• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last Faith - A Dark Gothic Metroidvania

Kazza

I think a lot of people are burnt out on indie metroidvanias by now, so a new one perhaps isn't the most exciting prospect, but this one does look a bit special:

I like how they have gone for a 32-bit like pixel art presentation, rather than the usual 8/16-bit style. While I don't mind the later, I feel there were already so many 2D games during that period that I'd prefer indie devs to concentrate more on 32-bit style (more colour, sprites, animation, scaling etc), as 2D games were relatively neglected in favour of 3D back then. I'm sure it takes more time and skill, which is why so many opt for 8-bit pixel art, but The Last Faith looks fantastic.

ab77474b8668584bed27b6de48d94dcc_original.gif

3cce368526168709ff424ffb2b8338e6_original.gif

88b2c124dec03d7b07c63a26d013cd34_original.gif

da3326b8f36f2ff9d5d3d2c7a9361747_original.gif

The kickstarter has already achieved $220k (4 times the goal) with just over two days left to go.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
loose the souls-like BS and i'm in
metroid like games are good because you build towards being some demi-god at the end.

if it's like souls and it's me basically running against a brick wall to get an inch further. I could not care less.
Too many games to play and i value my time.

Last edited:

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Looks amazing, I'll play this on the Switch.

Top Bottom