• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Game Awards 2023 Predictions

mrmustard

Banned
His stupid show gets much more attention than it deserves. Everybody seems to think there is just one GOTY award when there are hundreds, because be makes a bloated commercial show around it. The only interesting thing are new games and i won't watch 3,5h bloated bs for that, Youtube the next day is more than enough.

GigaBowser

The bear of bad news
armazes me anyone would like point and click game more then TOTK what in the

w=368

WitchHunter

Banned
I think Baulder's Gate 3 will win GOTY. Haven't played it, but Breath of the Wild already won and giving it to BG3 seems more appropriate. It was a surprise hit and I feel like they'll want to reward the team.

I think we get some more Death Stranding 2 info/trailer. I think Microsoft shows off Hellblade 2. Beyond that, who knows.
Oh jesus, reward them for what? So that semi retarded (gimme views and subs) streamers screaming, ooohmyyygooood best rpg ever played, whoooo... *ejaculates into space*... while half of the playtime is just waiting the enemy to move in 2023? :DDD People like the shit spoon fed to them while being told: this is not shit, this is next level epic thing for you. Okay, voice actors, mocappers and animators can get their medal, but the rest of them should go to forced labor camps.

Half done, rushed game => guillotine to the project managers
Shitty combat system and lacklustre encounter design => programmers and everyone else involved should be fed to hungry otyughs
Larian CEO => fight with an ever smiling shit demon streamed live (PPV tickets can be bought for $60 )
Those responsible for the loots and the miniscule item icons and the zero imagination itemization => Decapitation
Horrible performance degradation in act 3 => everyone involved must be fed to the sharks
Fairytale like story with the same outcome no matter what you do => not an rpg, rebrand it as linear movie

James Sawyer Ford

Gold Member
Oh jesus, reward them for what? So that semi retarded (gimme views and subs) streamers screaming, ooohmyyygooood best rpg ever played, whoooo... *ejaculates into space*... while half of the playtime is just waiting the enemy to move in 2023? :DDD People like the shit spoon fed to them while being told: this is not shit, this is next level epic thing for you. Okay, voice actors, mocappers and animators can get their medal, but the rest of them should go to forced labor camps.

Half done, rushed game => guillotine to the project managers
Shitty combat system and lacklustre encounter design => programmers and everyone else involved should be fed to hungry otyughs
Larian CEO => fight with an ever smiling shit demon streamed live (PPV tickets can be bought for $60 )
Those responsible for the loots and the miniscule item icons and the zero imagination itemization => Decapitation
Horrible performance degradation in act 3 => everyone involved must be fed to the sharks
Fairytale like story with the same outcome no matter what you do => not an rpg, rebrand it as linear movie

I’m not talking about quality, I haven’t played BG3

But it’s something new, and out of nowhere scored incredibly well

Zelda was more of the same with some new gimmicks.

These are the two highest rated games so far this year, objectively one of them will likely win even if you’re not a huge fan

Fredrik

BG3 will win. Deserved? Don’t know, haven’t played it yet. Will likely be my Christmas game.

TOTK will be close. Some will say it deserves the win but for me it dropped after 3 temples, I was at the 10/10 point but I haven’t finished it yet so in hindsight it was probably release and physics engine hype. Might go back to it to finish it during Christmas if I have time.

Would love to see Starfield get nominated since it’s my most played game of the year, wouldn’t deserve it with the low meta but could be there just like Death Stranding as a divisive game to make the show and talk less boring, those are always fun to have around. It’s no Skyrim in space and main quest is mostly a snoozefest but it still have something and I’ve spent 180 hours on the thing building space ships and bases and doing pirating and base raids etc.

Hogwarts could be there. It was popular. Wasn’t for me though, I dropped out after 20 hours or so, I came to it from Elden Ring and it just couldn’t compare on exploration or action or anything. I like the world so might still return to it some day.

Spidey 2? High metascore. I think it’ll be there.

Alan Wake 2? Yeah, seems likely.

Super Mario Wonder, will be nominated.

So:
Baldur’s Gate 3 (GOTY winner, RPG win)
Zelda TOTK (gamers choice, Nintendo win)
Alan Wake 2 (story win)
Spider-Man 2 (PS5 win, action adventure win)
Hogwarts (no win, as it should be)
Super Mario Wonder (platformer win)
Starfield (robbed, Todd in tears)

GigaBowser

The bear of bad news
I’m not talking about quality, I haven’t played BG3

But it’s something new,
and out of nowhere scored incredibly well

Zelda was more of the same with some new gimmicks.

These are the two highest rated games so far this year, objectively one of them will likely win even if you’re not a huge fan
what in the its divinity part 2 point and click not new

BootsLoader

Banned
Starfield dethrones Zelda TOTK and Baldurs Gate 3.

- GTA 6 Trailer (only in our dreams)
- Death Stranding 2 trailer (Kojima on Stage)
- Next Santa Monica game trailer (Not)
- A new salamalenko kid appears on stage and says about ulamulah deserves the award.
- Monster collaboration with COD.
- Phil Spencer enters the stage “in Xbox the gamers and experience and all gamers are gaming, best experiences and platform.
(New trailer of hellblade with cringe dialogue screams and whispers + release date) 📆
- No other game from Sony, nobody from Sony on stage.
- Todd Howard in a pre recorded video.

Yonyx

Banned
6 nominations:

- Baldur's Gate III
- Zelda. Tears of the Kingdom
- Alan Wake II
- Super Mario Bros. Wonder
- Spider-Man 2
- Street Fighter 6

Winner:

Baldur's Gate III

I wish there were 7 or 8 game of the year nominations instead of just 6.

Shifty1897

TOTK wins GOTY
Baldurs Gate sweeps all the other awards, maybe 1 or 2 for Alan Wake and Spiderman

Death Stranding 2 trailer
Fable Trailer
EA Marvel trailer
A billion Indies
Lots of ads
1 cool thing we've never seen before that never comes out
Cranky Kong is a playable character
Don't forget Shadow of the Erdtree trailer and release date announcement.

Perrott

Gold Member
I don't care about the awards, but here are the game announcements and updates that I do expect:
  • Fumito Ueda's new game
  • New God of War game, developed by Bluepoint
  • Patrice Desilets' new game, possibly 1666 Amsterdam
  • Death Stranding 2 trailer and release window
  • Elden Ring: Shadow of the Erdtree trailer and release date
  • Judas gameplay and release window
  • Hellblade II trailer and release date
  • Star Wars Outlaws trailer and release window
  • Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League trailer
  • Wonder Woman trailer and release window
  • Hollow Knight: Silksong trailer and release date
  • Metroid Prime 2 + 3 HD shadowdrop
  • Final Fantasy VII Rebirth trailer
I'm counting with seeing Capcom's unannounced major game slated for this FY, Final Fantasy XVI's DLC, Rise of the Ronin, Stellar Blade and Silent Hill 2 at a State of Play in the coming weeks.

Last edited:

Camreezie

My guess is GOTY goes to TOTK or Baldurs Gate 3

Guess for nominees at this point :
- Baldurs Gate 3
- Tears of The Kingdom
- Spiderman 2
- Resident Evil 4
- Alan Wake 2 ( if it made the cutoff)
- Super Mario Wonder

If AW2 didnt make cut off id guess Starfield for the other slot

Fake

Hogwarts Legacy will somehow not be nominated for any award in any category, nor will it be allowed as an option for People's Choice voting

This is a well know since that simp that presented the show make a bunch of social media crap last game awards.

MagnesD3

I hope AC6 wins best action game, its great and deserves recognition. But im just here to see my Shadow of the Erdtree wetdream cum true.

Last edited:

skit_data

I think either BG3 or TotK will win.

Now, here's an idea for a thread:
What would be the most controversial game to win? I think we'll have to wait for the nominations but to me anything but those two titles would probably create a lot of controvery.

Atrus

Gold Member
GotY- BG3
RPG- BG3
Best Game Direction: BG3
Best Narrative: BG3
Best Adventure: Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom
Best DLC: Cyberpunk: Phantom Liberty
Best Action: Spider-Man 2
Best Performance: Neil Newbon (Astarion BG3)

Live music: Weeping Dawn/I want to Live mix (BG3)

At least teasers for GoW DLC, Death Stranding 2, Wolverine, Starfield DLC, MW3 DLC, Gears of War 6.

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
Ladies and gentlemen, below are the nominees for the worst game of the year.🎤

Lord of the RIngs: Gollum

Redfall

Skull Island: Rise of Kong

Mortal Kombat 1 Nintendo Switch version

Everybody 1-2 Switch

Last edited:

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
KaJKI4n.jpg

My guess would be that BG3 wins GOTY. My personal GOTY is TotK though, so I’d be fine with that as well.
Can you imagine Nintendo would be the first time a Zelda didn't win Game of the Year and Baldurs gate 3 won the award?

homer-simpson-heart-attack.gif

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
TGA predictions? Neil Druckman presenting goty award, shock collars for recepients of awards whose speeches exceed 3:30 minutes, and fucking Rock Am Ring levels of on stage security.

Edit: musical performance by ensemble band comprised of elite members of Lynyrd Skynyrd and Good Charlotte. Grimes on vox.

Last edited:

Mozzarella

I predict Tears of the Kingdom to win
But i hope Baldur's Gate 3 wins cause it deserves it, amazing RPG and Larian deserves to win since a long time.
I can't deny Nintendo effort this year, so if there is an award for best developer they should take it.
Best game though? Baldur's Gate 3 hopefully

Resident Evil 4 Remake is one of my all time favorites now, but its a remake so i dont want it to win especially since it won in 2005.

Bloodborne Remake trailer
Kojima on stage
Naughty Dog next game trailer

Alan Wake 2 live music show

Lots of games that don't interest me

GOTY will be Zelda

My GOTY is AW2

StueyDuck

One of the boring iterative games will win.

There will be lots of korean games that have all graphics

And maybe one big reveal, with a ds2 trailer and maybe hellblade 2 footage (if it's even a game)

I wonder if they'll introduce a new category 'best remake' considering we've gotten 2 huge ones this year. Anyway, GOTY will be between BG3 and Zelda TotK. As for what game announcements/updates I'd like to see are:
  • Stellar Blade trailer with a release date
  • Death Stranding 2 trailer with a release date
  • Gears 6 announcement
  • Metroid 4 trailer lol
  • Silent Hill 2 Remake release date
  • Xenoblade Chronicles X Switch port announcement

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
I wonder if they'll introduce a new category 'best remake' considering we've gotten 2 huge ones this year. Anyway, GOTY will be between BG3 and Zelda TotK. As for what game announcements/updates I'd like to see are:
  • Stellar Blade trailer with a release date
  • Death Stranding 2 trailer with a release date
  • Gears 6 announcement
  • Metroid 4 trailer lol
  • Silent Hill 2 Remake release date
  • Xenoblade Chronicles X Switch port announcement

Seems the only people who haven’t forgot about Gears is gamers because Xbox pretends it doesn’t exist.

Shit Sony gives more attention to games like Jak and Daxter in their promos than Xbox to Gears of War.

I desperately want a gears 1 remake/reboot.

Mossybrew

Obviously BG3 is taking GOTY this year. That some think a sandbox game for children could win is laughable. Oh look I can put wheels on this piece of wood, I made a car daddy, look! lmao.

Top Bottom