• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT17| - Thanks, Obama

Status
Not open for further replies.

andthebeatgoeson

Vice produced an excellent and gut wrenching documentary on the Cleveland Strangler a while back. The serial killer had a rape and attempted murder he served time for, and was supposed to be monitored by police. Over several years he kills multiple women and stashes the bodies under his house, but no one cares because the victims are poor back sex workers. Despite being sloppy and leaving evidence everywhere, as well as victims that got away, The police don't actually stop him until he has already killed many women. It's depressing on many levels.

If you're talking about the Sowell murders, there's a fascinating part of the story. The murderer lived up the street from a sausage making factory. So any odors from his place were mistaken for expected smells from sausage making.

Also, he supposedly had a neighborhood cookout one time and people now wonder if he pulled a Hannibal Lecter.

If you're talking about the Sowell murders, there's a fascinating part of the story. The murderer lived up the street from a sausage making factory. So any odors from his place were mistaken for expected smells from sausage making.

Also, he supposedly had a neighborhood cookout one time and people now wonder if he pulled a Hannibal Lecter.

*Gears turning in head.*

Oh god I hope not. I sincerely hope not because.....euuuugh.

Johndoey

Banned
The NHL Is Headed to China

League officials are putting the finishing touches on a pair of exhibition games between the Vancouver Canucks and Los Angeles Kings for this September, just as local Chinese officials and businessmen discuss investing in an NHL franchise in hopes of leveraging a team's branding back in China, the Globe and Mail reports.

“Our understanding is, they’re looking at building hundreds of rinks and arenas and looking for ways to introduce the game to people throughout the country—and that’s something we’ve been interested in exploring at all levels in the game,” NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman, who's traveling to Beijing next week for a press conference likely to unveil the exhibition schedule, told the Toronto newspaper.

Morning Morning BCT.

Couple things. Im catching flak at work ( A new branch I transferred to 3 weeks ago) for never going to any of their Branch outings...which our manager makes a habit of telling everyone about these 4 hours prior to them happening.

Also why are people in the Kendrick thread calling the dude corny? Am I out of touch, when did this narrative gain legitimacy?

Numb

The second chapter, “Escaping to Africa (in My Head)” (yes, really), describes Dolezal’s frustration at growing up in rural Montana. She “didn’t even know Good Times, Sanford and Son, or The Jeffersons existed until” she went to college.

She needs help.
Wonder if people should pick it up as some sort of comedy

Sch1sm

*Gears turning in head.*

Oh god I hope not. I sincerely hope not because.....euuuugh.

You can hope all you want, but it's happened. A Canadian serial killer did something like this. He was a pig farmer, and supplied meat to the Vancouver area. It's how he got rid of remains, outside of bones which were just buried and left around his property.

Also why are people in the Kendrick thread calling the dude corny? Am I out of touch, when did this narrative gain legitimacy?

They have a tendency to hate things they perceive as hyped or over hyped so they can retain this hipster image, Kendrick isn't corny, they're lost.

---

Morning BCT.

You can hope all you want, but it's happened. A Canadian serial killer did something like this. He was a pig farmer, and supplied meat to the Vancouver area. It's how he got rid of remains, outside of bones which were just buried and left around his property.

They have a tendency to hate things they perceive as hyped or over hyped so they can retain this hipster image, Kendrick isn't corny, they're lost.

---

Morning BCT.

latest

Oh god why?! What the fuck!?

😭 I read that Dolezal article he linked. Don't do this to me. Girl called herself a woke soul sister and I'm still shook.

Did you see the part about comparing childhood household chores to slavery, fantasizing about being an African princess who controls the weather, or her first marriage to a black man ending because he was too white for her

Kreed

Morning Morning BCT.

Couple things. Im catching flak at work ( A new branch I transferred to 3 weeks ago) for never going to any of their Branch outings...which our manager makes a habit of telling everyone about these 4 hours prior to them happening.

Everyone has an opinion obviously, but there are a couple of poster types you have to watch out for in OT Hip Hop threads:

1) GAFers who barely know anything about hip hop outside of Eminem.
2) GAF-Hop posters clowning posters from #1 with Eminem/Macklemoore jokes.
3) Posters that miss "good hip hop" (sometimes also fit in #1)
4) Posters that clown anything that doesn't sound "current"
5) Posters that clown rappers that go outside what they consider "real subjects" in their lyrics.
6) Posters that make Drake and J.Cole jokes (sometimes also fit in #3, and #5).
7) Posters that love underground Hip Hop/linking to barely known hip hop songs because not many people have heard about it and clown "mainstream" hip hop (sometimes also fit in #3).

You're encountering poster #5.

I'm 3 and 7!

---

Damn it..only 4 votes?! Reposting..

Alright, BCTers. My Month of Meats Madness is coming to a close, and it's time to go back to the same old pork chops and chicken. I've got two days left of goodness, and I'm letting y'all pick what me and the ladies will be eating first! So, what's on for tomorrow?

Brazilian ribs?

OR

Brazilian steaks?

Choose our destiny!

Sch1sm

latest

Oh god why?! What the fuck!?

Robert Pickton. Killed like 48-50 known prostitutes in the area, but claims twice the amount. Now you know.

Did you see the part about comparing childhood household chores to slavery, fantasizing about being an African princess who controls the weather, or her first marriage to a black man ending because he was too white for her

Yuuuuuup, and that she's more black than a black person? Mint stuff.

zeemumu

Ed Gein did something similar by using the body parts of his victims to make furniture. Pelvic bone chandeliers and breast cup holders. Some fucked up shit.

Kreed

Alright, BCTers. My Month of Meats Madness is coming to a close, and it's time to go back to the same old pork chops and chicken. I've got two days left of goodness, and I'm letting y'all pick what me and the ladies will be eating first! So, what's on for tomorrow?

Brazilian ribs?

OR

Brazilian steaks?

Choose our destiny!

Brazilian ribs.

I'm 3 and 7!

---

Brazilian ribs?

OR

Brazilian steaks?

Choose our destiny!

Damn, why you gotta make it difficult... Brazilian Ribs, ribs is the way to go.

Sch1sm

I'm 3 and 7!

---

Brazilian ribs?

OR

Brazilian steaks?

Choose our destiny!

Ribs, but I'm just feeling ribs, so.

Robert Pickton. Killed like 48-50 known prostitutes in the area, but claims twice the amount. Now you know.

Yuuuuuup, and that she's more black than a black person? Mint stuff.

What the fuck.......

Ed Gein did something similar by using the body parts of his victims to make furniture. Pelvic bone chandeliers and breast cup holders. Some fucked up shit.

What the fuuuuuuccccckkk......

Sch1sm

I learned about this guy in school in this social science course. We had an entire unit on cults and serial killers. I had to write a paper on this dude. Lightning will be fine.

I cant cook but I grill and man do I grill well. If y'all want some great taste to your steak mix your steak sauce with spicy jerk or marinate the steak itself in the Jerk seasoning.

Sch1sm

Damn. I bet that was some eye opening shit for you.

In a way. Cult stuff was straight up interesting, and it made me do a lot of looking into group think. I still hear about a lot of the stuff I learned, though, thanks to
The Last Podcast on the Left.

It's entirely about horror, imagined and real, from slashers to serial killers. Hosts are comedians, at least, so it's almost palatable.

Then there's all the true crime stuff I listen to on my commute. I've subjected myself to it, at this point. Speaking of, Undisclosed Podcast is doing in depth stuff on the Freddie Gray case, if anyone's interested!

Beefy

One of the most messed up murder in the UK recently was this guy and girl killed the girl's younger sister (15 I think) after she rejected a BDSM 3some with them. The guy ended up stabbing her then trying to disolve her body in bleach. That didn't work so he cut her up with a axe/chainsaw, then put the body parts in different locations. The girl helped him cover up her own sisters murder...

In a way. Cult stuff was straight up interesting, and it made me do a lot of looking into group think. I still hear about a lot of the stuff I learned, though, thanks to
The Last Podcast on the Left.

It's entirely about horror, imagined and real, from slashers to serial killers. Hosts are comedians, at least, so it's almost palatable.

Then there's all the true crime stuff I listen to on my commute. I've subjected myself to it, at this point. Speaking of, Undisclosed Podcast is doing in depth stuff on the Freddie Gray case, if anyone's interested!
Gasp! You don't listen or list "My favorite murder" podcast?

zeemumu

That game is 32 flavors of nope: The game.

So with that said....wanna play some after I get back from doing errands? I haven't even gotten halfway through and it's better to have someone tag along to assist in the hunt. I'll be back around 2-ish or 3pm.

I can't today. Gonna be in LA pretty much all day and it's a Friday so traffic's gonna kill me. I'll probably be checking in on this thread from my phone though so if you need tips I can help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom