• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Day Before will be available on November 10, 2023

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Watch this new trailer confirming The Day Before release date. Take a fast ride through the streets of the apocalypse in this latest The Day Before trailer for the upcoming open-world MMO survival game set in a deadly, post-pandemic America overrun by flesh-hungry infected and survivors killing each other for food, weapons, and cars. The Day Before will be available on November 10, 2023.

The Cockatrice

Gold Member
Captain America Lol GIF by mtv

Now it's a driving game?

Last edited:

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
That. . .does not match the tone they initially started out with. At all. Like sure, cars WOULD still work (up to resource generation failing), but I never read this game as being focused on that.

Either way there's no chance this is any good, though they do have five months to actually get this in the hands of legitimate re/previewers if they think the quality is in fact there.

MiguelItUp

This felt like a joke, you'd think for their "official announcement trailer" that they'd.... show some gameplay of the entire experience. Especially when saying "Get ready for the best survival experience of the year." Lmao.

john2gr

IGN has really fucked up the title in order to gain some clicks.

Title from the official trailer is "Survive the Apocalypse With Speed". This is basically a small video clip (and pays homage to the movie I Am Legend). It's a small video clip, and nothing more. It's similar to their previous video which focused on Spa ( ).

This isn't an "official trailer" or an "announcement trailer".

As for the release date, Fntastic revealed the November 10th when it delayed the game back in February ( https://www.dsogaming.com/videotrai...-gets-an-official-10-minute-gameplay-trailer/ )

So all I'm seeing here is IGN trying to capitalize on this with a misleading title, and people are falling for it. And again, we've known the November 10th release date since February. Funny how most of the media "forgot" it.

Last edited:

ANDS

King of Gaslighting

The title of the video is just "Official Trailer."

. . .and that is a good catch on I AM LEGEND, but the overall trailer still feels bad and it is the choice of the music. A post apocalyptic homage isn't what jumps into my head when that music plays; it is "Come play our cool and hip game where you can street race in the apocalypse."

ZoukGalaxy

Sure, it's the end of the world, and instead of taking a hummer or any military 4x4 what you choose is a racing car made for asphalt clean road. How ridiculous.

Yeah, sure Jan, survival of the year, you won't survive long I'm afraid.

Fail Naked And Afraid GIF by Discovery

Last edited:

Title from the official trailer is "Survive the Apocalypse With Speed". This is basically a small video clip (and pays homage to the movie I Am Legend). It's a small video clip, and nothing more. It's similar to their previous video which focused on Spa ( ).

This isn't an "official trailer" or an "announcement trailer".

As for the release date, Fntastic revealed the November 10th when it delayed the game back in February ( https://www.dsogaming.com/videotrai...-gets-an-official-10-minute-gameplay-trailer/ )

So all I'm seeing here is IGN trying to capitalize on this with a misleading title, and people are falling for it. And again, we've known the November 10th release date since February. Funny how most of the media "forgot" it.

Paying homage or blatantly ripping something off like they've done multiple times? This post almost comes across like an ad for the game (a game that is very likely misleading people at best)

john2gr

Paying homage or blatantly ripping something off like they've done multiple times? This post almost comes across like an ad for the game (a game that is very likely misleading people at best)

You want a misleading trailer? How about the CG trailer of Dead Island? Or the Mad World trailer of Gears of War that made it look like a survival horror game (which is FAR from what the actual game was). I didn't see anyone getting up in arms back then. In the end, nobody really cared because both of them turned out to be great games. Still, these trailers were as misleading as they could get. So let's not jump on the "hate" bandwagon for specific games just because it's the cool thing to do. Let's wait and see (common sense, I know. Imagine that). If it is awful, then we can all slam it to the ground.

Let's also not forget that people STILL believe that this is a fake game, similar to Abandoned. It's funny when people want to simply bash something for the hell of it (a similar thing happened with Unrecord until the dev decided to share another video. People were calling it a scam. This "it's a scam game" trend has become laughable). This is a real game. Now whether it's a good or a bad game, we'll obviously find out when it comes out.

Last edited:
The way he says "November 10th" is hilarious.

I'd like to ask them what we are supposed to learn about the game from this new trailer?

Do we get sports cars?

What's the betting it has absolutely no relevance to the finished product at all...lol.

CamHostage

Is this still coming out on in two weeks? November 10th?

No word on a date change (or date re-confirmation, or any update on or promotion of the product) since August 2, November 10 is still on their website, and stuff these days can just get out there with no previewing or promotion, so... maybe?

Either way...

sddefault.jpg

Drizzlehell

Banned
What the fuck is this now?

What a joke. They're probably just gonna announce another delay in a couple of days and pull out some lame excuse out of their ass.

Last edited:
Top Bottom