• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us Part I |OT| You know Ellie, we really are worth 70 dollars

Hugare

Its downright criminal how ND droped any support for this game

Still no patch fixing performance issues (40 FPS mode) or the broken DRS (Digital Foundry said the resolution is locked)

Conspiracy time: maybe its because the game was 90% created by that support studio, not ND, and thats why they arent supporting it as much as their other releases? Hmm

Just got to Bill’s town

It’s amazing how these areas are so vastly improved that they feel unfamiliar. It’s like you’re re-exploring them but it feels like the first time again

That’s when you know it’s a good remake

Btw… the pacing in TLOU1 is so much better than part 2 it’s insane. Just like UC2

ND went way overboard with the walk n talk for UC4 and part 2
Neil Druckman wanted to practice filling out an entire TV series' worth of dialogue vs the ~30 minutes of cutscenes (total) in TLOU1

Loving this so far, but does anyone else feel that Ellie’s animation is a bit wonky?
Do you mean overall, or do you mean something specific like facial animation?

Just finished the remake. Man, that ending to Left Behind hits like a truck. Hopeful and sad and, dare I say, very HOOMAN.

Now to go back and perfect Ellie's mental arcade game so I can get the Platinum and move on to Part 2.

TuFaN

The remake itself is great, I love it a lot. But the Pricetag is insane. This shows that even Naughty Dog is just a company and their priority is milking their customers.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
The game really holds up still, and I still prefer this to the sequel in the way it unfolds, story, and characters in general are better.
Also shocked they didn't add any references to the Left Behind DLC like they did in the TV show.
Feels odd now with Ellie's curiosity with Bills mags since in place.
Maybe she is bi 😂

medicgame

Banned
The Last of Us Part 1 is Readily Accessible Early

The Last of Us Part 1: Some gamers have been playing The Last of Us Part 1 before its September 2 release date. The Last of Us debuted in 2013 and quickly became a classic. Sony’s Naughty Dog exclusives like Crash Bandicoot and Uncharted were eclipsed by the zombie game.

How Can the Last of Us Part 1 be Played Early?​

The Last of Us Part 1: The Last of Us has been rumored for a long time. Neil Druckmann’s Summer Game Fest surprise was spoiled. The crew managed to keep the remake under wraps despite it being unveiled less than three months ago.
u/Timely-Badger-2975 said on the Last of Us subreddit, “Nice f**k-up by a retailer." 3 days early.” OP’s copy of The Last of Us, Part 1 arrived before the September 2 release date. The game originates from the Netherlands’ Mediamarkt.

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
Started replaying for the 20th time in anticipation for the 2 remaster

yUjAOXN.jpg
X8TDQDt.jpg
ctO3GoP.jpg
Saeg477.jpg
VQDvfLY.jpg

ucS4wCx.jpg

n9rE88Y.jpg

Say what you will, but I think they did a phenomenal job on this. It is much more than some facelift.

**Also it might be my 80th time running through, but man does it reinforce how much more I prefer Baker's best No Country For Old Men Josh Brolin impression/performance compared to fucking Pedro who I find just the completely wrong fit (and not a very good actor overall), just like just about everything else with that show.

Last edited:

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
Great shots Chuck Berry Chuck Berry

I was waiting for a sale on this, and finally got it. Started it today and Holy shit at the lighting upgrade.

I can still see the old game underneath but man, ND artists are insane.

Thanks man! Might be my favorite franchise when it comes to snappin pics lol

And it isnt just the lighting (even though that alone is jaw dropping), the whole package is pretty awesome. More than just some simple res bump and texture touch ups.

It made coming back to it feel incredibly fresh despite finishing it a dozen times.

And man, that weapon upgrading system

michael fassbender perfection GIF

Top Bottom