• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls Online Tamriel Unlimited - |OT| - Console edition

Raxious

Anyone got tips on improving the download speed? It's currently saying it's gonna take another 45 hours :s

I changed my DNS servers, used the pause / resume but still it's a horrible speed.

Kalavaras

Banned
This seems like a good timing for me to jump back in to some MMO action. I'm thinking of going Dragon Knight. I've no idea if I wanna go for DPS or tank yet so the question is, is it gonna be painful trying to gear for both and is respeccing easy/cheap? I guess it won't have dual spec à la WoW.

dubq

Quick frame rate video from my PS4 play.

You'll see its not smooth all the time, it jutters from time to time.

Now, I dont know whats causing this, I suspect lag more than anything else.

Yyou'll notice it the most if you watch around the 50 seconds to 1 minute time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrHpUmIQJYg

Nat Type 2
Wired Ethernet connection with power adapter plugs.

Any suggestions?
That def looks like world-loading to me. DCUO also does this.

Lucifon

Wait people have been sent codes from the PC > Console transfer?! I haven't got anything... PS4 here, still waiting, no code sent.

EDIT - I see, in billing history on the ESO account website :) Redeemed fine here in the UK. Hooray! Good job I used the preorder then cancel trick to download early, left it downloading for the past 2 nights, still 20gb left to do overnight so I can play tomorrow.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Copy was dispatched today, so should have it tomorrow.

I won't be rushing to end game, but what's it like? I'm more PvP oriented than PvE so I'll be doing that a lot, but what else is there?

Ape

Banned
any reason there's an OT for the console versions when the PC version exists? Are there any huge differences?

Lashley

Guys will the pre order dlc explorers pack be inside the case? Retailer I ordered from didnt know if they included it, but if its inside the case like most preorder dlc I should be alright

Lucifon

Guys will the pre order dlc explorers pack be inside the case? Retailer I ordered from didnt know if they included it, but if its inside the case like most preorder dlc I should be alright

My housemate's arrived today and it was in the box. Was never advertised to have it. UK copy.

Lashley

My housemate's arrived today and it was in the box. Was never advertised to have it. UK copy.

Ideal, ordered from very since they sent me a voucher code, so should have the code inside. Hopefully be here tomorrow, never used them for games. Usually alright for deliveries though.

Hawk269

Thank you GAF for this tipp with the Billing History. No more waiting for this E-Mail :)
Yup. Not sure who posted it first but I just had my wife check and I am at 20% as of a few min ago and yet still no email. Glad someone discovered this.

My wife is waiting for mine to download and she is going to redeem her code.

What I odd my wife always gets emails from ZOS 4-6 hours before I do and she still has not got her code via email, but this trick worked anyways.

Lashley

If I was stealing things at say, level 5, would every Guard I see just one hit me if I chose to fight them>

Lucifon

Quick frame rate video from my PS4 play.

You'll see its not smooth all the time, it jutters from time to time.

Now, I dont know whats causing this, I suspect lag more than anything else.

Yyou'll notice it the most if you watch around the 50 seconds to 1 minute time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrHpUmIQJYg

Nat Type 2
Wired Ethernet connection with power adapter plugs.

Any suggestions?

Areas look so barren in detail after playing The Witcher 3 ha :( Hopefully the stuttering is improved slightly over time.

-NeoTB1-

I see those of us US gamers with a PC->PS4 transfer are still waiting on our emails. I tried the code from my billing history again. No dice. Sigh.

MAX PAYMENT

I'm still trying to wrap my head around how the classes work in this game.

I've always favored the melee types in elder scrolls games. But the classes here all seem like mage/whatever.

My current thought is Breton Templar, sword and shield with healing. But I have no clue.

I see that you have to buy the imperial edition to play as an emperial? is it possible to purchase just the emperil race?

Should I go ahead and register my account on the website? does the console version ask you to enter your Zenimax account or whatever?

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
I'm still trying to wrap my head around how the classes work in this game.

I've always favored the melee types in elder scrolls games. But the classes here all seem like mage/whatever.

My current thought is Breton Templar, sword and shield with healing. But I have no clue.

I see that you have to buy the imperial edition to play as an emperial? is it possible to purchase just the emperil race?
Yeah, you just have to purchase the Imperial Pack from the ESO Marketplace. I believe it's a $20 upgrade.

So TESO...is there an article that directly shows how they addressed the issues from launch I can read? I'd love to take peoples word but I want some specifics.

Bizzquik

Will the PC version get controller support?

Pretty sure they said they are going to add it sometime after the console launch.

charpunk is correct. Devs said is much in the game's Steam discussion thread page.
Ongoing controller integration development was announced a long time ago - July 2014. Its been a pretty long wait....but its still on track for PC after the console release, apparently.

Kinsella

Banned
Which faction is the GAF guild using? I'm currently committed to the guild created by Crazmadscience(Ethereal Army), but it would be nice to also PVP with some gaffers. She's using Daggerfall.

Top Bottom