• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us Remake Gameplay has leaked

Barrico82

Banned
Are they really gonna charge 70$ for the same game again ! This is really just a patch for the graphics, what low can Sony falls below this ?

I think in the future they will charge for patches for their games, my expectations were low and yet this is far below than it !

Banjo64

cumsessed
This isn’t the ambitious and efficient studio that made Uncharted 2 and TLOU. We haven’t even seen anything more than artwork for Factions which is many years in development

Good luck on getting a new single player game from them before 2027
I’m lucky because I haven’t played Lost Legacy yet, and I’m going to play it on my day off on Friday. So I still have something fresh from them to play.

Tragic to see what ND has become though, I’m genuinely worried. Their PS3 heyday of U1-3 and TLOU was simply incredible.

The studio was in much better shape when they still had Straley and Hennig. It’s been said to death, but a minority was determined that we should wait and see how things pan out with Druckmann despite the warning signs.

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
This looks considerably better than how I remember it. Usually, that's not the case in these remakes.

"These remakes".

maxresdefault.jpg

content_FF_comparison.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

I watched the videos and have been replaying the enhanced or whatever edition on PS5.

I’m not seeing it. It doesn’t look different enough for the asking price.

If it was a $40 refresh I’d understand but you can’t fix stupid.

And I’m talking about you.

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
This project probably took less than 30 million to make, so if they can sell over 2 million copies within the first year on PC and PS5, then that would be a major success, even though the marketing for this game was a total mess and the price tag is ridiculous.

They should honestly just sell this game for 40 or 50 bucks.

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
Hey, guys.

This looks cheap, hastily made, and ND doing more of those "intentionally misleading," trailers. The intentionally misleading part is the idea that they had more than 5k budget and give a fuck and made a game that isn't the remake of the remaster of the game.

J3nga

This looks so unnecessary, plays like original, AI is still dumb fucko, this is by any means not worth the full price. Shame on you Sony for wasting resources on redundant projects and charging full price for it. This is coming from a die hard TLOU fan.

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
This project probably took less than 30 million to make, so if they can sell over 2 million copies within the first year on PC and PS5, then that would be a major success, even though the marketing for this game was a total mess and the price tag is ridiculous.

They should honestly just sell this game for 40 or 50 bucks.

More like 5 million.

makaveli60

Watching the videos I was afraid that something is wrong with me because I thought it didn’t even look as good as TLoU2. I was under the assumption that this remake will play and look the same as TLoU2. They even told us so. So they are trying to scam us by not showing gameplay and lying while asking for full price. Fuck these companies and fuck this industry, it’s dead.

Ansphn

Should’ve given it to Bluepoint, let them go at it for a couple more years and call it The Last of Us Reimagined, do an alternative ending with the likely consequence that Joel is living, and enjoy people throwing money at then.
No thanks. Why when Bluepiont can concentrate on Bloodborne?

EDMIX

More like 5 million.

agreed. If its simply put in a new engine, new models and using the PS5 controller features, I can't see it going past a few million.

If it indeed used the new AI from The Last Of Us 2, all the gameplay features, then maybe I can see a 30 million type thing, if if those leaks are true, then I think 5 million or so is far to say thats likely what this cost. Its a very odd choice to even keep that dated gameplay. So more then enough is done that its out of the realm of a remaster as its not simple a resolution and frame bump, but gameplay features are not put to The Last Of Us 2 standards either ala RE2, RE3 or Metal Gear Solid Twin Snakes.

So...this would still be a remake, simply lessor in some areas, more in other areas. From what I can see, in those leaks, this makes more sense for $50 or even $40 then it does $70 as clearly its not 100% everything that is changed. My only issue with The Last Of Us 1 really was the gameplay, with no prone and many of those Last Of Us 2 features missing, this has now become a wait for a sale and or buy used. (I have no issue with those who wish to buy it day 1 and I'd still recommended it to those who never played the first as by default this would be the one to play imho)

Its like, so we waiting till PS6 to play The Last Of Us 1 remake of remake with The Last Of Us 2 features? By then folks will question why it didn't use The Last Of Us 3 features lol

Watching the videos I was afraid that something is wrong with me because I thought it didn’t even look as good as TLoU2. I was under the assumption that this remake will play and look the same as TLoU2. They even told us so. So they are trying to scam us by not showing gameplay and lying while asking for full price. Fuck these companies and fuck this industry, it’s dead.
YUP ..When it was first leaked that they were Remaking it, most thought "it's unnecessary but at least it's going to look INSANE" but the bars been getting dropped lower and lower until we're at this point.

"It's going to be a ps5 showcase that at least improves the gameplay, maybe adds in a couple new scenarios" > "it'll be last of us 1 with last of us 2 graphics and gameplay, druckman even said so, plus Sony's got these features listed on the store page" "looks a bit worse than LoU2, no revamped gameplay, Joel looks weird and animations are really reminding me of the remaster" ...

GooseMan69

So looking at pad layout: no prone button, no dodge button, nothing new from TLOU2

Looking at gameplay: no motion blending, same melee animations as PS3 version (a little touched up I guess), unchanged level design..

God this seems to be an even worse scam than I thought lmao.

I can’t believe it. It’s the same exact gameplay lmao. Animations literally look 1:1 with the PS3 version. It’s uncanny because it does look prettier but then it has these animations that are quite literally two generations behind.

I think they spent all their time and budget on the cutscenes, which have aged fine anyway. So, so disappointing. And I’m not just trying to pile on ND. I love all of their games. It’s shocking to see them drop the ball like this on a technical level.

Last edited:

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
As usual, dumb Sony doesn't advertise any of their stuff so Jason, Tom, Snitch or a Nick leak it instead.

They keep everything a secret until last minute. Idiots.
What secret?

When something like this gets leaked then literally anyone knows about it. It's free advertisement.

drezz

Apart from graphics, res and faces... I've only seen Joel COCK his handgun when aiming it at enemies, and the table upgrade as... new lou2 mechanics

Elios83

I've finished the game twice and I wasn't planning on buying this because it's the same game and same situations I totally know.
I think in general this is a stop gap project that has the purpose to let Naughty Dog do their practice on PS5 hardware with something that has a return and to introduce a new generation of gamers to the series (and this is especially true with the HBO series releasing early next year).
It's also for longtime fans who want to play the best possible version of the original game.
I also think this will go to PS+ Extra/Premium next year so if you don't want to pay 70$ at launch just wait.

drezz

So no MP thropies, guess the platinum will be a bit different then the other two.

One from PS3
One from PS4
And now..
One from PS5
Yeeah that sounds nice, but damn what a price tag.

What was lou1 remaster's price tag on release? I remember buying that day one cause of 60fps for MP.

Lmao what a joke of a studio ND is these days. Two years, one de-make and that's all that's coming for a foreseeable future. I mean FFS unironically the previous remake looks better due to the bizarre new textures which don't fit the game at all.

I'm sure stans ITT and elsewhere will keep licking their feet until they get bored after ND doesn't release anything for 5-6 years.

Topher

Gold Member
ND Fandom is a cult worst them Nintendo Fandom and thats saying something ... Im a big Last of Us 1 fan ... It is my favorite game of all time ... but is ridiculous

Being a fan of Naughty Dog's or Nintendo's games makes someone part of a cult? lol....ok

Being a fan of Naughty Dog's or Nintendo's games makes someone part of a cult? lol....ok
No, just defending things like intentionally hiding information about this two year in developement full priced re-remake which now looks like a demake makes someone part of a cult.

And seeing that you felt the need to reply, I'm sure you share that sentiment, right?

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
So... ND basically pulled off a Bluepoint and made a remake without touching the game's code at all? Just upgrading graphics?

Bluepoint's made more sense since those games were older and, while not a fan of the changes in art direction, they are absolute lookers on their respective platforms. There's a world of difference between the remakes and the original games, and they were also smart enough to remake games that didn't play very well on their original systems, so aside from the graphics you also get a boost on the gameplay side thanks to the increased framerate and resolution.

But this one... I dunno man. The remaster already looked great on the PS4 and it also played perfectly. If there really aren't any gameplay improvements here then I see no reason to pay 70$ for this. Nor 40$ nor nothing tbh.

Topher

Gold Member
No, just defending things like intentionally hiding information about this two year in developement full priced re-remake which now looks like a demake makes someone part of a cult.

And seeing that you felt the need to reply, I'm sure you share that sentiment, right?

If this is not a remake like ND claims then they deserved to get trashed for it. But prior to this ND has done nothing but make kickass games as far as I'm concerned. That doesn't make me part of a cult.

Last edited:

DonJorginho

Banned
I sincerely hope so, not only the gore but the enemies gargling to their death and all the macabre sounds effects.

I want to see brain falling from the roof.
Judging by the gameplay it sadly does not, saw multiple headshots do nothing but red splatter on the face texture, multiple leg and arm shots did nothing like they do to enemies in TLOU II, the enemy just stands still, the melee is also the same as the OG all the way down to the exact same PS3 animations.

Also there were no macabre sound effects like there were in II judging off the gameplay seen.

Last edited:
If this is not a remake like ND claims then they deserved to get trashed for it. But prior to this ND has done nothing but make kickass games as far as I'm concerned. That doesn't make me part of a cult.
People ITT are presumably talking about the information ITT. If you feel like talking about other topics there are other threads available.
No idea why you are getting so defensive when people call out ND based on ITT information.

Last edited:
Top Bottom