• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"The console War is over"

PresetError

Neophyte
Maybe I'm the only one that missed that tweet from Major Nelson retweeted by Phil Spencer but I've seen it today and my mouth dropped to the floor.

VVuedhZ.jpg

Kuranghi

Cool. I'd like to see gameplay thats as good as the 2nd level of Halo: CE now please.

I rewatched it today and it wasn't even nostalgia in my mind thinking it was better than the Halo Infinite reveal, the landscape was way more dynamic, the AI was better/existent, just taking the final zone with the three dropship areas: it was basically the same size as the Halo Infinite section and way more exciting to watch.

I think I'll just replay the trilogy in November if Halo Infinite is going to be shite. So disappointed still.

PresetError

Neophyte
But Phil said there is no console war?

Now he's retweeting this?

I can't keep up.

He also said Sony wasn't his competition anymore but Google and Amazon. And then jabbed at Playstation saying he wanted the games making the noise and not the console. And then he said he felt pretty good after watching PS5's event. It's very hard to keep up with the goal post moving.

Well I mean the article states that the "console war is over" because each company is going for different things. Microsoft going for more of an ecosystem that supports multiple platforms (cough - sega), Sony going for the mainstream hardcore gamer that wants new exclusives and Nintendo just doing whatever they do.

Microsoft bowed out of the console race when they announced they will no longer make exclusives...

FunkMiller

The fucking cheek of people like Nelson- who were quite happy to stoke the console war flames when their products were doing well - coming out and quoting shit like this, now that they’ve realised their poor business decisions have resulted in the ‘war’ being lost, is quite staggering.

Xbox fans deserve better.

Last edited:

Kagey K

Banned
The fucking cheek of people like Nelson- who were quite happy to stoke the console war flames when their products were doing well - coming out and saying shit like this, now that they’ve realised their poor business decisions have resulted in the ‘war’ being lost, is quite staggering.

Xbox fans deserve better.
What did he say? He quoted the title of the opinion piece and even put quotations around it.

PresetError

Neophyte
Don't piss into their kool-aid, let them have it. Its just another console warrior bait thread. This is now the standard operating procedure on here.

So you don't find it surprising/relevant the way Xbox messaging is all over the place for the past 6 months or the fact only one of the 3 console manufacturers is declaring the end of the war 4 months before a next gen launch? Ok.

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
Well I mean the article states that the "console war is over" because each company is going for different things. Microsoft going for more of an ecosystem that supports multiple platforms (cough - sega), Sony going for the mainstream hardcore gamer that wants new exclusives and Nintendo just doing whatever they do.

Microsoft bowed out of the console race when they announced they will no longer make exclusives...
I think it changes like the wind

One day MS is throwing shots at Sony saying "consistent power" "I feel good after seeing Sony's reveal" "we want you to hear your game" or whatever the quote was that poked fun at the PS4 console's sound

But when they're getting bad press then it's "our competitors are Google"

Last edited:

Kagey K

Banned
So you don't find it surprising/relevant the way Xbox messaging is all over the place for the past 6 months or the fact only one of the 3 console manufacturers is declaring the end of the war 4 months before a next gen launch? Ok.
Which manufacturer is declaring that?

He didn't even imply whether he agreed or disagreed with the article he retweeted.

tryDEATH

Its a quote from a article, not Xbox themselves.

Top Bottom