• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel |OT| Class Warfare

Cornbread78

Oh damn, I just found out that there is still another event that happens after the
bonfire/dance
oh man, I have to go through all these
dances
first to see what it is. Now I just have to decide whose
dance
scene I will carry over for CS2. I was given an opportunity for Alisa, Laura, Emma, Fie and Millium. Very dissappointed my #1&2 choices were not given even though I'm pretty damn sure I met all the prereqs for Sara and Towa as well, what gives dammit! The game is still screwin' with me to the very end!

Oh damn, I just found out that there is still another event that happens after the
bonfire/dance
dances
dance
scene I will carry over for CS2. I was given an opportunity for Alisa, Laura, Emma, Fie and Millium. Very dissappointed my #1&2 choices were not given even though I'm pretty damn sure I met all the prereqs for Sara and Towa as well, what gives dammit! The game is still screwin' with me to the very end!
I reloaded to use more tickets to meet sara's, and it was worth it. One of the best scenes

I too did not know there was another scene...I think ill try and youtube that

Saphirax

bonfire/dance
dances
dance

Did you spend ALL bonding events, when prompted, with Sara and Towa? If you didn't, their link level probably isn't high enough.

bonfire/dance
dances
dance

Getting Towa is really difficult on a first play through unless you're 100% dedicated to getting her as your choice.

It's best to save getting everyone for a second run if you really want to.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I chose Emma at the end. It seemed really appropriate as she
promises to finally tell you everything, fitting with the cliffhanger ending

Abdiel

My copy has shipped. Should be here release day. If not, for any reason, I'm buying digital and I'll return the physical copy or gift it to a friend. I've got Wednesday and Thursday off, so I want to game.

The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel II |OT| Let's be Civil about this War

The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel II |OT| Super Fighting Robots Edition

The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel II |OT| featuring spoilers from the Zero no Kiseki series™

By Aidios, they're all winners!

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
My copy has shipped. Should be here release day. If not, for any reason, I'm buying digital and I'll return the physical copy or gift it to a friend. I've got Wednesday and Thursday off, so I want to game.

Wouldn't surprise me if it were delayed a day because of the holiday. (Provided you are in the US)

That being said, my copy has also shipped.

Psxphile

Same, Best Buy just let me know my copy is shipping as well (according to their tracking it's actually still sitting waiting to be picked up by USPS).

Korigama

bonfire/dance
dances
dance
For what it's worth, there's a final dialogue right before the end credits depending upon who you danced with, yet AFAIK,
neither Sara nor Towa get one
. If those are your choices, but you don't have any particular preference between those specifically, I would recommend Fie.

Psxphile

For what it's worth, there's a final dialogue right before the end credits depending upon who you danced with, yet AFAIK,
. If those are your choices, but you don't have any particular preference between those specifically, I would recommend Fie.

Towa
gets one. Just not in the same place.

No idea on
Sara
. They made an exception for
Towa
, maybe
she has one too.

Korigama

Towa
gets one. Just not in the same place.

No idea on
Sara
. They made an exception for
Towa
, maybe
she has one too.
That alternately placed one for
Towa
I did know of. Personally, though, I felt it lacked the impact of the other ones by not being in the same place (the scene itself could've been better, too).

Is there a video compilation of these somewhere?

zakujanai

Does nobody choose male characters for the dance scene? The one I'm carrying over is Crow. He was my first choice when I got to that point initially and given subsequent events I felt his was the best to keep. I did enjoy Sara's though, she had the best bonding events throughout the game I felt. That last one in Kirsche was particularly interesting.

Ultimadrago

Does nobody choose male characters for the dance scene? The one I'm carrying over is Crow. He was my first choice when I got to that point initially and given subsequent events I felt his was the best to keep. I did enjoy Sara's though, she had the best bonding events throughout the game I felt. That last one in Kirsche was particularly interesting.

I watched Crow's online and found it better than most of the rest. Good call on your part going for him first. What made you choose them?

Like Muntu said, Rean should have asked to actually dance with the boys. Boo!

Korigama

She exchanges a few works with Rean when she leaves the classroom after getting the call from Neithardt.
http://i.imgur.com/kI8VReo.gif
Interesting, so that's where that one was placed. Thanks.
Is there a video compilation of these somewhere?
There's one playlist I've been using, but it doesn't cover all of them. Spoilers for the whole game for anyone who hasn't finished CS I, obviously:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLRVsxhguoE52INUC0uPxzkzwAd3JxH1E7

Famassu

Seems like VG+ has free worldwide shipping from now to October 31st for orders over 40CAD (in stock items, I think, no pre-orders). ~35€ for Trails of Cold Steel II Vita once it's released, damn good deal. Will probably have to use them. Just need to use Paypal to prevent what happened before.

preta

WOW.

After all this time, I just noticed that the lyrics to the Super Arrange version of Castle of the Saint may have revealed some important information...

Holy Saint, Holy Spirit
May keep us all from the fight
Watching over the blue peaceful knight

Sounds like
Ordine was hidden in Lohengrin Castle somewhere
? We'll find out soon enough I'm sure.

WOW.

After all this time, I just noticed that the lyrics to the Super Arrange version of Castle of the Saint may have revealed some important information...

Holy Saint, Holy Spirit
May keep us all from the fight
Watching over the blue peaceful knight

Sounds like
Ordine was hidden in Lohengrin Castle somewhere
? We'll find out soon enough I'm sure.

Well, they do come across an identical looking door to the one in the Old Schoolhouse when they're in Lohengrin Castle, so there almost certainly was a Divine Knight there at some point.

Psxphile

w-why am i still running around picking up chests in ng+.

stupid habits.

*shrugs*

I started opening them from Chapter 5 on in NG+ on since that's when you start getting one-time only Quartz that are still viable for endgame and would do to have multiples of (Domination). And of course in the final dungeon you can pick up more high-tier armor equipment for your team.

*shrugs*

I started opening them from Chapter 5 on in NG+ on since that's when you start getting one-time only Quartz that are still viable for endgame and would do to have multiples of (Domination). And of course in the final dungeon you can pick up more high-tier armor equipment for your team.
multiple Domination quartz....that feels like overkill

Giving Rean and Laura a Domination, Youkai Gem, Rakshahsa, Ares Gem and Qilin each. Overkill is the word!
with the strength of Scrafts in the game, it already felt super easy compared to TiTS. This is basically the setup my Laura had at the end of playthrough 1, her opening fight Scrafts were absurd

Jeffrey

quartz were really downplayed in this compare to TiTs. Kinda miss messing with setups to unlock key magic.

I don't remember using magic much at all on normal in this. scrafts are too good.

quartz were really downplayed in this compare to TiTs. Kinda miss messing with setups to unlock key magic.

I don't remember using magic much at all on normal in this. scrafts are too good.

Yeah, I don't get why they did that, they really dumbed it down.

yea greed, much preferred the system in TiTS. This was basically just stack whatever stat while using the exact quartz to get the spells that are useful. No finesse like TiTS

Levito

Banned
So just a quick question, on average how long is this game?

I just bought it but I kinda want an idea of the time investment for a playthrough.

irriadin

I played, finished, and absolutely adored Trails in the Sky FC and SC. I know that this game and Trails of Cold Steel II have spoilers from TC and the Crossbell games but my question is - how bad are the spoilers? I'm not opposed to waiting until TC is released to play Cold Steel, but if the spoilers aren't massive...

Shahed

They could do with finding a better balance. In Sky Artes were too good compared to physical. With the exception of Agate and Wild Rage, it was pretty much always better to use AoE Artes such as Aerial and White Gehenna to nuke everything. Kloe and Olivier were so good. In Cold Steel so far they buffed physical characters and S Crafts while also giving CP out so easily the balance shifted more to heavy hitters while the Artes took a backseat.

Here's hoping they find a happy medium in the future.

preta

I played, finished, and absolutely adored Trails in the Sky FC and SC. I know that this game and Trails of Cold Steel II have spoilers from TC and the Crossbell games but my question is - how bad are the spoilers? I'm not opposed to waiting until TC is released to play Cold Steel, but if the spoilers aren't massive...

Cold Steel 1 has a few subtle things in the background that would go over your head without The 3rd (it's not called TC) and possibly one thing (that we're not even sure about yet) from Ao, but that's about it. Since CS1 takes place concurrently with Zero and Ao, you're seeing things from another perspective. You'll get spoiled on some events in the other country no matter which you play first. That said, I've heard CS2 will spoil these games more.

Jeffrey

There really wasn't much of a reason to use Artes, maybe the speed ones? Everything else, with how OP scrafts are and how easy its to regenerate, also no cast time...

It was pretty bad in tits though, because Artes was the best way to clear the map... they also take forever to cast animation wise, which REALLY killed the pacing of the game.

TiTs might be the slowest battle system in a jrpg ive played.

Well I did just beat Tokyo Mirage Session where I'm playing mobile games while waiting for Sessions to finish.

So glad Cold Steel added Animation skip, wish it was mapped on a trigger though.

Cornbread78

BTW,
Alise
is definately the canon ship after watching those 5 scenerios

They give me 5 points, so I can essentually carry over almost everything then.

I foubd the chart:

Here's the full list:

0 Points - Carry over link level and unlock burst and rush
1 Point - Carry over all mira and sepith
1 Point - Carry over items
1 Point - Carry over notes
2 Points - Carry over character and master quartz levels
1 Point - Get a costume
1 Point - Get another costume
1 Point - Get another costume
2 Points - Bonus 300,000 mira and 3000 sepith of each type
4 Points - Increases bond points you get per event

Soriku

So Amazon says...

Want to receive this the day it comes out? Order within 55 hrs 25 mins and choose Two-Day Shipping at checkout.

How reliable are they with getting it on release day with the two day shipping?

Bladenic

They could do with finding a better balance. In Sky Artes were too good compared to physical. With the exception of Agate and Wild Rage, it was pretty much always better to use AoE Artes such as Aerial and White Gehenna to nuke everything. Kloe and Olivier were so good. In Cold Steel so far they buffed physical characters and S Crafts while also giving CP out so easily the balance shifted more to heavy hitters while the Artes took a backseat.

Here's hoping they find a happy medium in the future.

My Emma could easily deal insane damage, but high costs for high level spells coupled with cast times is a burden. Also, they really need to alter the S-Craft damage calculator for Mage characters. It should use their magic attack stay, not physical. Considering this has always been how it is since like Trails in the Sky, they probably won't.

Top Bottom