• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Gaming Forum doesn't play games

Matlock

Banned
You play boxarts.

You play sales numbers.

You play PR spin.

You play reviews.

You play screenshots.

You play videos.

Who actually games? Not this forum.

The prosecution rests its case.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
it's true
no one in the halo 2 gaf clan is ever online

at least we have our box arts without greatest hits labels!

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
i beat pikmin 2 just now.

by beat I mean paid the debt, which isn't really beat, but I'm selling my games systems and wanted to at least sort of beat it before waving goodbye to consoles till next round.

bill0527

Matlock said:
You play boxarts.

You play sales numbers.

You play PR spin.

You play reviews.

You play screenshots.

You play videos.

Well that kind of goes without saying doesn't it?

If people on the forum were actually playing games, it would be an empty forum.

Case solved Matlock !!!

Juice

Everyone knows that speculating about future consoles and anticipating new hardware became more fun than games themselves before PSX and N64 came out.

Mupepe

Banned
bill0527 said:
Well that kind of goes without saying doesn't it?

If people on the forum were actually playing games, it would be an empty forum.

Case solved Matlock !!!

I play games!!! I'm only on this damn forum at work. *Shakes fist at boring Halliburton* At home it's all games and no sleep. Actually, I barely have time to play games now, only on the weekends. =(

Bebpo

Banned
I only post while playing games :) Every time there's a load screen or save point it's time to refresh!

Ironclad

Playing Riviera right now. With that said, I would rather be admiring the box art and reading Atlus' PR release. ;) Heh, not really, Riviera is fun.

I'm playing V for Vendetta, The Working Poor: Invisible in America, and The Patriot, Gangs of New York, and Once Upon a Time in the West.

Fuck video games until the release of Sigma Star Saga and the GBA Micro. I just don't have time for that shit. :/

achilles

Are most of the gamers the lurkers?

Right now for me it's Wind Waker, God of War, and Killer 7(I think I have a case of ADD...can't...focus..). mmmm yeah what a busy summer :)

Tarazet

I fired up Planescape: Torment for the first time earlier tonight. For not having played a PC game since the Amiga days, I acclimated to it pretty quickly. The writing in this game is absolutely first-rate.

Speevy

Banned
Playing

-Brothers in Arms
-Zelda Four Swords Adventures
-Phantom Dust (almost done, not too many missions left)
-Broken Sword: The Sleeping Dragon
-Outrun 2 (Gah, I suck at this game. I mean, I really suck)
-Viewtiful Joe 2

After I beat/get tired of those, I think I'll take a break from gaming until I buy my PS2.

FiRez

Wario64 said:
it's true
no one in the halo 2 gaf clan is ever online

at least we have our box arts without greatest hits labels!

WHAT?
I was tired of waiting some friends to play on the new maps, that I fired up Quake 3 Arena.

I've got Kirby Canvas Curse up to 99.2% completion, I just need to get A ranks on Level 3 of the Subgames (which are a major pain).

I also cracked open a copy of DBZ Budokai 2 for the GCN I got for $10 at CC the other day, it's got some amusing aspects, even if non-combo movements are a bit slow, and I already went through the Tutorial and a bit of Dragon World.

Your words sting like cordorouys to the butthole in spring, mysterious Matlock.

Every time I read about another God-forsaken MMORPG or massively multiplayer WWII FPS I get shocked back another console generation - as it is I'm playing Dragon Warrior IV on the NES with a grin on my face. I imagine by the time the PS3 and XB360 come out I'll be drooling over Vanguard on the Atari 2600.

Pachinko

It's true, the horrid deep dark secret of the gaming age forums is open now for all to see with their own eyes. Nobody here actually plays games anymore becuase bitching about them amongst peers has become a more addictive process. Sure we buy games, we try em out but then it's back to the good old internet to vent frustrations we have on the 5 minutes we just played of Game X. We'd need 36 hour days to actually game as much as we should be if lived up to the "gamer" monicker.

Some people like us deny themselves the internet addiction and instead simply think new games are bad and relish playing stuff they liked from the age of 6-16 pretending games stopped being made at that point in time. Of course this isnt' really true , games are much better now then they ever were , most of us are too old and jaded to try and like them though.

This thread oughtta be stickied.

Daigoro

the disease:

Matlock said:
You play boxarts.

You play sales numbers.

You play PR spin.

You play reviews.

You play screenshots.

You play videos.

the cure:

Battlefield_2_Cover_gross.jpg

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
I cant get on live anymore so thats why i dont play Halo 2, I do play games though, i was playing Advent Rising all yesturday.

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
I play Halo every fuckin day, check my XBL name, icebergisonfire. PM me if you want to get murdered

Boogie9IGN

Matlock said:
You play boxarts.

You play sales numbers.

You play PR spin.

You play reviews.

You play screenshots.

You play videos.

th236519821.jpg

sammy

Matlock said:
You play boxarts.

You play sales numbers.

You play PR spin.

You play reviews.

You play screenshots.

You play videos.

'cause GAF is one of the best fucking "non-games" to hit since photoshop....

123rl

nas said:
Are most of the gamers the lurkers?

I fall into this category. I'm currently playing between God Of War and DMC3, and late-night sessions of Meteos. I play games for about 2-3 hours a day.

See the first post for the reasons the games forum doesn't appeal to me any more

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
I play lots of games but this forum replaced my job to an extent, I can't play games at work, but I can argue about them at work.

dog$

Hates quality gaming
Let's see who's winning the GAF game, from those who participated here.

As of 6:36 AM 7/9/2005, EST*

Wario64 33.58
Mupepe 22.81
Ninja Scooter 17.63
olimario 14.69
Mejilan 14.15
Speevy 11.22
Ghost 9.92
Drinky Crow 9.87
catfish 8.43
Gek54 8.05
DopeyFish 7.84
Ironclad_Ninja 7.84
Borys 7.79
trippingmartian 7.64
FiRez 7.51
sonarrat 7.43
Bebpo 6.31
Matlock 5.53
Agent Icebeezy 5.04
The Take Out Bandit 4.60
teepo 3.77
SatelliteOfLove 3.52
Boogie9IGN 3.06
dog$ 2.89
sammy 2.49
Kulock 2.34
Juice 2.33
Pachinko 1.86
Daigoro 1.40
123rl 1.12
Apenheul 0.86
Mr Nash 0.57
bill0527 0.52
Sea-Dragon 0.17
nas 0.14
Taichu 0.13

Not bad, Matlock.

*will not be updating this

Mupepe

Banned
That son of a bitch Wario is ahead of me! :p I spend way too much time on here... And I get paid for it! Yay

123rl

When the forum is running well it's good fun discussing games here. People can laugh and joke about things and still have mature talks about games. But it's almost always ruined by the idiots and fanboys

iapetus

Scary Euro Man
Matlock said:

Hey, you may be too busy whining and trolling to game, but me I've just put down a New Game+ of Chrono Trigger, and I'm off to play some SMT: Lucifer's Call.

Chittagong

Gold Member
I've been playing Halo 2 online for the last two weeks 2-3 h every night and I can confirm Wario64's observation.

Except Wario64 playing campaign in Halo 2, some other dude playing Conker and someone playing Poker, no GAF people are playing their Xbox.

Now I've stopped playing Halo 2 online since my ranks went down too much due to cheating. I've e-mailed them gamertags and links to the games even, but they still haven't banned the guys. If they manage to fix it, I might be back.

human5892

Queen of Denmark
I wonder what the hell I've been doing with that PS2 controller then...

I would also submit that the Gaming forum is a game. We're all playing right now.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
yesterday we had a group killer 7 session till about midnight. It was good times.

.hacked

tonight are you going to take turns hitting each other on the toes with a hammer?

Should be equally as fun.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
.hacked said:
tonight are you going to take turns hitting each other on the toes with a hammer?

Should be equally as fun.

That was last week

tonight its bowling.

Dr_Cogent

Banned
Matlock said:
You play boxarts.

You play sales numbers.

You play PR spin.

You play reviews.

You play screenshots.

You play videos.