• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Great Debate: Torta, or Burrito?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vlaphor

Just realized that I didn't vote. I'm burritos 4 lyfe. When I went back to my home town a few years ago, the first place I went to was my old burrito shop to see if it was still up and running. If I have a three burrito day, I'll post about it on Facebook. Sometimes when I play Civ 5, I call my religion "Burrito".

Tortas are fine, but if I had to pick between one or the other, the burrito will win every time without hesitation.

God dammit. I've never had a torta. I cook all kinds of mexican food, like 3 times a week, and love it to death... So i'm embarrassed to say I've never tasted the majesty of the torta. I'll have to find a place to get one asap. This thread has made that my mission.

rickyson1

Tortas pretty easily

although i've had a lot of burritos over the years some of them pretty bad and have only ever had a couple Tortas from high quality places so that probably biases me a bit

I do think if I had to eat a low quality one i'd probably prefer a low quality burrito to a low quality torta if that makes sense

but otherwise tortas all the way

Roge_NES

Tortas all the way.

Torta de Jamon
o.jpg

The most popular of them all, is the most common school lunch in Mexico.

Torta de Tamal
timthumb.php_.png

Self explanatory, it's a tamal inside a torta, boom.

Torta Cubana
bf69315bac1eb34c7bedfa7f17358e95.jpg

Pretty much the "Meat Lover Torta" it has everything from sausage, breaded chicken or beef, ham and a sunny side up egg.

Torta Ahogada (GOAT)
1243313.jpg

maruchan

As a mexican i don't think it's fair to pit them.

A torta is like an universal meal that is good at every time of the day, a burrito is something you eat when you're like hanging around with friends at night and go like "hey guys, let's go get burritos!", no one ever will pit you with the choice for one or the other.

Burritos vs Hotdogs is a more likely dilema.
I agree, burritos are not something you take the whole family to eat out.. if your from the north, the burrito is what you have for breakfast or lunch made from left overs from the day before...

Now gorditas ...

HOMEMADE+GORDITAS.jpg

Torta for sure.

Burritos are bomb, too. But a torta de carnitas? Something about that bread and meat combo that just sets my taste buds offffff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom