• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel |OT| Class Warfare

bryt

Hey guys, which save file should I use for Cold Steel 2.

First playthrough: Did everything except bonds. Got the highest rank whatever that was (A0?). Chose to dance with Alisa. Didn't get to level 80.

Second playthrough (NG+ Nightmare): Skipped everything but got maxed bonds for every character. Chose Towa at dance event. Got to level 80.

Gu4n

Hey guys, which save file should I use for Cold Steel 2.

First playthrough: Did everything except bonds. Got the highest rank whatever that was (A0?). Chose to dance with Alisa. Didn't get to level 80.

Second playthrough (NG+ Nightmare): Skipped everything but got maxed bonds for every character. Chose Towa at dance event. Got to level 80.
The first. Rank A0 bonus is by far the most valuable one.

Famassu

You guys know Fie is the true waifu. #TeamFie
Fie is great exactly BECAUSE she is no fucking lame-ass waifu (in CS1, at least). She's just a somewhat socially awkward young girl who's been in some fucked up situations and is clearly getting some well deserved "normal" life for once, during her studies in the school.

Psxphile

Is a0 just get all the AP in a playthrough?
You only need 10 AP short of the max available to get Rank AO. You can miss one or two here and there and still make it.
Fie is great exactly BECAUSE she is no fucking lame-ass waifu (in CS1, at least). She's just a somewhat socially awkward young girl who's been in some fucked up situations and is clearly getting some well deserved "normal" life for once, during her studies in the school.
Also she's a kitty.

CS2 is still five days away :(

DPAhVO3.gif

Jeffrey

shit.

forgot to cash in a sidequest before going to a park in ch1. haven't saved in hours lol.

Guess i can't miss much now...

aravuus

The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel II |OT| Recess is over
The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel II |OT| Welcome to college
The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel II |OT| Time for your midterms

Yeah yeah, I'm terrible at this, but I think it'd be fun to reflect the fact that things get (even more) serious with CS2 in the title. I agree with Corpekata on class reunion. Less than a year between CS and CS2.

Psxphile

The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel II |OT| Second Semester

and this thread's title should be retroactivley changed to First Semester

and the OT title for CS3 should be The 3rd... Dance at the Prom

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel II |OT| Class is Over
The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel II |OT| Gundam no Kiseki
The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel II |OT| Wintry Arrival
The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel II |OT| Miracle of Cold Steel
The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel II |OT| Good Writing, Good Music, Great Timing

That's all I got.

omgfloofy

Banned
Amazon pls

I'm not expecting mine to ship out until the day of, since I live about 30 minutes from a distro center. In fact, since it's release date shipping, they'll probably just have an Amazon Flex driver deliver it for me, since they do the 'same day' shipping in my area.

Erheller

Stealing this from way earlier in the thread

The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel II |OT| This also falls under the scope of your field study

StereoVsn

I finally finished the game and I am so conflicted about it. I still dislike MC, Alisa, Sarah as well as Machias and Towa quite a bit (especially the first two). They are all so tropey and in case of Machias plane annoying and unfortunately they didn't quite pull off "good tropey" characters unlike Trails in the Sky FC/SC.

However, I quite liked the story and combat was alright. I got CS2 on pre-order but wont get to it for a while which is probably a good thing.

Gu4n

* The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel II |OT| Ashen Chronicles

I finally finished the game and I am so conflicted about it. I still dislike MC, Alisa, Sarah as well as Machias and Towa quite a bit (especially the first two). They are all so tropey and in case of Machias plane annoying and unfortunately they didn't quite pull off "good tropey" characters unlike Trails in the Sky FC/SC.
I can't say FC excelled at pulling off "good tropey" characters in its first half.

aravuus

What's the difference between good tropey characters and bad tropey characters? Whether or not you like the tropes present?

Korigama

I'll just recycle my previous suggestion.

The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel II |OT| War Were Declared
What's the difference between good tropey characters and bad tropey characters? Whether or not you like the tropes present?
More or less. Personally, I rather hate the term "tropey" as it is, so it's difficult not to be inclined to be reductionist in respect to the views of those who use it seriously to express their discontent (it suggests, "I've seen these traits in some capacity somewhere before, therefore it's never acceptable for them to be used anywhere else regardless of execution, up to and including how those characters are defined beyond them").

The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel II |OT| Everything is a Spoiler

The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel II |OT| Seriously, Play the First Game!

The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel II |OT| The first game ends HOW!?

All I got.

omgfloofy

Banned
I wish they'd use the 2D art for character portraits during dialogue instead of the 3D models, strange decision.

Probably for the ease of use for it. Doing chat portraits would have required the creation of more assets, and CS was already under development strain to begin with.

The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel II |OT| Let's be Civil about this War

The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel II |OT| Super Fighting Robots Edition

The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel II |OT| featuring spoilers from the Zero no Kiseki series™

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I don't even want Elise in the title.

Acknowledge not the forces of evil, lest ye give them strength.

Probably for the ease of use for it. Doing chat portraits would have required the creation of more assets, and CS was already under development strain to begin with.

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking, but japanese devs tend to use 2D art for dialogue sequences so I was a bit disappointed here. The models don't do the art justice.

so, I timed playing this perfectly with cold steel 2's release.

Random musings about some ending scenes

I was working through a few of the dance scenes I had available, and really enjoyed what they did for instructor sara. All her teasing is still present, yet Rean plays it cool instead of the usual tear drop emotion. Then post dance even with Sara drinking and rean saying the kinds of shit he gets teased for all game, and even though sara teases him some she actually takes it to heart. Was really surprised to see quality character growth between the two. Reminded me of the Alisa scene in Nord.

Gu4n

How much does the final event choice matter in CS2? I forget who I chose on my A0 playthrough so I might reload the save before the event and do it again.
Hardly anything. There are some minor dialogue chances for that character and his/her face shows up instead of some else's as a flashback - that's it.

Top Bottom