• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Game Awards 2023 Predictions

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
Geoff can’t hold it anymore, and neither can I!

The excitement valve is about to release to another storm of reveals seeping out of this award show.

What will the pope deliver to us this year ? What awards will go to whom ?

fRzKC7.gif

Which game has a high rating and the most pandering/diversity? That game will win GOTY. So it's either Spider-man 2 or Baldurs Gate 3. The rest stand no chance. For me personally Spider-man 2 is the best but I have yet to play Alan Wake 2 and Talos 2.

James Sawyer Ford

Gold Member
I think Baulder's Gate 3 will win GOTY. Haven't played it, but Breath of the Wild already won and giving it to BG3 seems more appropriate. It was a surprise hit and I feel like they'll want to reward the team.

I think we get some more Death Stranding 2 info/trailer. I think Microsoft shows off Hellblade 2. Beyond that, who knows.

Thabass

Don't give a shit about the awards, but my persona GOTY is Tears of the Kingdom.

Now, for trailers, I'm going to make a bold prediction this year:

Grand Theft Auto VI's trailer will finally be revealed. I know Rockstar likes to do it on their own time, but it would be rad to see it at the Game Awards and I'm predicting a big one this year. So, that's it.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
TOTK is definitely my goty. Probably Mario Wonder and BG3 after that. Still haven’t tried Alan Wake or Spidey yet, though.

I don’t know if TOTK will win, though. Games that come out earlier in the year usually get fewer votes. Also, the game awards are just a giant stupid ad so who cares.

Rockman33

Favorite games I’ve played this year(no order:

RE4
Dead space remake
Hogwarts legacy
Starfield
Jedi Survivor
Remnant 2
Diablo 4
Spiderman 2

Cacoon

Games I played that might get nominated but they didn’t personally click for me:

Hi Fi-Rush
Mario wonder

Games that I haven’t played but will probably make list:

Zelda
BG3

Games I think will be nominated in bold

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I would put that as a very safe bet. Keighley will get both Miyazaki and Kojima on stage.
But from the last update they said they are not ready to reveal release date yet, does that mean it might not show in VGA? And even if they do show trailer they not be get release date for it yet.

I just hope they dont release it on Feb......they cant do that!

Last edited:
Baldur's gate 3 should win GOTY.

Totk was disappointing. (If only they used a different map)

2024 and beyond is quite empty. It can get filled at game awards

I predict Geoff Keighley and his Husband/Life Partner Hideo Kojima will be there.

And lasers...lots and lots of lasers.

Last edited:

3liteDragon

I think BG3 will pull a GoW & win GOTY, ToTK will sweep the rest & Geoff will include additional GOTY slots to accommodate Starfield lol.

Mortisfacio

TOTK wins GOTY
Baldurs Gate sweeps all the other awards, maybe 1 or 2 for Alan Wake and Spiderman

Death Stranding 2 trailer
Fable Trailer
EA Marvel trailer
A billion Indies
Lots of ads
1 cool thing we've never seen before that never comes out
Cranky Kong is a playable character

I expect TotK to win game of the year, but I hope it doesn't. Game sucked and I'll never finish it.

Last edited:

STARSBarry

Gold Member
Baldur's Gate III deserves to win, unless people legitimately think a standalone expansion to Ubisoft of the Wild Featuring Nuts & Bolts is legitimately better because the only console they own is a switch.

Are you serious!? this Feb alone is crazy busy.

im-rick-james-dave-chappelle.gif

Thts fair. February has Rebirth and Elden Ring DLC must be close. But it is the first time for me in a while that I dont have lot of stuff upcoming that I am excited about. Wolverine and Death Stranding2 are too far into the unknown.

AC6 DLC would be amazing though.

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Thus fair. February has Rebirth and Elden Ring DLC must be close. But it is the first time for me in a while that I dont have lot of stuff upcoming that I am excited about. Wolverine and Death Stranding2 are too far into the unknown.

AC6 DLC would be amazing though.
For me its not only Rebirth but also.....
P7xZ11B.png
0VoYWLd.png

And in March
3max.jpg

I have tones to look forward to in next year.

kaizenkko

Last year Sony have done a lot of announcements on TGA. For this year I bet:

GOW announcement
Rise of the Ronin date reveal
Stellar Blade date reveal
Silent Hill date reveal

TOTK wins GOTY
Baldurs Gate sweeps all the other awards, maybe 1 or 2 for Alan Wake and Spiderman

Death Stranding 2 trailer
Fable Trailer
EA Marvel trailer
A billion Indies
Lots of ads
1 cool thing we've never seen before that never comes out
Cranky Kong is a playable character
Uh Huh Yes GIF by CBC

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Maybe Imagine Dragons can take a year off after their last hit song was for a 7/10 AAA game. :)

I can see Zelda winning GOTY and BG3 winning best RPG of the year.

Top Bottom