• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"The console War is over"

kretos

Banned
TvR1WpH.jpg

nemiroff

Gold Member
When your nerd rage makes you so blind you don't even notice that the information provided clearly isn't saying what you claim it does.

Kagey K

Banned
Come on! They are clearly endorsing the content of the article.
That's an assumption on your part, not everything that is retweeted is an endorsement of the content.

Even if you are correct and Major Nelson does endorse or agree with it (which I don't see any evidence of), its a little different than this.
or the fact only one of the 3 console manufacturers is declaring the end of the war 4 months before a next gen launch? Ok.

Last edited:

iJudged

Banned
xbox division still raking in billions in revenue, sounds like a damn win to me regardless of what the competition is doing. I don't think we're ever going to see xbox out of the game as long as bills are rolling in.

Last edited:

Bolivar687

Banned
I'm not surprised to see the western press writing apologetics for Microsoft, nor to see the intended audience noddingly approve those pieces.

The console war is about who is delivering the best content and user experience for gamers. That manufacturer has always been the sales leader (with the exception of the Wii outlier). This isn't going to change.

The console war only ends when all the consoles are cheap enough for most gamers to own all of them.

MS and Sony are not moving in the right direction for that.
Console war ends when there are no closed garden left.

When gaming is like reading a book or watching a movie.

And no, streaming is not the answer xD

GRIEVEZ

The console war only ends when all the consoles are cheap enough for most gamers to own all of them.

MS and Sony are not moving in the right direction for that.
Not to be a dick or anything, but how exactly can you say this when neither has divulged their price...?

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
What’s the english word for when you feel ashamed for someone else?

Pity? Second-hand embarrassment?

Not to be a dick or anything, but how exactly can you say this when neither has divulged their price...?

Because the discless PS5 isn't going to be ~$250...?

Last edited:

Wimbledon

Console war begins when we get our hands on the games and play them to evaluate how good they play, and the impact they have on their genres.

Here's a crazy idea.. read what he wrote in the opinion piece attached to the tweet. Its funny because the exact stuff he starts out the artcle talking about is exactly what happened here.

sonyfifa

Maybe I'm the only one that missed that tweet from Major Nelson retweeted by Phil Spencer but I've seen it today and my mouth dropped to the floor.

VVuedhZ.jpg
different battles are fought within a war. the war can only be over when all battles are fought.

feel/design/controller, graphics, game content(quality), sales etc.

iconmaster

Banned

You can restrict the data to launch prices of released consoles if you like.

Code:
Xbox 360        $299.99
Xbox One        $399.99 (without Kinect)
Xbox One X      $499.99

Since the PS4 launched at less than the PS3, it's still possible Sony will continue that trend with the PS5. But I'm not going to count on it.

Last edited:

Paulxo87

It's like this. They couldn't win a battle in the war. Not even could they overcome Sony when they had the biggest disaster on their hands for the first three years of it's life(ps3)

Can't win the game? Change the rules. This is their plan. Trust me, they still very much so consider Sony their competition in all of this. It's so transparent of them.

And what did they do? They had a 12TFLOPS excellently designed console on their hands which will be basically a paperweight for the first three years of it's existence. I just don't understand the dumb shit this company does time and time again.

Last edited:
We'll see about that. Something tells me Major Nelson and Greenturd won't be able to keep their mouths shut if they do really well in the holidays.
This. I want Xbox to do well, but jesus their fucking messaging is all over the place. "Generations don't matter" "Best place to play games" and so on and so forth. They contradict themselves every other day. I'm sure they will take a different stance anytime that anything goes well. Remember how they don't post numbers because they don't matter? They will start if they are winning at the beginning.

Current Xbox isn't what I want from the company. OG Xbox and to a lesser extent 360 had soul.

Last edited:

lock2k

Banned
Cool. I'd like to see gameplay thats as good as the 2nd level of Halo: CE now please.

I rewatched it today and it wasn't even nostalgia in my mind thinking it was better than the Halo Infinite reveal, the landscape was way more dynamic, the AI was better/existent, just taking the final zone with the three dropship areas: it was basically the same size as the Halo Infinite section and way more exciting to watch.

I think I'll just replay the trilogy in November if Halo Infinite is going to be shite. So disappointed still.
I would only believe in Infinite if somehow they brought Bungie back. I like to pretend it ended on Reach

Last edited:

Gamernyc78

Banned
Maybe I'm the only one that missed that tweet from Major Nelson retweeted by Phil Spencer but I've seen it today and my mouth dropped to the floor.

VVuedhZ.jpg

Of course Microsoft lost a decade ago thts why they were advised to change their messaging and focus on maus, and we don't care about console sales, etc.... Isn't a war if you not really in it.

Tiamat2san

Console wars are for boys.
Grown up are happy with their console(s) and play games where they are.
I love IPs in the 3 brands so I play in the 3 brands.
Maybe I am lucky to be able to have every console maybe it’s a state of mind.

Same thing goes for almost any entertainment devices and art.

You shouldn’t need others approval or opinion to know what you love.

sircaw

Banned
This is one way i guess to take some pressure of your company.

It has been rather Brutal this past week.

Maybe its a good thing, cut back on the silly pr, and just concentrate on the games.

We don't need any more own goals from microsoft at this point.

Last edited:

Amiga

It's been over for years but there will always be die hards that go on. Kind of like the Lost Cause syndrome.

Top Bottom