• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The CW Renews 7 Series For New Seasons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bleeding Cool link.

The CW has announced at the Television Critics Association press tour today that they have renewed seven series. The Flash will be back for season 4, Arrow for season 6, Supergirl and Legends of Tomorrow both for season 3. Also included is Supernatural coming back for season 13, Crazy Ex-Girlfriend for season 3 and Jane the Virgin for season 4.

Left off the list of renewals are The Vampire Diaries, which is coming to an end this season… and newcomers No Tomorrow and Frequency. Both series are struggling in the ratings.

Too soon to mention is the new Riverdale series or the mid-season returning iZombie, The Originals and The 100.

During the announcement, CW President Mark Pedowitz said:

Over the past several seasons, The CW has built a schedule of proven performers, from our lineup of DC superheroes, to critically acclaimed comedies, to sci-fi dramas. Early pickups of these seven series now allow our producers to plan ahead for next season, and gives us a solid base to build on for next season, with original scripted series to roll out all year long.

Oh, and a Constantine CW Seed animated series starring Matt Ryan was announced. We already have a thread on that.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
!!!

raw

Lach

Really Happy for Crazy Ex, as it wasn't doing to well ratings wise.

Just binged through Season 2 of JtV last week (just went up on local Netflix), my biggest guilty pleasure show.

tumblr_inline_ojh1z5Onrf1s3b42r_540.gif

Nothing but happiness for Crazy Ex Girlfriend's Season 3 renewal. I was getting pretty worried, but there was that data gathered by High Speed Internet that suggested that it's a popular show in a few states (including California and New York), and there's also the international viewers via Netflix.

I still haven't watched Jane the Virgin, but I may need to give that a slow bingewatch soon.

Corpsepyre

Banned
I think I'm still to hear that CW cancelled something. Back when Supernatural entered its 4th season, I was dead sure it could be the last because the ratings were going nowhere. It's pretty fucking stunning to see it's on the 12th, even though I stopped watching after 5.

Not surprised at all, especially at Supernatural. Its pretty cheap and the president of the CW himself basically said as long as Jared and Jensen want to keep doing it, it will keep getting renewed. I think Originals will get one more season after this. Can't see both vampire shows ending this year. Hopefully Izombie does well when it returns. Season 2 was the best thing on CW last season, at least of the shows I watch.

Eh .. I like supernatural, I am glad it was renewed. Probably great for the staff on the show to have a job that has been running this long. Not sure why people like to hate on it. It is still fun to watch every season.

iZombie needs to be renewed next. One of my favorites on the channel.

Neoxon

Good, 4 of the DC shows got renewed. Hopefully iZombie joins them (my little bro is a huge fan of that show), though I suppose Season 3 has yet to air, so they can't decide right now.

Krakn3Dfx

No way iZombie isn't getting renewed. They just have to wait until the new season starts.

It almost didn't get renewed last season, which is why it's been pretty much pushed into a summer slot at this point.

Love the show though, wish more people were watching.

mm04

Glad for the series that got renewed. Hopefully, iZombie makes it as well. Disappointed about Frequency, though because it's a good show. We can only hope it has an ending that's not too much of a cliffhanger, but that never happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom