over there

Beefy

the UK? that UK that took over most of the known world at one point? naw you guys didn't have shit like us!

also i still think SLJ is right on the actors part

Still remember reading about the East India Trading Company, just stealing tribes people and shit to be slaves.

SLJ is aiming it at the wrong people though. Hollywood is the problem.

andthebeatgoeson

Why are black mums so mad? My white friends don't have to put up with this shit.
Probably because they know you'll catch a bullet for anything.

I feel like i have a different understanding of systemic racism and image than my parents. But i still get testy with my kids because i need them to be obedient. They will get suspended or detained or shot because of a 'mistake' that their white counterparts will not experience.

Just think of Medgar Evers. 50 years ago, you could get killed because you had a lisp and you entered the wrong store. It's engrained in our culture to be obedient or die. So yeah, your mom's will flip out because you did something that would have gotten you shot 50 years ago.

'Watch where your walking.' Some places in America, you would get punched for walking on the same sidewalk as white people.

'Watch what you say.' 'Don't take the Lord's name in vain.' 'Respect your elders.'

These used to be vital instructions to keep you alive. A community wide effort to keep you safe. Don't trip at them. Resist the oppressive racist system that caused these things.

Medgar Evers was a little boy.

Beefy

Probably because they know you'll catch a bullet for anything.

I feel like i have a different understanding of systemic racism and image than my parents. But i still get testy with my kids because i need them to be obedient. They will get suspended or detained or shot because of a 'mistake' that their white counterparts will not experience.

Just think of Medgar Evers. 50 years ago, you could get killed because you had a lisp and you entered the wrong store. It's engrained in our culture to be obedient or die. So yeah, your mom's will flip out because you did something that would have gotten you shot 50 years ago.

'Watch where your walking.' Some places in America, you would get punched for walking on the same sidewalk as white people.

'Watch what you say.' 'Don't take the Lord's name in vain.' 'Respect your elders.'

These used to be vital instructions to keep you alive. A community wide effort to keep you safe. Don't trip at them. Resist the oppressive racist system that caused these things.

Medgar Evers was a little boy.

I walked into the kitchen and my mum was wiping my dad round the head with the tea cloth haha.

You know the stark contrast in advice between that my friend is a racist, misogynistic, homophobic, transphobic bigot and my girlfriend hates my dog thread is so telling and so very depressing.

Numb

She hasn't even done that since I got the game last weekend!! I swear you Swedes and your fresh air just want start shit for no reason

He hosted Comic View like 20 years ago.
SFV at 3:30 EST.

For all of you who have the game, show up. Zekes, Lightning_Roller, hypernima, akira, whoever outside the usual parties that show face. No saying we never invite/forget y'all.

---

Good morning, BCT.
I see you are ignoring her
I'm snitching

You know the stark contrast in advice between that my friend is a racist, misogynistic, homophobic, transphobic bigot and my girlfriend hates my dog thread is so telling and so very depressing.

You mean the fact that some people will enter a thread to tell how superior they are because they have a friend who is a raging, racist, bigot and they have no problem with it because they say "He's a nice guy?

You mean the fact that some people will enter a thread to tell how superior they are because they have a friend who is a raging, racist, bigot and they have no problem with it because they say "He's a nice guy?

And also the juxtaposition of advice

My GF doesn't like my dog: "Dump her"

My friend is a raging bigot: "Don't let something like that ruin a friendship"

We also played the next day. Still weekend
Don't worry we'll get you next time like we did Lighting Roller ;)

Which you didn't invite me to. I was online and in discord that day too.

Y'all just prove me right. I'm not welcome to your SFV clique, but that's okay. Y'all gon give me back the money I spent on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom