• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel |OT| Class Warfare

Yu Narukami

I thought it was up for interpretation and I actually would've loved Yuri/Estelle to be concrete. Oh well.

5 DAYS TILL RELEASE. Let's play a game where you guess the s-craft based on the quote (if I remember to post everyday)

Here's an easy one

"Azure flames, gather around my blade!"

Rean Schwarzer. Here is my quote.

"I grow tired of you! Finishing Strike! Final Blast!"

My copy of Cold Steel 2 has arrived!!!!!
cXHX4li.jpg

aravuus

Put the pic in quotes, not spoiler tags. It still stretches your post in the latter.

Man, I hope VGP actually ships before release date. The email I got did say it dispatches on the sixth which doesn't make any sense.

At worst I'm still looking at like 3 weeks till I get my hands on it :(

Yu Narukami

Put the pic in quotes, not spoiler tags. It still stretches your post in the latter.

Man, I hope VGP actually ships before release date. The email I got did say it dispatches on the sixth which doesn't make any sense.

Did you pick with tracking? I was told it takes a week.

How long is this game? I'm barely into it (like, I just finished the tutorial dungeon boss before bed last night), but I'd like to finish it in time for the second one next week.

Saphirax

Same here. I think it should ship tomorrow though. That's what happened with CS as well I believe. I'm kinda hoping it's 2 weeks and not 3+ D:.

Menthuss

I'm going digital, just like I did with 1. Has both disadvantages and advantages in that I won't be getting it early but I won't have to worry about the mail screwing me over either.

aravuus

Did you pick with tracking? I was told it takes a week.

I don't know actually. The one email I've gotten from them doesn't say anything about it, other than that it's coming via international airmail.

I think it took a bit less than two weeks for CS1 to arrive, and that was during the busy holidays, so I imagine it's going to take around a week with CS2. Hope they ship it tomorrow.

How long is this game? I'm barely into it (like, I just finished the tutorial dungeon boss before bed last night), but I'd like to finish it in time for the second one next week.

Yeah, it's long. I would imagine that even if you played on a lower difficulty (or otherwise have no problems with the game) and skipped most/all of the side content, it's still going to take you like 50 to 60 hours.

My honest advice is, don't rush. Take your time with it, do the side quests, talk to NPCs, get immersed in the world. Don't focus on finishing it before CS2 is out. It's going to be a much more enjoyable experience.

e: hahaha my god, I literally just got the 'order shipped' email from them while writing this post

Here by next Friday? Fingers crossed, would be fucking amazing

Finished my first run yesterday and man, I didn't expect the
anime-ass mech battles at the end. Somehow I didn't see the identity of C coming either.
Gonna try to do a hard NG+ to sweep up bonds and fill out the notebook. I've heard that nightmare isn't too bad in this game, but I'd rather run through the game a second time with minimal hours this time around. Already spent 100 hours taking my time talking to literally every NPC I could and getting as many items as I could, which I really love about these games.

CSII hype!

Shin-chan

I don't know actually. The one email I've gotten from them doesn't say anything about it, other than that it's coming via international airmail.

I think it took a bit less than two weeks for CS1 to arrive, and that was during the busy holidays, so I imagine it's going to take around a week with CS2. Hope they ship it tomorrow.

Yeah, it's long. I would imagine that even if you played on a lower difficulty (or otherwise have no problems with the game) and skipped most/all of the side content, it's still going to take you like 50 to 60 hours.

My honest advice is, don't rush. Take your time with it, do the side quests, talk to NPCs, get immersed in the world. Don't focus on finishing it before CS2 is out. It's going to be a much more enjoyable experience.

e: hahaha my god, I literally just got the 'order shipped' email from them while writing this post

Here by next Friday? Fingers crossed, would be fucking amazing
I just got an email from them saying my pre order has shipped. I ordered pretty late so hopefully yours is on its way soon too.

Edit: Whoops just read your edit. Hoping to have it next week or early the week after.

Saphirax

I just got an email from them saying my pre order has shipped. I ordered pretty late so hopefully yours is on its way soon too.

Edit: Whoops just read your edit. Hoping to have it next week or early the week after.

Mine is still stuck processing. Would rather it shipped today than later, but nothing I can do about that.

I really hesitated to ask this, but here goes:

Is anybody who has finished the Japanese version of Cold Steel II willing to share their clear data?

I did the whole second playthrough thing for Cold Steel just for the bonding events and unfortunately didn't enjoy the experience. I figured the ideal way for me to play is to use the "Max Bonding Points" bonus from the get go.

aravuus

Wouldn't mind a clear data save myself, maybe even one that has enough points to turn on all of the NG+ options, assuming CS2 also has those.

preta

Took me around 57 hours. I did a pretty sizable amount of sidequests, but nowhere near all of them. Don't rush, though - you'll enjoy the game far more if you just take your time and push the second one out of your mind until you're done.

Cornbread78

Did you use the DLC Items? Not that it matters but you may as well download them if you haven't and activite them so they go inventory at least.

Give Alisa Moebius and make sure she can use Chrono Burst. Not sure if Moebius has it naturally, but give her her a Skanda Gem if not. The other 3 characters should be strong physical attackers. So Rean, Laura and Fie etc. Stack as much Strength on all of them as you can, ideally you used Zemurian Ore for their weapons but it doesn't really matter. Give Laura Dominattion and Vermilion Master Quartz, Orochi amd Murakumo on the other two. Make sure you have some food that can do Strngth +50%. Start the battle With everyone on 200 CP using Megalith or something. If you don't have food just use the Arte that puts Strength up.

With Moebius and Skanda Gem Alisa should come first. Use Chrono Burst to get an extra turn and then use the food with Strength. With Moebius it should hit everyone, and since you used Chrono Burst it's still her turn. While it is her turn, using Triangle use the S Breaks of the other three characters. Use another Chrono Burst on Alisa and tbis time use the Zerum item that restores 200 CP. Use everyone's S Break again.

The boss might even die the first time around using S Breaks. Just repeat the Chrono Burst/Zerum/S Break process as necessary. It's very cheap, but makes any boss easy if you can't be bothered.

Well, I just wanted to let you know this method certainly worked! I had to use a modified version since Moebius wasn't transferring the items effects to everyone, since it wasn't mastered yet. I still managed to boos them up enough then sub the characters and used the normal S-Crafts for everyone else to eventually win. Good call and Thank you for saving me a ton of aggravation!

Shahed

Well, I just wanted to let you know this method certainly worked! I had to use a modified version since Moebius wasn't transferring the items effects to everyone, since it wasn't mastered yet. I still managed to boos them up enough then sub the characters and used the normal S-Crafts for everyone else to eventually win. Good call and Thank you for saving me a ton of aggravation!
On my first playthrough on Normal I killed the boss regularly, but on my Nightmare playthrough I did this and the boss died without taking a single turn. Heck during my Nightmare playthough as a whole I did a variation of this on most bosses by not bothering or needing to use Zerum Items or Chrono Burst. It helps that Laura's opening S Break will hit the damage cap of 99999 and one shot practically every boss. Those that survived die to Rean's follow up S Break finishes them off.

A Mastered Moebius breaks the game. AoE Food Buffs and CP recovery

Famassu

Yeah, I think I personally prefer the way Persona does it too, at least most of the time. While it's a shame it's practically impossible to do anything meaningful with the romances MC has or doesn't have in the main story since there are so many variables, P3 and 4 showed me enough during the social links to make the romances feel satisfying.

http://psnprofiles.com/guide/3584-英雄伝説-閃の軌跡Ⅱ-Overall-Walkthrough

Haven't read it yet obviously in fear of spoilers, but I skimmed through the beginning and it looks pretty comprehensive.
Seems like the same type of guide I used for the first game, which was a pretty perfect point-to-point guide (at few points it could've been a bit more descriptive, but otherwise it was great). Only my own stupidity almost made it harder for me to get platinum since I didn't really plan out the social link stuff at all and that almost screwed me over.

Cornbread78

That's not how you spell Sara.

Oh, she's #1 on my list. Sarah, Towa, Alisa, Emma, Laura and Fie should all be all-set on my first play through based on the information I was given yesterday. It's border line on 2 others and the boys, well..... They will need to wait until a second playthrough...

this information could be useful for EU people that want to switch to another platform.

I played the US Version of Cold Steel 1 on Vita with my EU PSN Account and i succesfully transferred my clear save and now i'm playing the PS3 US Version with the same EU Account and have received all the bonus for clearing the first game.

this information could be useful for EU people that want to switch to another platform.

I played the US Version of Cold Steel 1 on Vita with my EU PSN Account and i succesfully transferred my clear save and now i'm playing the PS3 US Version with the same EU Account and have received all the bonus for clearing the first game.
Let me clarify for when I make the OT

You uploaded your EU CS1 save from your Vita with the cross save feature then when you started CS2 with an NA PS3 copy it allowed you to load the data since you were logged into the same account?

Let me clarify for when I make the OT

You uploaded your EU CS1 save from your Vita with the cross save feature then when you started CS2 with an NA PS3 copy it allowed you to load the data since you were logged into the same account?
No both were US saves, but i used my EU account with both of them and it worked fine. US CS1 Vita save to US CS2 PS3 with an EU account.

I really thought that the cross transfer function only would work if you used an account of the same region as the game.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
You guys know Fie is the true waifu. #TeamFie

I liked Fie too.

86WWV9w.jpg

Oh, she's #1 on my list. Sarah, Towa, Alisa, Emma, Laura and Fie should all be all-set on my first play through based on the information I was given yesterday. It's border line on 2 others and the boys, well..... They will need to wait until a second playthrough...

I only managed to get Sara, Fie, Laura, Emma and Crow on my first run. Which means I have 7 more to go in my NG+. :p

No both were US saves, but i used my EU account with both of them and it worked fine. US CS1 Vita save to US CS2 PS3 with an EU account.

I really thought that the cross transfer function only would work if you used an account of the same region as the game.
Okay! Thanks. It would be super convenient if the save could go across regions naturally but alas. :p

Top Bottom