• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Gaming Forum doesn't play games

jett

D-Member
True. The gaming forum is kind of dying too. I've noticed that lately the OT has been getting more threads and posts. :p

Amir0x

Banned
I just beat Riviera, and I beat Kirby a little while back. I also beat Conker, but that was super fast. I purchased Meteos too, although that hasn't 'grabbed' me yet.

Besides that, consoles have had a fairly week past few weeks so I haven't really been doin' much of that. This summer has been weak for jobs for me, so besides my other obligation I've had a lot of freetime. And foruming is an addiction, don't let anyone fool you!

Deg

Banned
Buy this all of you:

Battlefield_2_Cover_gross.jpg

GOTY

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Now I've stopped playing Halo 2 online since my ranks went down too much

Hey Chittagong, you are a smart poster - why the fuck do you care what number your rank is? Mine are all over the place - depending what matchmaking type - and I have never once cared what it is past like, 7. If it's too low, I get to own folks for a bit and when it gets too high I enjoy a slap on the wrists from RainMan style superfreaks. What's the problem?

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
jett said:
True. The gaming forum is kind of dying too. I've noticed that lately the OT has been getting more threads and posts. :p

If games would come out... then the gaming thread would be popping...

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
Well, I'm playing, just not anything new. Right now it's a steady diet of Super Metroid (which I saw for the 1st time in S-Video just last night), Street Fighter III on LIVE, Alundra, and various Saturn shmups. All my "current" gen stuff is collecting dust.

brocke

Banned
I play games. My tv is currently broken though and in for repairs. Battlefield 2 just isn't doing enough for me on my pc atm.

Yeah, I never play games.

Had to move things about a little to get everything in shot, and it won't be the most you've ever seen but this is the state of my bedroom:

Everything I could possibly want access to in my bedroom (Coke > Pepsi) -
systems.jpg

Some games -
games1.jpg

Stuff that was sitting in a nearby draw out of shot -
games2.jpg

My copy of Four Swords Adventures is leant out to someone and I don't know who. Same thing with a few other games... I'd better sort that out actually.

I still haven't recovered from my trade-in debacle (In 1996 I swapped a SNES and Megadrive/Genesis with 20+ games each... in return I got a PlayStation and FIFA 96). A few years later, I was going about my business when I suddenly collapsed with heart palpatations and fucking wept openly.

Meteos arrived on Thursday (which was my birthday by the way - age 22!) --- it's brilliant! It's not the kind of awe that I sit in when something wows me with pretty visuals/audio... I just start playing, then look up at the clock and realise I've lost a couple of hours. It's insane! The stats screen has already let me know that I'm playing it too much already.

If anyone ever wants to sell some SEGA stuff, drop me a PM or post a thread so I can check it out.

The cube isn't in shot cos it's still downstairs, where it was when I took these pictures:

mariobrosontv.jpg

cube.jpg

jerrymaguire said:
no cosplay?

measmario.jpg

Ramirez

Most of them play,it's just a "flavor of the week" type deal though,the Halo 2 clan had like 100 people in it,and within a week it was down to like 10 people who actually played :lol

Yup, GAF has too much money to play one game for a long period of time. Youve seen their collections. Only gamers I trust on this forum are the financially poor ones.

Bishman

MrAngryFace said:
Yup, GAF has too much money to play one game for a long period of time. Youve seen their collections. Only gamers I trust on this forum are the financially poor ones.
So true. How do you guys have money to buy so many damn games?! :lol

belgurdo

Banned
Bishman said:
So true. How do you guys have money to buy so many damn games?! :lol

Aren't a lot of people here industry guys (hence the reason this forum seems to get news very quickly too?) I think a lot of other people are computer techs and high position office workers and shit too. Disposable income to da max

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
B0007XOPL0.08.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Wutchu talkin 'bout Willis?

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
belgurdo said:
Aren't a lot of people here industry guys (hence the reason this forum seems to get news very quickly too?) I think a lot of other people are computer techs and high position office workers and shit too. Disposable income to da max

Well, being married and a father of 2 here in NYC, my disposable income is nil. Let's just say that I do a lot of covert purchasing and Ebay is my drug. And friends that let me use their Ebay accounts are the worst kind of pushers. :)

Matlock said:
You play boxarts.

You play sales numbers.

You play PR spin.

You play reviews.

You play screenshots.

You play videos.

Who actually games? Not this forum.

The prosecution rests its case.

Meh. I have video proof: me playing games.

http://www.gameswelike.com/web/monkeyball/monkeyball1.htm

http://www.gameswelike.com/web/monkeyball/monkeyball2.htm

http://www.gameswelike.com/web/burnout.htm

http://www.gameswelike.com/web/castlevania.htm

http://www.gameswelike.com/web/re/RE Video.htm

Where's yours?

MrAngryFace said:

I'm here for you, MAF.

fartblast

Banned
I have a Cube w/ 3 games and I'll play it like 5 hours a week at most, if that. Sold my Xbox because I was tired of having a Halo player when I wasn't playing Halo :lol

I'm hoping that by getting a PS2 w/ DMC3, not to mention the killer lineup that system has, that I'll be playing games a lot more. But yeah I do spend more time reading about games than actually playing them, which makes me wonder if I truly love playing them anymore. =\

Ranger X

belgurdo said:
Disposable income to da max

Oh shit i wish.
I'm still having to choose where to use my money. I buy less clothes than most people and i get out less often. I'm also not travelling (i would if i was richer). Disposable income will have a rendez-vous with me in a couple of years when "lead" is going to be written in front of my position name. ;)

Top Bottom