• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls Online |OT2| Unlimited Crowns, Limited Skooma

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Excited to play this on the 9th for the first time ever. Friend is getting it on the 11th so at least I'll have someone to play with too. MMOs are so dull when you've nobody to play with IMO.

I think I saw that the cheapest horse is 17200 crowns (correct me if wrong) so two quick questions:

1. Does having a mount really help much / make traversal more enjoyable?

2. Is that going to take me a long time to accumulate or do you earn crowns fairly fast?

Not too worried about anything else in the Imperial Edition. Thanks!

Somnia

I think I saw that the cheapest horse is 17200 crowns (correct me if wrong) so two quick questions:

1. Does having a mount really help much / make traversal more enjoyable?

2. Is that going to take me a long time to accumulate or do you earn crowns fairly fast?

Not too worried about anything else in the Imperial Edition. Thanks!

You man 1200 or 1700? I haven't looked in awhile 17200 is quite high. Honestly I'd recommend spending a little and getting the starter pack that comes with a horse and some items from the crown store. It's a good helping tool.

If you mean in game gold and not crown store, well horses don't take too long to save up for depending on how you play and if you craft, etc.

You man 1200 or 1700? I haven't looked in awhile 17200 is quite high. Honestly I'd recommend spending a little and getting the starter pack that comes with a horse and some items from the crown store. It's a good helping tool.

If you mean in game gold and not crown store, well horses don't take too long to save up for depending on how you play and if you craft, etc.

Thanks! I will definitely look into the starter pack. Pretty pumped to finally get into this one and I feel like I have so much research to do to be ready!

gossi

Thanks! I will definitely look into the starter pack. Pretty pumped to finally get into this one and I feel like I have so much research to do to be ready!

Oh god, a horse is nowhere near that amount of crowns! You can also get the "Starter Pack" for check which includes a horse.

You really don't need to research this game. It's all pretty simple and casual. It's designed for Elder Scrolls fans who haven't played an MMO before.

Somnia

One tip for new players, pay attention to your abilities when you morph them. Since the combat changes there are now magika and stamina based morph's. So if you are building one specific way you don't want to take a wrong ability on accident (though you can always use the other ability too just plan for not having as much stam or mag to use it)

Willectro

Banned
Finally got around to installing and playing this game last night. Haven't played since launch week. It's a completely different game than I remember. The movement and combat actually has weight. The visuals are quite nice and everything just seems to make sense, although many typical MMO systems are not present, which is refreshing.

Although WoW will always be my favorite MMO, I'll mess around with this game for a bit. Ultimately I decided to play on PC, mainly because I already own it, but partially because of posts I've read about mods making the experience better.

Playing an Orc Dragon Knight on NA.

gossi

Great to hear about ease of use and muting, and I agree they should patch in USB keyboard support and chat.

They won't be adding keyboard chat. They don't need to either - they're looking for casual couch gamers here, like the 30m people who got Skyrim (70% on console) - the consoles ship with headsets, so use it like with every other console game is the theory.

They won't be adding keyboard chat. They don't need to either - they're looking for casual couch gamers here, like the 30m people who got Skyrim (70% on console) - the consoles ship with headsets, so use it like with every other console game is the theory.

I get the reason, but having support for it isn't really that bad is it?

lets be clear I'm not arguing at all, if it works great, it works great.

gossi

I get the reason, but having support for it isn't really that bad is it?

lets be clear I'm not arguing at all, if it works great, it works great.

I think it's three things going on to be honest - a design decision to be purely a console game for a console audience (the game is VERY accessible, e.g. it doesn't even use the term tank etc), there's no USB keyboard support in game in the Xbox One game SDK yet, and development time - they're already a year late with the console launch, the more features you add and QA the further cost or time you incur.

I'm glad ZOS is going all in on the proximity chat. If it doesn't work for the community, then it doesn't work, but at least it'll get a fair shake.*

I'm curious if DLC will be purchased through XBL/PSN or with crowns through the Crown Store. I asked a couple of times, but they didn't select my question.

*(It's funny to me that Bungie basically said this wasn't possible and yet this is a more complex scenario.)

I think it's three things going on to be honest - a design decision to be purely a console game for a console audience (the game is VERY accessible, e.g. it doesn't even use the term tank etc), there's no USB keyboard support in game in the Xbox One game SDK yet, and development time - they're already a year late with the console launch, the more features you add and QA the further cost or time you incur.

Thanks for the info!

I'm curious if DLC will be purchased through XBL/PSN or with crowns through the Crown Store. I asked a couple of times, but they didn't select my question.

I know it's not official but this ESO wiki states, "The Elder Scrolls Online PC/Mac Store allows online purchasing of digital copies of the game along with exclusive paid content in the form of items and services for the PC and Mac versions of the game. Equivalent content is expected to be available for Xbox One and PlayStation 4 versions through the XBL Marketplace and PSN Store. For Steam versions of the game, content must be purchased through the Steam Store, and players can only purchase one of each kind of Crown Pack from the Steam Store once every two weeks." Source: http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Store

Spades

Could someone please let me know what mounts are currently available on the Crown Store and for what cost?

Also, do you know if everyone gets 500 free Crowns when they register their console version or do you not get it if you previously had a PC account?

MaKTaiL

pre loading started here (ps4)

55GB mother of god
Good to know. I was kind hoping the beta you be patched though. Having to download everything again is going to be a pain (PSN doesn't like me).

EDIT

It haven't started in the US. Just checked.

I'm pretty hyped for this. Really the simple fact that they created a fully functional content complete console version of such a large PC game is amazing. ZOS deserves my money for putting it out there for us console people.

Jarlaxle

I've never played an MMO before but I'm pretty excited about this and will be picking this up next Tuesday. I convinced two friends to play with me. Which is the best alliance to join for new players?

Somnia

I've never played an MMO before but I'm pretty excited about this and will be picking this up next Tuesday. I convinced two friends to play with me. Which is the best alliance to join for new players?

Honestly there is no best alliance for new players. I think AD probably have the best "newbie" island which is an optional thing, but highly recommend when you make it out of the tutorial you'll see a quest NPC to lead you to it. I suggest going there if it's your first time.

Go with whatever faction your friends want to all play together or just roll with GAF. It looks like XB1 and PS4 are both leaning to Daggerfall. Just remember you WILL see AD and EB lands (including newbie island, etc.) as soon as you finish the main story. By see it I mean just as if you were a level 1, but instead its all changed to Veteran level content to level up through.

empyrean

Got an email saying my ps4 copy had been dispatched today...any chance if i get it early that the servers will be up?

Jarlaxle

Honestly there is no best alliance for new players. I think AD probably have the best "newbie" island which is an optional thing, but highly recommend when you make it out of the tutorial you'll see a quest NPC to lead you to it. I suggest going there if it's your first time.

Go with whatever faction your friends want to all play together or just roll with GAF. It looks like XB1 and PS4 are both leaning to Daggerfall. Just remember you WILL see AD and EB lands (including newbie island, etc.) as soon as you finish the main story. By see it I mean just as if you were a level 1, but instead its all changed to Veteran level content to level up through.

Thanks. That makes things a lot clearer. One of my friends hates the high elves so it'll probably be hard to convince him to go with the AD. I'll probably try and get them on Daggerfall.

Nice! is Tony really like Tony? does he game IRL?

Ha, he's not quite as ADD, but he can lose focus rather quickly. He hasn't played many MMOs but loves the Halo series (and a bunch of other games that I can't remember right now).

thats pretty great, is he part of the eso community or was he just hired for the acting gig

He's an actor and improviser, but he's started to get into the game ever since shooting that spot!

idonteven

since when does a pre load reset when you turn of the ps4 ? had to download everything again... 100gb in total is like 60% of my data in 1 day and its only day 5 in the month,im fucked

no eso for me it is because i cant afford to use up my data this early in the month

Ape

Banned
since when does a pre load reset when you turn of the ps4 ? had to download everything again... 100gb in total is like 60% of my data in 1 day and its only day 5 in the month,im fucked

no eso for me it is because i cant afford to use up my data this early in the month

if you're having issues with preloading on the ps4 they said to contact sony on twitter.

ComputerBlue

Gold Member

That really sucks and definitely shouldn't be like that. I would contact Sony as Ape suggested to get to the route of the problem before it happens to you again.

But I wouldn't worry about data usage while playing the game, I remember reading that it's not a lot.

Top Bottom