• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Game Awards Game of the Year 2023 Nominees

What game do you think will win Game of The year 2023?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Starfield is still a better game than Bloodborne

blasphemy.gif

jcorb

I'll admit, this year has been an absolute whirlwind to try and keep up with. But it's absolutely staggering that Hogwarts Legacy didn't make any of the lists.

I hate giving ammo to conspiracy bullshit, but it seems pretty hard not to think *something* is amiss. The game had an absolutely massive cultural impact when it launched. It was everywhere; you couldn't escape it.

I don't know it would've made Game of the Year (I haven't played Baldur's Gate 3 yet, but it certainly seems the clear winner), but it's certainly had a more significant impact than almost any other game nominated for almost any category.

Buggy Loop

sad eric cartman GIF by South Park

Playing BG3 before Starfield was a huge mistake. Although, I would have been disappointed anyway, BG3 just made the stark difference in RPG league that more clear.

Too long of a video, but BG3 is just another league as just an RPG.

On top of the shit engine Bethesda used that is a clear departure from nearly all space sims around, loading screen galore.

After 98 Hours in Starfield, I felt robbed.

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
I wonder which presenters or winners will have the balls to comment on the Israel/Palestine shitstorm

I'd think Keighley would nip all that in the bud way before the show, but who knows, and even if he did, its not like that would stop anything

Good ol Reformed Orthodox Rabbi Bill Clinton.

Katajx

Gold Member
Crazy how many of them released in October. Seems like there are some games missing, but that just goes to show that 2023 was a pretty solid year.

Last edited:

Laieon

Hogwarts Legacy is my personal GOTY.

Spider-Man out of their choices, I guess, but I'm sure it'll Baldur's Gate 3 (which is a game I don't care about).
I'd still rather BG3 win than Zelda though; while I liked TOTK more than BOTW, I don't like either of them nearly as much as I did the tried and true classic 3D Zelda formula.

The most prestigious game award ceremony, at least to me, will always be the GDC Awards anyway. Those are the Oscars, this is the MTV Movie Awards.

Last edited:

tmlDan

sad eric cartman GIF by South Park

Playing BG3 before Starfield was a huge mistake. Although, I would have been disappointed anyway, BG3 just made the stark difference in RPG league that more clear.

Too long of a video, but BG3 is just another league as just an RPG.

On top of the shit engine Bethesda used that is a clear departure from nearly all space sims around, loading screen galore.

After 98 Hours in Starfield, I felt robbed.

I am hopeful that recent games like ER and BG3 become more common, rewarding us for our exploration has been the biggest misses of modern gaming. Starfield sadly misses this most of the time, thats why the last game i liked was morrowind (from bethesda) because it had unique rewards for exploration

Not every game needs it but i hope it becomes more common

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
that ain't a good thing bruv

I know, of all times, Halo not getting nominated for continued support in the year where they've practically turned it around is a shame.

Ah well, at least it skirts the poor optics of getting a nomination for continued community support just days after a good portion of said community support is let go.

BlueLyria

I know, of all times, Halo not getting nominated for continued support in the year where they've practically turned it around is a shame.

Ah well, at least it skirts the poor optics of getting a nomination for continued community support just days after a good portion of said community support is let go.
Destiny should not have been nominated, at all. But neither should Halo Infinite, I've been getting back into it since MW3 was always going to be trash, and I've put about 6 hours in Infinite and 22 in MCC and I'm baffled that in those 6 hours of Infinite I didn't get to play new maps (Maybe the cave one is new, but that's the only one I noticed), game still has issues out of the ass.

Top Bottom