• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls Online Tamriel Unlimited - |OT| - Console edition

Wallach

Dunno what everyone else's faction plans are, but I'll be going Daggerfall Covenant. Pretty excited to get back into this with proper controller support and interface.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Anyone who pre-ordered the Imperial Edition on the PSN store actually get your pre-order DLC/Imperial Edition DLC?

Matriox

Whelp. Pulled the trigger on it since I could get it pre-ordered and paid for with best buy certs. Probably won't be super active but damn I can't wait to remote play this.

Psn: Matriox24

Somnia

ATTENTION TO XBOX 1 PLAYERS JOINING THE GAF GUILD

We are going to be called The Dark Gafferhood. The guild will be created tomorrow evening, so please be patient while you wait for it to be created. I will be home at roughly 6PM CST tomorrow night and will be on most of the evening.

We will be giving quite a few invite access out for awhile to get everything rolling, also friends of GAF members are allowed so long as you vouche for them!

Hawk269

Just a heads up...

On the Xbox Live Marketplace, it now states that the game unlocks at 12:01am EST. Prior to today, it had a different time and ZOS said that it would unlock at 12:01am EST only on the East Coast and those in PST would have to wait till 12:01PST, but Xbox Live usually would state this. It now looks the way it is listed that the game should unlock at 9pm PST since that will be 12:01est. We will see in about 4 hours.

Hawk269

We are going to be called The Dark Gafferhood. The guild will be created tomorrow evening, so please be patient while you wait for it to be created. I will be home at roughly 6PM CST tomorrow night and will be on most of the evening.

We will be giving quite a few invite access out for awhile to get everything rolling, also friends of GAF members are allowed so long as you vouche for them!

Please ensure you send me an invite. I have a ton of items I want to donate to the guild bank. For example, I have about 1,000 lock picks that I will break down into batches of 25, so new players have them.

Will the guild bank be "open" allowing people to take the items they need? I have been part of a few of the PC guilds that did this and worked well, we just all were just honest and only took what we needed, breaking down stacks and putting back what we don't need. I see the point of "locking" the guild bank since someone can abuse it and just take everything, but it would be nice to have it open.

For other players, my GT is Hawk269, if you are new to the game, send me friend request and a message in the game for a "Care Package". I am creating the following care packages for new players:

25 Lock Picks
5 Healing Potions
5 Magic Potions
5 Stamina Recovery Potions
5 Assorted Drinks (Buffs for your character)
5 Assorted Food Items (Buffs for your character)

If you are interested in Crafting, I have approximately 1500 of Entry Level Wood, Ore and Jute (For clothing) that I can share, in addition to stacks of different items for provisioning, alchemy etc.

Enjoy the game everyone, it is a great and a lot of fun, especially with engaged other players!

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
^ Dude, thats awesome. Wish I was on Xbox One now haha.

What stuff can I do with friends? Since Main story is solo only

Somnia

Please ensure you send me an invite. I have a ton of items I want to donate to the guild bank. For example, I have about 1,000 lock picks that I will break down into batches of 25, so new players have them.

Will the guild bank be "open" allowing people to take the items they need? I have been part of a few of the PC guilds that did this and worked well, we just all were just honest and only took what we needed, breaking down stacks and putting back what we don't need. I see the point of "locking" the guild bank since someone can abuse it and just take everything, but it would be nice to have it open.

For other players, my GT is Hawk269, if you are new to the game, send me friend request and a message in the game for a "Care Package". I am creating the following care packages for new players:

25 Lock Picks
5 Healing Potions
5 Magic Potions

If you are interested in Crafting, I have approximately 1500 of Entry Level Wood, Ore and Jute (For clothing) that I can share, in addition to stacks of different items for provisioning, alchemy etc.

Enjoy the game everyone, it is a great and a lot of fun, especially with engaged other players!

I will be inviting all GAF members and yes we will be having the guild bank open to everyone. If problems arise we will see to fixing it. I just hope people are smart enough not to take everything as there is a log and we can black ball mother fuckers on here and shame them lol

Also like the above I have high level blacksmith, tailor, provisioning and woodworking so I can help make gear for new players if they ask :)

Ascenion

25 Lock Picks
5 Healing Potions
5 Magic Potions

Damn that's generous! I salute you sir.

hom3land

Hopefully will have time to create my character before I head to work tomorrow morning. Has it been decided which faction everyones joining on Xbox?

Hawk269

Damn that's generous! I salute you sir.

Your welcome guys. Me and My Wife spent that last two months, playing the PC occasionally to gather all these items. I spent time maxing out my provisioning on one of my characters to the highest level, so I can make a ton of different food/drink items.

When it comes to crafting materials, I will sell some of them at low cost, not going to try to ruin undercut the guild, but will sell smaller batches to new players at cheap or even free for those that ask.

We just want to have new players have a good time and stuff like potions, lock picks and the like when you first start out are good to have as it makes things handy when starting out.

I am just wondering, can I buy an upgrade to the Imperial Edition once the game is released? I bought the regular edition because I thought that buying 3 Imperial Editions (2 PC + 1 Xbox) was too much, but now I sorta want it.

What happened to GAF Gone Wild?!

Neverfade

Did anyone else try preordering this from Best Buy today and have any trouble?

System at my local store wouldn't let me put just 5 dollars down -- all or nothing. Didn't want to do this because I was going to trade some games in towards it tomorrow when I pick it up.

I finally got tired of them hemming and hawing over not knowing what to do and left.

Tried to do it online and select my local store for pickup (which said available) but then at checkout screen it said the game was NOT available.

So fuck it, I just grabbed my trade ins and went back. Hopefully they actually get copies in.

Anyone ever have that full price BS happen before?

Did anyone else try preordering this from Best Buy today and have any trouble?

System at my local store wouldn't let me put just 5 dollars down -- all or nothing. Didn't want to do this because I was going to trade some games in towards it tomorrow when I pick it up.

I finally got tired of the hemming and hawing over not knowing what to do and left.

Tried to do it online and select my local store for pickup (which said available) but then at checkout screen it said the game was NOT available.

So fuck it, I just grabbed my trade ins and went back. Hopefully they actually get copies in.

Anyone ever have that full price BS happen before?

They should have copies Best Buy is usually good about that at least in my area. I got the Digital Version but I have never had an issue tracking down physical releases at Best Buy.

A little less than 3 hours to go. PS4 player here but I do hope to see the Xbox community to be alive and thriving. Such an amazing game, everyone should at least try to have a good experience playing it.

Are we merging the console community to the pc community or are the two going to be separate?

Also FuttBuck... Not opposed to the name but are we associated with Goonsquad?

A little less than 3 hours to go. PS4 player here but I do hope to see the Xbox community to be alive and thriving. Such an amazing game, everyone should at least try to have a good experience playing it.

Are we merging the console community to the pc community or are the two going to be separate?

Also FuttBuck... Not opposed to the name but are we associated with Goonsquad?

Errrr did not know that was a thing? :p I just thought of it.

Hawk269

I will be inviting all GAF members and yes we will be having the guild bank open to everyone. If problems arise we will see to fixing it. I just hope people are smart enough not to take everything as there is a log and we can black ball mother fuckers on here and shame them lol

Also like the above I have high level blacksmith, tailor, provisioning and woodworking so I can help make gear for new players if they ask :)

Same for me. My provision guy is maxed out, but my Clothier, Blacksmith and Wood Worker is about Level 30-35 or so. I have a lot of things unlocked to customize armor as well. So it looks like we will have a few people around to help all the new players, which is great and will make for a better game.

Yoday

Yes we are. Add me CthulhuSars if you will be on at anytime. I took a long ass nap and expect to play for at least 7 hours after digital release is open.
Okay, thanks. I've been watching the PS4 thread but a guild faction never seemed to be named, so I had no idea what was going on. I'll be getting it on physical though due to GCU, so I won't be on until tomorrow evening.

Wallach

Goon Squad (and variants) is associated with the Something Awful forums, so you'll just wind up causing a bunch of confusion.

mhows

Banned
So I decided to jump in (been playing elder scrolls since morrowind). Game looks good and hopefully it can pull me away from destiny. This is my first MMO and I had a few questions. I really like running mage builds that are a cross between doing dps and healing. I was thinking of running a high elf and I wanted to see if this was a good choice. Also thanks in advance for the input.

What stuff can I do with friends? Since Main story is solo only

Also curious about this as well. I have a buddy that may be buying the game and I would like to know what stuff we can run together if anyone knows. : )

gossi

Xbox One screenshots, 2am UK time.

F1j3ida.jpg

3iimAYj.jpg

2F6K5TL.jpg

uNv7RHX.jpg

Also, I haven't got a screenshot yet as Xbox messed up, but there's extra visual effects in the console version. E.g. in Del's Claim dungeon in AD faction there's a bunch of fog done with alpha effects, which I can't see in PC version.

aibaby

Neo Member
So I have a problem. I tried registering an account and it say email is in use. When I tried to retrieve my userid/password however, it says could not find an account? I played in the PS4 Beta, don't know if there's a connection to that. Any advice/help would be appreciated, thanks!

Top Bottom