• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The leaked Podesta Emails have a lot of stuff about ETIs and UFOs in them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
I want all of this to be true so badly, but I know it isn't.

image.php

I'm not even one who instantly dismisses people who see UFOs, but this reads like an internet scam email. Broken english, UFO terms pulled and placed like an Ad Lib page. This isn't even L. Ron Hubbard level.

One of the bigger issues I have with UFO conspiracies is that I don't quite understand the benefit of "not" disclosing it. Maybe it's just me, but I've already internally accepted that statistically it's likely that there's other intelligent life out there, and the presence of alien lifeforms in the immediate vicinity around Earth would be more exciting then necessarily scary due to the potential implications it has regarding, say, FTL travel and technological development. I just can't see politicians and intelligence agencies not being opportunistic about this.

KingBroly

Banned
One of the bigger issues I have with UFO conspiracies is that I don't quite understand the benefit of "not" disclosing it. Maybe it's just me, but I've already internally accepted that statistically it's likely that there's other intelligent life out there, and the presence of alien lifeforms in the immediate vicinity around Earth would be more exciting then necessarily scary due to the potential implications it has regarding, say, FTL travel and technological development. I just can't see politicians and intelligence agencies not being opportunistic about this.

Can people handle it?

Life and Death take on a whole new meaning if aliens exist, and that alone could paralyze people in fear.

Iksenpets

Banned
Podesta is a well-known UFO enthusiast. Has been for years. Don't read anything into the presence of weird UFO stuff in his emails.

hoola

Neo Member
He talks about these things like they are facts, even though he provides no more evidence or thought than any other conspiracy theorist would for any other topic. That's when you know they are hardcore nuts, when they begin making outlandish statements with no reason to believe what they are saying.

When you are an 86 year old you probably still do things the old way...

I feel your pain man. I want SOMETHING amazing to happen in my lifetime. Reality is so fucking boring.

Maybe if you started paying attention to reality you'd find some amazing stuff. Gravity waves, the accelerating expanding universe, dark energy, etc are all discoveries that more or less happened in your lifetime. As a bonus they're all real stuff.

Arkeband

Banned
It's doubtful these are fake. This is Wikileaks, not Guccifer.

Potentially sent by crazy people, though -- even smart ones.

At this point in time Wikileaks has vastly eroded its credibility. Its Twitter account, which is most likely run by Assange, is pretty unhinged and Assange himself accused Bill Maher of donating a million dollars to Hillary and had to walk it back on Real Time.

Why should anyone believe that Wikileaks cannot release fake info?

Can people handle it?

Life and Death take on a whole new meaning if aliens exist, and that alone could paralyze people in fear.

I dunno, supernatural beliefs from Earth religions are fundamentally illogical and make no sense. If humans are dumb enough to believe in them, they're also dumb enough to believe that THEIR God also created ET's.

The real bitch will be if ET's show up and claim THEY have their own God, then we're fucked.

At this point in time Wikileaks has vastly eroded its credibility. Its Twitter account, which is most likely run by Assange, is pretty unhinged and Assange himself accused Bill Maher of donating a million dollars to Hillary and had to walk it back on Real Time.

If you are going to fake something why make it so minor? Why not just go "Aliens are real yo"

If you are gonna make up a lie go full throttle. It will just look pathetic if this turns out to be untrue.

gutshot

Of course nothing drastic would happen if the government revealed that aliens have visited Earth. It would trend on Twitter for the day and then everyone would just go back to their normal lives. The mass hysteria scenario isn't realistic and simply exists to prop up the conspiracy theories. Without it, everything falls apart.

I think it would be fun to guess who are the extra terrestrials already here. Those willing to help out for the common good. My first guess is Elon Musk lol #1 suspect!

Dalibor68

Banned
I really want this to happen during my lifetime,pls be true.

I can't even begin to imagine how that would impact mankind, it would be pretty much the most significant moment in our species' history, assuming "they" were benevolent. To be honest I think I would just prefer preserving what we have.

Croatoan

They/Them A-10 Warthog
Maybe if you started paying attention to reality you'd find some amazing stuff. Gravity waves, the accelerating expanding universe, dark energy, etc are all discoveries that more or less happened in your lifetime. As a bonus they're all real stuff.

Dark Energy is something that could be amazing. Once we prove it is real and can use it for something.

I want something to come along that changes life on earth. The cell phone is the only real thing I can think of and it happened so long ago.

Stuff like nanotech medicine that leads to immortality, Lab grown meats that solve world hunger, etc.

I can't even begin to imagine how that would impact mankind, it would be pretty much the most significant moment in our species' history, assuming "they" were benevolent. To be honest I think I would just prefer preserving what we have.

I think it would bring us together as a species eventually. If we were uplifted we could save our planet which would be a bonus.

The beginning would be a disaster. Can you imagine the lawsuits? I mean, how much could be blamed on those damned aliens? Cattle mutilations, abductions, other stupid shit?

Also, what if it comes with a caveat.

"Hey guys, we want you to know that some good aliens want to say hello, but also let you know that bad aliens are here too and want to eat your face. Just remember Grey is good, green is bad. KThanksBai!"

KingBroly

Banned
Dark Energy is something that could be amazing. Once we prove it is real and can use it for something.

I want something to come along that changes life on earth. The cell phone is the only real thing I can think of and it happened so long ago.

Stuff like nanotech medicine that leads to immortality, Lab grown meats that solve world hunger, etc.

Immortality will never happen because it'd make people want to bring back the dead for the belief that they should continue living (at least the non-murderer/rapist/torturer/etc/ people). Curing every modern disease? Eh...there are lots of diseases out there. Maybe half.

ced

Oh come on people...

"Disclosure" and "Zero Point Energy" should be triggering your BS meters.

If this isn't fake all it shows is that Podesta is a UFO nut, which I think was already known.

sphagnum

Banned
I don't know why people think the emails are some kind of joke. Its been public for ages that Podesta believes in UFOS and there are plenty of "illustrious" people who believe in stupid bullshit.

The fact that Podesta and an astronaut were trying to talk to Obama about their wacky beliefs does not mean those beliefs are real.

Ufo conspiracies are always fun. If it's not real, then nothing changes. If it's real, then nothing changes until it's revealed where they show themselves or we have evidence. Either way, nothing happens until shit gets real.

I want to believe though.

Vyer

If this is really in the Wikileaks stuff, then it looks to me like confirmation that this 'leak' is bullshit.

Croatoan

They/Them A-10 Warthog
Immortality will never happen because it'd make people want to bring back the dead for the belief that they should continue living (at least the non-murderer/rapist/torturer/etc/ people). Curing every modern disease? Eh...there are lots of diseases out there. Maybe half.

Nanomachines in our blood could eradicate disease and catch cancer decades before it became a problem. 3d printing or growing organs could extend life decades as well. The last thing we have to do for immortality is to solve the human brain (which does wear out). If we can transplant consciousness then we can have immortality.

"Hey guys, we want you to know that some good aliens want to say hello, but also let you know that bad aliens are here too and want to eat your face. Just remember Grey is good, green is bad. KThanksBai!"

Imagine if the "good" aliens were weird looking and hard to communicate with, but the "bad" aliens were charming, looked relatively "normal" and were easier to communicate with.

We'd be in for some trouble.

Croatoan

They/Them A-10 Warthog
I don't know why people think the emails are some kind of joke. Its been public for ages that Podesta believes in UFOS and there are plenty of "illustrious" people who believe in stupid bullshit.

The fact that Podesta and an astronaut were trying to talk to Obama about their wacky beliefs does not mean those beliefs are real.

Of coarse not, but when you look at the rest of the emails, which there are a lot, the number of people involved starts to grow. That doesn't mean its true, or that the emails are not fake, but for some where there is smoke there is fire.

My personal belief is that "UFOs", and their surrounding lore, are all government supplied interference to throw people off of the very real weird shit the US military is testing.

Imagine if the "good" aliens were weird looking and hard to communicate with, but the "bad" aliens were charming, looked relatively "normal" and were easier to communicate with.

We'd be in for some trouble.

Good, Hanar. Bad, Asari.

We fucked.

Nivash

For a split second, I thought that was UTI in the title, and I was very confused.

Urinary tract intelligence? I feel a great disturbance in the force, as if millions of urologists suddenly cried out in terror before going back to playing with their robots.

KingBroly

Banned
Nanomachines in our blood could eradicate disease and catch cancer decades before it became a problem. 3d printing or growing organs could extend life decades as well. The last thing we have to do for immortality is to solve the human brain (which does wear out). If we can transplant consciousness then we can have immortality.

Physical immortality is an impossibility. There will always be something out there bigger than us to come along and crush us, whether it be an alien race or an explosion. You can transfer our consciousness all you want, but eventually we'll cease to be.

This is so funny. Do any sane people believe these are real or that its an actual dialog between people in the government?

Serious question for anybody who believes that this was legitimate... Why would a campaign organizer for someone who isn't even president be given extremely privileged information about "nonviolent ETIs from contiguous universes..." How would a campaign organizer even know what those things mean? "Contiguous universe" ... jesus.

Is there a reason to apply a PS in an email?

Is there a reason to apply a PS in an email after your email signature... ... Like ... would any normal person put a PS after something that is allegedly inserted automatically by your email client...
And is there a reason that if these two people are having an indepth conversation about aliens over email, he'd write that lengthy signature?

Croatoan

They/Them A-10 Warthog
Crazy people.

Yeah, don't they know that God only created humanity. Pshhawwww.

Not that you think this way, but the belief in ETIs, or UFOs, is no more outlandish than the belief in god.

As an agnostic skeptic I cannot make such a claim.

But this is well past him.

"(Hillary) was upset she didn't get asked about UFOs!"

I mean come on.

Hasn't Hillary been on record about UFOs before?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/hillary-clinton-ufos_us_58050d0ae4b06e04759637ea

HuffPo actually had an article about this.

During a December 2015 campaign stop in New Hampshire, the Conway Daily Sun asked Clinton whether she thinks Earth is the target of alien visitors. “I think we may have been [visited already]. We don’t know for sure,” she said.

She also told the paper of Podesta’s interest. “He has made me personally pledge we are going to get the information out. One way or another.”

It's not even Wikileaks that's unreliable. The source of the leaks is never verified, and if they're from hacked emails, who's to say the source(s) didn't put their own BS and send it on it's way?

That's two levels right there where people could easy insert their own BS. I don't understand how anyone could just accept anything from Wikileaks as 100% fact.

Vyer

Yeah, don't they know that God only created humanity. Pshhawwww.

Not that you think this way, but the belief in ETIs, or UFOs, is no more outlandish than the belief in god.

As an agnostic skeptic I cannot make such a claim.

Hasn't Hillary been on record about UFOs before?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/hillary-clinton-ufos_us_58050d0ae4b06e04759637ea

HuffPo actually had an article about this.

That article is based on the OP of this thread.

Edit: oh, sorry, the previous reference. Sure, but that doesn't mean Clinton is looking to keep talking about UFOs. It also makes it very easy to stuff those claims into there and have people justify them. Which are pretty much the hallmarks of a good scam.

I can believe that there is an interest especially with Podesta obviously. But this stuff is way too on the nose.

Croatoan

They/Them A-10 Warthog
That article is based on the OP of this thread.

I know that, I wrote the OP... :p

It's not even Wikileaks that's unreliable. The source of the leaks is never verified, and if they're from hacked emails, who's to say the source(s) didn't put their own BS and send it on it's way?

That's two levels right there where people could easy insert their own BS. I don't understand how anyone could just accept anything from Wikileaks as 100% fact.
We can trust WikiLeaks 100% you guys

If WikiLeaks released something about Trump and Russia the vast majority on GAF would believe it 100% the truth. I have said multiple times that this stuff could be bullshit, but that doesn't mean it is.

Nivash

But this is well past him.

"(Hillary) was upset she didn't get asked about UFOs!"

I mean come on.

Hillary did in fact eventually bring up UFOs with Jimmy Kimmel, on March 24th this year. That e-mail is dated as from last november. I bet she had already prepared the topic back then and wanted to use it. It's one of those things she uses to appear a bit more approachable and personable - and I think it's at least partially something she's actually interested in, even if she isn't a conspiracy nut.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=R95X8rwYD9o

I don't entirely know how those interviews work but I bet that the Kimmel staff is given some recommended topics to ask about, apart from whatever they add themselves. The UFO stuff probably didn't make the cut the first time but did the second.

Croatoan

They/Them A-10 Warthog
This is so funny. Do any sane people believe these are real or that its an actual dialog between people in the government?

Serious question for anybody who believes that this was legitimate... Why would a campaign organizer for someone who isn't even president be given extremely privileged information about "nonviolent ETIs from contiguous universes..." How would a campaign organizer even know what those things mean? "Contiguous universe" ... jesus.

Podesta did a lot more than manage Hillary's campaign.

from wikipedia:
John David Podesta is the Chairman of the 2016 Hillary Clinton presidential campaign. He previously served as Chief of Staff to President Bill Clinton and Counselor to President Barack Obama.

Is there a reason to apply a PS in an email after your email signature... ... Like ... would any normal person put a PS after something that is allegedly inserted automatically by your email client...
And is there a reason that if these two people are having an indepth conversation about aliens over email, he'd write that lengthy signature?

Dr. Edgar Mitchell was 86 so yes he could still use a PS as he grew up using them in the fucking 1940s. He also was 86 and went to the fucking moon and wants people to remember. You put things that you are proud of, or are relevant to business in sigs like that. Particually when you are 86.

Was Dr. Mitchell crazy? Maybe. Did he write those emails? Maybe. Can you prove he didn't? No. Can anyone prove any of this? Yes, Podesta can. Has he? No. Do I believe it is all bullshit? Possibly.

There isn't enough info here to claim either side is wrong.

Henkka

Banned
Wow, I didn't expect it to be so explicit. That is straight-up science fiction.

We can trust WikiLeaks 100% you guys

Why would they make up emails about aliens, though? Wouldn't they do something anti-Hillary instead? All these emails, and there hasn't been anything particularly damning. I think that speaks to them not fabricating emails for views/controversy.

Croatoan

They/Them A-10 Warthog
The treaty is a real thing.

Zero point energy is a thing too. Quantrek, Dr. Mitchell's company was all about Zero Point Energy as well.

Wow, I didn't expect it to be so explicit. That is straight-up science fiction.

Why would they make up emails about aliens, though? Wouldn't they do something anti-Hillary instead? All these emails, and there hasn't been anything particularly damning. I think that speaks to them not fabricating emails for views/controversy.

I have been wondering that myself. I mean, I wouldn't put it past pranksters. But if you look at the emails sent to Podesta from Tom Delonge and all the others that have come up, man, that is a lot of work for a prank.

I think DeLonge verified the emails he was part of are real.

Important things-

To:
Date: 2015-10-26 23:13
Subject: Important things-

Hi John-

Tom DeLonge here, The one who interviewed you for that special documentary not to long ago.

Things are moving with the project. The Novels, Films and NonFiction works are blooming and finishing. Just had a preliminary meeting with Spielberg's Chief Operating Officer at DreamWorks. More meetings are now on the books-

I would like to bring two very "important" people out to meet you in DC. I think you will find them very interesting, as they were principal leadership relating to our sensitive topic. Both were in charge of most fragile divisions, as it relates to Classified Science and DOD topics. Other words, these are A-Level officials. Worth our time, and as well the investment to bring all the way out to you. I just need 2 hours from you.

Just looking to have a casual, and private conversation in person.

--Here are some photos from the material I am using as I meet with Studio Partners.

Best,
Tom DeLonge

TOM DELONGE | FOUNDER
TOM@TOTHESTARSINC.COM | (760) 518-7801 | TO THE STARS MEDIA
SAN DIEGO | 1053 S Coast Hwy 101 Encinitas, CA 92024

I mean, Podesta is meeting with DeLonge. Just think about that for a second...lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom