• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The leaked Podesta Emails have a lot of stuff about ETIs and UFOs in them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, if aliens were real, and have visited us, what would change? We clearly have not advanced from their technology, and if the US military is holding some of it's secrets underhand for a dramatic reveal, that shit has taken too long. People would still starve, Russia would still be the worlds anus, and Assasins Creed would still be released every year.

How can you even say any of that? Let's say that they have visited us and have helped us along with technology, who are you to decide what is and isn't advanced enough to be considered alien?

What if the tech to make the Stealth Bomber was given to us by aliens? Or the tech used to get to the moon? Technology has grown exponentially over the past 50-60 years, we have computers that fit in our watches that are more powerful than computers the size of houses used to be. In a hypothetical world where aliens seeded our technology what's to say that every major advance that we played off as our own wasn't actually alien in origin? The speed that we're advancing our tech could be because of alien help, maybe without them we'd be going way slower?

It's not like an alien in the 50s could just give us an iPhone and we'd have any idea of what it was or how to use it or replicate it.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
This is either complete bullshit or we will die.

Nothing more than your typical UFO nut with a higher than average position. I'm sure there are other people in power who have questions as well... hell I bet you some presidents in the past have believed in various paranormal things. Doesn't really change much IMO, unless they were wasting significant tax dollars on something like that. I have a ton of friends who are believers in various things wether it be ghosts, illuminati, etc. Hell one of my best friends is so convinced the illuminati controls the world. It's hilarious.

Crazyorloco

I truly think these emails are real, especially if you know about Podesta. He's been on record and talked about Extraterrestrial life before. Some of the emails just sound like they'll talking about a movie project since they reference Steven speilberg...

I love how Hillary does not deny the validity of the emails, just that it's wrong that they're released.

I think the emails are certainly real, but I'm not particularly impressed by what's posted in the OP.

Edgar Mitchell, Tom Delonge, Podesta... these people are (or were) all openly into UFO's. If there was meatier stuff from high ranking officers etc about sightings and whatnot I'd be more impressed. Unless I'm missing something?

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
On his way back to Earth during the Apollo 14 flight he had a powerful savikalpa samādhi experience,[13] and also claimed to have conducted private ESP experiments with his friends on Earth.[14] The results of said experiments were published in the Journal of Parapsychology in 1971.[15] He was the founder of the Institute of Noetic Sciences (IONS) for the purpose of consciousness research and other "related phenomena".[16] On the Opie and Anthony radio show, Buzz Aldrin described a psychic communication experiment that Mitchell conducted during the Apollo 14 flight, wherein Mitchell attempted to transmit information to participants on Earth.[

[]

Mitchell claimed that a teenage remote healer living in Vancouver and using the pseudonym "Adam Dreamhealer" helped him heal kidney cancer from a distance. Mitchell said that while he never had a biopsy, "I had a sonogram and MRI that was consistent with renal carcinoma." Adam worked (distantly) on Mitchell from December 2003 until June 2004, when the "irregularity was gone and we haven't seen it since".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edgar_Mitchell#Remote_healing

Craycray

Pocks

Crazy hat time.

What if the government has know about aliens for a long time and has been seeding popular culture with tidbits of truth for decades to prepare the public for inevitable disclosure?

This is essentially the exact plot of the book Armada by Ernest Cline. Interestingly, the film rights were sold to Universal, parent company of DreamWorks which Spielberg co-founded. Spielberg is also directing the movie adaptation of Ready Player One, also by Ernest Cline.

squidyj

Crazy hat time.

What if the government has know about aliens for a long time and has been seeding popular culture with tidbits of truth for decades to prepare the public for inevitable disclosure?

that just makes anything you say sound ridiculous.

"Aliens are real and they have lightsabers"
"This Is real life, not Star Wars President Clinton"

I think at this point if they revealed themselves our reaction would be "oh cool!" instead of freaking out. Humans are weird like that.

I always wonder what kind of impact would have on humanity if ETI is confirmed. Some people will freak the fuck out, others won't believe anything
(oh the irony, right?)
, the religious people would certainly be the most fun to watch.

Please be real.

EDIT: This happened a few days ago here in Argentina. Farmers said that it could be easily done by a human, but the weird thing is that there are no tracks or marks, and that kind of work would certainly leave traces.
Yes, it does look like a penis.
No, it's not from "Signs".

FileAccessHandler.ashx

barit

The half disclosure is already in full swing since 10 years roughly if you pay attention to such things. Only the mainstream media refuses to report about it and that's why many people think it's all bogus (at least in the west. I think South America for example is more open to it). Yes strange stuff happens at our skies that can't be explained with rational theories, get used to it.

Haunted

I always wonder what kind of impact would have on humanity if ETI is confirmed. Some people will freak the fuck out, others won't believe anything
(oh the irony, right?)

Please be real.

EDIT: This happened a few days ago here in Argentina. Farmers said that it could be easily done by a human, but the weird thing is that there are no tracks or marks, and that kind of work would certainly leave traces.

FileAccessHandler.ashx
steam-logo-vector-wallpaper-2.jpg

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Simple call the number at the end of Tom's email if it is him then source confirmed? .. may Tom Cruise save us all.

Torokil

As a November surprise Hillary will unveil her true lizard form and Trump will reveal he is Hitler who was cryogenically frozen by the Greys after escaping to Argentina.

Horseticuffs

Full werewolf off the buckle
Wonder what aliens think about capitalism

I would like to think that any species able to reach us would have to had mastered Cornucopia tech/ Molecular Assembly in order to survive the vast gulf of space. Clearly, if they are space faring it would be nothing to them to either just create the resources they need or mine them from asteroids.

What I mean to say in all this is that I really don't think that a species still following an economic system like ours could survive long enough to get to where they must be to even discover us.

Of course, I'm just a layman so I'm just pulling that out of my ass but it is this reason why I don't believe we have contact with aliens. I do believe that math bears out that they HAVE existed, DO exist, or WILL exist. Throughout the entire lifespan of the universe there will probably be billions of sentient species. I honestly believe, though, that it is extremely unlikely given the distances we are talking about, as well as the age of the universe, that anyone else exists right now at a distance that we will ever meet each other.

Writing this shit out and reading it back makes me feel like a crazy person.

Audioboxer

A farmer should create a HL3 crop circle. It would be the best troll ever played on the internet as Valve would probably "no comment" due to the hysteria around HL3 and Valves terrible modern attitude of never acknowledging anything to do with it. Brilliant marketing or a troll? Internet decides. And if Valve are reading this on GAF, maybe you should employ the farmer to do it ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Croatoan

They/Them A-10 Warthog
(oh the irony, right?)

Please be real.

FileAccessHandler.ashx

The biggest problem will be the lawsuits. Ranchers will likely try to sue the shit out of the US Gov (and the aliens) for cattle mutilations (even if the aliens had nothing to do with them). Abductees will try to do the same thing (even if they are full of shit). Other people will sue because of being lied to.

Religions will debate where these aliens fit in. If these aliens are attractive humanoids they might even claim they are angels or something (who fucking knows).

There is a high probability that racism shifts towards aliens and humanity pulls itself together.

I would like to think that any species able to reach us would have to had mastered Cornucopia tech/ Molecular Assembly in order to survive the vast gulf of space. Clearly, if they are space faring it would be nothing to them to either just create the resources they need or mine them from asteroids.

What I mean to say in all this is that I really don't think that a species still following an economic system like ours could survive long enough to get to where they must be to even discover us.

Of course, I'm just a layman so I'm just pulling that out of my ass but it is this reason why I don't believe we have contact with aliens. I do believe that math bears out that they HAVE existed, DO exist, or WILL exist. Throughout the entire lifespan of the universe there will probably be billions of sentient species. I honestly believe, though, that it is extremely unlikely given the distances we are talking about, as well as the age of the universe, that anyone else exists right now at a distance that we will ever meet each other.

Writing this shit out and reading it back makes me feel like a crazy person.

Capitalism will mostly die in a post scarcity society. Humanity will be post scarcity when we start mining the asteroid belt and other planets in our solar system. You are correct in assuming any ETI capable of reaching us would be post scarcity. This is also why they would likely not be hostile.

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
How can you even say any of that? Let's say that they have visited us and have helped us along with technology, who are you to decide what is and isn't advanced enough to be considered alien?

What if the tech to make the Stealth Bomber was given to us by aliens? Or the tech used to get to the moon? Technology has grown exponentially over the past 50-60 years, we have computers that fit in our watches that are more powerful than computers the size of houses used to be. In a hypothetical world where aliens seeded our technology what's to say that every major advance that we played off as our own wasn't actually alien in origin? The speed that we're advancing our tech could be because of alien help, maybe without them we'd be going way slower?

It's not like an alien in the 50s could just give us an iPhone and we'd have any idea of what it was or how to use it or replicate it.

We have sci fi, man.

Hasn't the point of aliens always been that they're a lot further ahead in terms of tech?

If we can dream up better shit than what aliens have given us then that's disappointing.

Croatoan

They/Them A-10 Warthog
We have sci fi, man.

Hasn't the point of aliens always been that they're a lot further ahead in terms of tech?

If we can dream up better shit than what aliens have given us then that's disappointing.

Some of their technology would certainly be more advanced. I mean, to get to us would require technology, and an understanding of physics, that we currently just dream about. We could have some tech that they don't, or at least some stuff that would be of interest to them (probably cultural stuff).

I mean, humanity is kind of fascinating. We are capable of the greatest things, and the most deplorable things. An alien race might be fairly monochrome culturally, and be absolutely blown away by our sense of self and capabilities as a species. Even if we are behind them on the Kardashev scale.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Aliens are real we are not alone, ok cool.
still have my bills to pay, day to day might not change much but how do we function with this knowledge when we as a species can barely tolerate people with different skin colour/beliefs/viewpoints then us?

Why would the confirmation of ETI create panic? I think most people would ponder about it for a second, but unless there is an imminent encounter in the horizon, people would just continue their everyday lives. "Oh, so aliens exist? Cool, I guess".

I'd be over the moon, but I am a sci-fi and UFO -nut, so there.

We have sci fi, man.

Yes, but reconsider my iPhone example. If you went back to the early 1900s and gave someone an iPhone, what good would it do? Where would they plug it in? What would the plug it in with? What internet would it connect to? What cell towers? If they took it apart, how would they even know what they were looking at, much less replicate the technology inside?

Things have to be taken in steps, much like a human crawls before it walks before it runs. If aliens visited us they would obviously have some extraordinarily advanced technology, but they can't just drop it in our hands and expect us to know what to do with it. They have to seed us.

So in this example, aliens come and they give the government the microchip. Government can't turn around and go "Hey everyone look at this alien technology we were just given!" so instead they go "Hey look at this major scientific breakthrough we just made!" and so on and so forth until we get to the present.

You also have to consider where humanity itself is too. Giving 1920s America the power to cruise the stars, maybe not such a good idea. People were racist as hell. People are STILL racist as hell. If aliens were/are seeding our tech and guiding us along to catch up with them, we as a species might not be mentally mature enough for what we'd discover beyond Earth. There's a thread on the front page of the OT right now about some fucking asshole racist that assaulted a nonverbal autistic kid just because he was black. If I was an alien I wouldn't want to give humans the power to traverse the stars and bring that shit out into the universe yet, we still have a shit ton of growing up to do.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.

FileAccessHandler.ashx

Ehh...that is just from some cool guys looking for other cool guys to hang out. Dudes in good shape encouraged, of course.

xeCTanG.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom