• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The CW Renews 7 Series For New Seasons

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheOddOne

- THR: CW President Defends 'Crazy' Renewal, Talks Limited Fall Freshman Runs and 'Charmed' Reboot.
About Those Rookies …

Freshman fall offerings No Tomorrow and Frequency recently became the first series since Emily Owens, M.D., to not score full-season orders. Pedowitz noted that neither series were designed to go beyond their initial 13-episode orders, largely because of the network's deep bench that includes rookie Riverdale and veterans The Originals, iZombie, Reign and The 100. "We knew as an attempt to get in all the programming to have year-round originals, it was important to do that," he said of the rookies. "Unless something extraordinary happened, the plan was never to go beyond 13," he said while praising the creative. Neither show performed particularly well given fierce competition from coverage of the presidential election, historic World Series and even NBC's This Is Us, which went head to head with dramedy No Tomorrow. "The linear numbers are not where we want them to be," Pedowitz said. Both shows remain in contention for May renewals with insiders paying close attention to No Tomorrow and Frequency's performance on Netflix and its other digital platforms.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
If iZombie doesn't get renewed...don't play around CW.

I need to watch iZombie season 2. I randomly watched season 1 on Netflix and holy shit it is good. Every character I expected to be a shitty TV stereotype, and every single character surprised me. Fully fleshed and unique. The cast really is amazing.

Does syndication even matter anymore?

Certainly doesn't matter as much as it did even 5 years ago but I do think they make some money on that.

Syndication is one of the main reasons shows used to always shoot for enough seasons to hit 100 episodes, Supernatural actually might've been long-running enough that it was a viable discussion around season 5 but it was so popular back then I doubt it was much of a discussion anyways

MartyStu

Really Happy for Crazy Ex, as it wasn't doing to well ratings wise.

Just binged through Season 2 of JtV last week (just went up on local Netflix), my biggest guilty pleasure show.

Jane the Virgin is legitimately well written and acted. You should not feel any guilt or shame for liking it.

sammex

giphy.gif

All I watch on CW is the originals and sometimes iZombie :( The writers killed the originals.
They destroyed the originals, they go through the same shit all the time and the filler was too much. Hopefully half a season helps the shows pace.

How the hell is the CW gonna show all this stuf if they barely cancel anything and keep adding so many shows.

Joni

Is Series 4 the end for The 100... hope its not such a great show

I think they'll aim for five seasons wrapping it up nicely.

Not sure if the demand is there but I wish Jensen Ackles would move on to bigger and better things.

Both boys have tried and failed. They are now more than happy to ensure a steady income for them and all the people they love that are making the show.

It almost didn't get renewed last season, which is why it's been pretty much pushed into a summer slot at this point.

Not really. The surprise extra episodes for Legends of Tomorrow pushed it back. Although I wouldn't mind if they moved it to summer for a couple of years.

How the hell is the CW gonna show all this stuf if they barely cancel anything and keep adding so many shows.

Time to expand! Stop with the breaks and start using the summer better.

Oregano

CEG Season 3 is like amazeballs considering its ratings.

Ratings so bad they were even mentioned in the last episode.

More crazy-ex is incredible, never seen a network support such a great show with such low ratings like this before. I think the netflix views are fairly strong though?

Parahan

IZombie is airing season 3 this April. It's not getting canned folks.

Frequency is a decent show, it's just too casual and linear with its sciFi premise while amping up its CW-romance quotient a bit too much.

Kin5290

Well damn. I was hoping that Frequency could somehow get renewed, however unlikely. Peyton List looks prettty good with a detective's shield and gun on her belt.

No way iZombie isn't getting renewed. They just have to wait until the new season starts.

I assume it'll be back, but it is one of the lower rated WB produced shows on the network. I bet it gets a fourth season and then ends.

So happy about Crazy Ex-Girlfriend getting renewed. I honestly didn't think it would.
CBS produced show on a network that is supposed to be a joint venture between WB & CBS yet airs very few CBS shows. I'm not sure why people thought it was in trouble.

Bigfoot

I always assumed Arrow would end after 5 seasons since they had 5 years worth of island flash backs. Does this mean no more flash backs for the show?

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I always assumed Arrow would end after 5 seasons since they had 5 years worth of island flash backs. Does this mean no more flash backs for the show?

Probably. They're never going to end the show based off something like the number of flashbacks though. It'll keep going until the ratings crater or the cast becomes too expensive.

They might start flashing back to events in Season 1 that the viewer didn't see. They experimented with that in a recent episode.

LionPride

Banned
Probably. They're never going to end the show based off something like the number of flashbacks though. It'll keep going until the ratings crater or the cast becomes too expensive.

They might start flashing back to events in Season 1 that the viewer didn't see. They experimented with that in a recent episode.

And it makes logical sense, show flashbacks to Season 1 or 2 as time progresses

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
I love Supernatural, but it needs to end soon.

iZombie is criminally underrated.

Grizzlyjin

Can't seem to find it on there?

Frequency and No Tomorrow will be added to Netflix in the US about 8 days after their respective season finales. It's part of that new Netflix/CW deal.

CW shows are no longer carried on Hulu weekly. But they keep a rolling set of episodes on The CW app. I'd just wait for it to pop up on Netflix, they're both almost done for the year

Mengetsu

I'm happy to see all the izombie love in here. I stopped watching in the middle of the second season cause of work and such. I should get back to it story was getting really good after ep9.

CW Pres loves Supernatural and Jared and Jensen. Jared and Jensen love their crew and working on the show. The show's fanbase is rabid. So it will keep rolling until one of the above takes a serious turn to the negative.

I don't mind it. At this point working on Supernatural has become one of the safest industry jobs out there and with industry work being so sketchy, more power to em.

~Kinggi~

Banned
I love how Supernatural just keeps on trucking. Shit got its start being an X-Files clone for teens. X-Files formula never dies, motherfuckas. fuck yeah

Frequency and No Tomorrow will be added to Netflix in the US about 8 days after their respective season finales. It's part of that new Netflix/CW deal.

CW shows are no longer carried on Hulu weekly. But they keep a rolling set of episodes on The CW app. I'd just wait for it to pop up on Netflix, they're both almost done for the year

Oh okay.
thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom