• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls Online |OT2| Unlimited Crowns, Limited Skooma

gossi

servers won't be up until midnight local time, 9th june

I know Zenimax reps are saying this, but I think they might be confused. It's one megaserver for NA and one for rest of world - they can't do server online based on timezone.

On Xbox Live they go live at 11PM UTC.

bigDave

I know Zenimax reps are saying this, but I think they might be confused. It's one megaserver for NA and one for rest of world - they can't do server online based on timezone.

On Xbox Live they go live at 11PM UTC.

i understand your point.

I was thinking about Aus... they always use EU servers

gossi

i understand your point.

I was thinking about Aus... they always use EU servers

Yeah, exactly - this is why I'm baffled with Gina and Jessica saying it goes live local time at midnight.. There's no way I can see that being true in Australia, for example. If it works like Xbox Live claims (and it did with The Witcher 3 recently), it's set to the 8th at 11PM UTC.

Australian Western Standard Time (AWST; UTC+08:00)
Australian Central Standard Time (ACST; UTC+09:30)
Australian Eastern Standard Time (AEST; UTC+10:00)

So for Oz I think it will be live on Xbox One on 9th at 7am Western, 6.30am Central and 5am Eastern.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
When does the countdown on your console say it'll unlock? You'll probably be the first to play at midnight on the eu servers.

Silvard

Hey guys, I'm jumping in with the PS4 version and I've been having some trouble finding up to date detailed resource about game mechanics, so I figured this wouldn't be a bad place to ask.

I'm still looking at the classes and races, trying to decide what to pick. I understand that every class can do every role, since most of the skills are shared, but I can't appreciate just how much your chosen class defines your character, and how significant the racial bonus are towards the potential of your character. Is it possible to be a, for example, a sorcerer battlemage, mainly focusing on melee DPS (since at least for the single player elder scrolls games I've always liked melee combat more than magic, but with the flair and flavor of being a magic user) while still using utility and buff spells? Kind of like a gish, to use P&P terms. Or will I be gimping myself by choosing that class and "role"? How about being Imperial on top of that?

I don't mean viable as in the regular game while leveling, I mean viable even on high end content. I'd be happy to get more details on the game, the hype has really built up for me in these days preceding launch.

Lyng

anyway, i read that quests are really well made.

Are they paragonable to those of Witcher?

They are fetch and kill quests, but the storylines make them feel different. If you do yourself a favor and dont skip dialog you will like the quest.
Miles better then most other MMO's.

I'm also jumping in once the PS4 version goes live. Can't wait, really - I have always enjoyed Elder Scrolls -games, and this seems like a fun, casual game I can play with friends, do a bit of PvP and just explore the world at my leisure.

I'm jumping on the PS4 version if any of you guys want to do quests or what not together I'll be more than happy too! My PSN is xVaalbarAx

Ape

Banned
So does the game unlock for everyone at 12am est? I'm in California so that's 9 for me. I'd hate to wait three hours just because I'm in a different part of the country. Talking about XBL .

Wallach

So does the game unlock for everyone at 12am est? I'm in California so that's 9 for me. I'd hate to wait three hours just because I'm in a different part of the country. Talking about XBL .

It will unlock at the same moment for everyone, so it'll be 9PM PDT Monday for you.

So i have question. Looking through the crown store i see crafting motifs. Are those still available in game or do i need to buy them via the crown store now?

H3xum

If you had to break down the class popularity (and what parties are looking for in raids), what would you say it is?

i.e. 40% dragonknight, 30% sorcerer, 20% nightblade, 10% templar etc etc

Spades

Can anyone answer this question?

If I have an account with the Explorer's Pack that allows any race in any alliance, does that apply to all characters you create or do you need an Explorer's Pack per character?

ComputerBlue

Gold Member
I really wish Sony would allow you to download patches before you get the game.

Waiting for that 15gig download tomorrow will be brutal.

Dimorphic

I really want to pick this up now but I am still in Velen in The Witcher 3! I don't know if it's wise to grab this as well PLUS Batman next week.

#firstworldproblems

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
OK, so the release of the console version has me thinking about buying and playing this...

Is the game new player friendly? And are the servers active and friendly?

Top Bottom