• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us Remake Gameplay has leaked

Draugoth

Gold Member
Finally, we can see what the gameplay looks like:

Image is a little washed out because of HDR

Settings:

neZCjVs.jpeg
4gRAYZ9.jpg

FPrrj40.jpeg
S1430005.JPG

More Pics:

kZ4CVQB.jpeg
tFInhb.png

ocyr5Vu.jpeg
6qGaKKt.jpeg

Last edited:

Dizzan

MINI Member
Definitely buying this. I tried to play it on PS4 but couldn't work out the clickers and gave up.

If anyone can provide some advice? It was extremely frustrating for this time poor dad gamer.

Vick

Image is a little washed out because of HDR
As BigbyTheSheriff BigbyTheSheriff said in the other Thread, just select 1088p from the videos options and watch them completely transform in terms of gamma, exposure and color.

Still looks worse than TLoUII, and probably i won't get this. TLoU is perfect as it is to me thanks to its art direction, and i simply never really liked Joel new model (who also walks in a weird manner in this remake according to the footage).

Now if it had prone mechanics and other significant changes, probably i would have bought it D1 because i love the game and would have welcomed an alternative version, but this simple reskin? Not at full price, that's for sure.

Sad to say, but this whole release basically confirms Naughty Dog are dead to me at this point.

Vick

Something that MGSV's gameplay vastly improved upon.

The Last of Us controlling anywhere near that level would be heaven.
What a weird take. For what it wanted to accomplish, the fluid and seamless controls in TLoU are perfect. Take Evil Within and its sequel for instance, very similar but if played right after TLoU (but even months/years apart for that matter) it simply makes you want to smash your balls with an hammer for how rigid and unresponsive and clunky it is.
Wanting MGSV kind of controls in this game is borderline nonsense, as nothing would work in the game.

I mean imagine a Factions match in TLoU with MGSV controls.. would be open season on you.

bender

What time is it?
I'm sure it is an improvement and I haven't booted the PS4 version in a long time, but this is exactly how I remember TLOU looking in my head and that's a good thing. But as much as I like the game, I just don't want to run through it again. Give me my Bill side story you cowards!

What a weird take. For what it wanted to accomplish, the fluid and seamless controls in TLoU are perfect. Take Evil Within and its sequel for instance, very similar but if played right after TLoU (but even months/years apart for that matter) it simply makes you want to smash your balls with an hammer for how rigid and unresponsive and clunky it is.
Wanting MGSV kind of controls in this game is borderline nonsense, as nothing would work in the game.

I mean imagine a Factions match in TLoU with MGSV controls.. would be open season on you.

It would be a heavenly open season. MGSV has the best stealth gameplay I've ever had the fortune of playing in my entire life. And that's not only including the entire stealth genre, that's including the horror stealth games and action games that feature stealth.

However, I need to make clear that just because I'm saying this, I don't mean that The Last of Us has bad gameplay. The Last of Us 1 and 2 have A level quality gameplay mechanics. MGSV's gameplay is simply at an S+

solidus12

Animations seem weird, it looks fan made almost; I hope this is an earlier build because that gameplay looks bad, really bad, and I'am a HUGE fan of the first game.

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
To be fair, this was mostly a Bend/VAS project, a few folks from ND took over near the end. I think they just put their name on it, most of the work was done by VAS, from what Jason Schrier said. Not shocked it doesnt have the typical ND swag.

Joel's animations, his revolver, his backpack... it looks so bad compared to the original, and Part II (bloater boss fight)
Oh, well that part yes. You can see a little animation error when he pulls out his bow in the second clip. I just assume it will be fixed before launch.

GooseMan69

I was actually extremely excited for this. Not anymore. I thought it would be a Demon Souls esque remake. That ain’t no damn remake. It’s a port.

I love ND games, including TLOU Part II. I don’t know what the fuck happened here. Did they put their C team on this? Christ.

Last edited:

Matsuchezz

The levels have been modified they seem more wide to accommodate the new combat melee systems, I hope everything is tighter in higher difficulty settings. The videos are low quality I will wait for a direct feed. I hate the leaks the spoil all the fun before hand.

Top Bottom