• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Lord of the Rings Online |OT| F2P lets everyone simply walk into Mordor

Izayoi

Banned
Schrade said:
They're removing radiance, so no.

It will take some pretty good/experienced people probably. At least you won't have to worry about radiance.

Lots of changes coming for Hunters, Legendary Items and Minstrels. I'm excited about the new 3 man and 6 man instances they're adding.
They're removing radiance? Fucking finally. Gear crawls are obnoxious.

Though that does kind of suck as it completely ruins the hundreds of hours I spent gearing up all of my toons, but oh well.

Maybe we'll get something as good as the Rift/DN were. Any impressions on the new raid yet?

Schrade

Izayoi said:
They're removing radiance? Fucking finally. Gear crawls are obnoxious.

Though that does kind of suck as it completely ruins the hundreds of hours I spent gearing up all of my toons, but oh well.

Maybe we'll get something as good as the Rift/DN were. Any impressions on the new raid yet?
I haven't run the raids, (there's 4 wings) but I did go in there solo to test things out a few weeks back.

Here's a thread with feedback on the raid. Some info in there, but not a whole lot.

Ost Dunhoth feedback/suggestions *Very Long*

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
I'm sure it is one of the most-photographed bits of the entire LOTRO world but... I couldn't help myself:

uSg34.jpg

...yeah. Weathertop is fantastically imposing.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Hey so I just started playing again. I'm so sad with this game. I always start to play and I never get anywhere then start over like once a year. I'm gonna stick with it this time though.

On a separate note... I did the Elvish starting area (AGAIN you know since I restart LOL) and I sort of had okay to mehish framerate, but as soon as I finished the instance area and got out into game proper and that elvish town I swear my overall performance was like fucking crazy better. Am I nuts on this? Shit just seemed to run smoother on my olderish machine. I swear with fraps on I was getting like an extra 10-15 fps and without the ghetto hitching I got in the starting area with my ghetto as 1st gen c2d processor. (LOL rebuild inc this year).

Anyways should I just keep rolling on my own? Should I bother joining a kin? IDK I'm having a ton of fun now just doing shit at my own pace since it's F2P without the normal headaches or bs normally associated with MMOs. Sort of want to join a kin, but having to much fun on my own to upset my current play balance.

Vanillalite

Affeinvasion said:
I don't think there's any real need to join a kin until you start to get to some really fellowship heavy areas when you hit lvl 40 or so.

Thanks for the info!

PS: Damn I swear it's like I'm playing a different game performance wise verses the starting area. LOL

Haeleos

Brettison said:
Thanks for the info!

PS: Damn I swear it's like I'm playing a different game performance wise verses the starting area. LOL

That sounds odd, but Turbine did rework the Elf/Dwarf starting areas sometime late last year... I wonder if that has anything to do with it.

Vanillalite

Haeleos said:
That sounds odd, but Turbine did rework the Elf/Dwarf starting areas sometime late last year... I wonder if that has anything to do with it.

I wondered that as well. Maybe it's the snow (as the starting area is all snowy) or maybe it's just a crappy bit of code that doesn't sit well with my system that came with the starting area redo and my system isn't strong enough to brute force it's way through. As soon as I warped out of Thorin's Halls and ended up in the Elvish town by the water shit was fucking hella better though. LOLz

PS: Yes I'm on Brandywine.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
Downloading this moment guys , what server you guys all playing on , or most of use, i wanna join the gaf clan

GDJustin

Kentpaul said:
Downloading this moment guys , what server you guys all playing on , or most of use, i wanna join the gaf clan

I think most of us play on Brandywine, but you can find GAFFERS all over.

Haeleos

The Echoes of the Dead patch is out. Downloading it now...

Here's the highlights from the patch and a link to the full notes.

http://lorebook.lotro.com/wiki/Update_2_Echoes_of_The_Dead_Official_Release_Notes

Radiance Removal

We’ve heard your feedback! The radiance system has been removed from the game. Find out the original goals and reasons for removal in the Developer Diary.

Four New Instances and a 12 Player Raid

Five different pieces of instanced content await you! This new cluster of instances includes:

Two three-person instances
Two six-person instances
One 12-person raid

All but one instance features three boss encounters and the raid features six. You can read all about them in our Instance and Raid developer diaries.

Monsterplay (PVMP) Changes

The starter area for the Ettenmoors for Monster Players got a much needed face-lift. It is not perfect but at least a step in the right direction. Players choosing to play a monster character have had their starting skills and abilities adjusted in order to improve their initial experience and survivability. Read the Developer Diary for full details.

Class Updates

The Minstrel, Burglar, and Hunter classes have received a number of changes. You can read the full details of each in their appropriate developer diaries.

Character Panel and Cosmetic System enhancements

The character panel has been revamped! Learn about the new panel, new cosmetic costume slots and other changes in the Developer Diary.

Crafting Vocation Tutorials

Starting out, crafters can find themselves full of bewilderment, wondering how they should begin their journey towards mastering each craft profession. Well, be confused no more! We’ve introduced brand new crafting vocation tutorial quests to guide you along your first steps of the path! Read the Dev Diary to learn about these new quest as well as changes to the Metalsmith and Tailor Professions.

Legendary Item Update

The legendary item system has received some significant changes. On entering the game after Update 2, all of your existing relics will be automatically unslotted from your Legendary Items. These relics will be unchanged in any way. The Legendary Item Developer Diary has the full details on the changes.

Volume III: Book 3, Echoes of the Dead

The Epic story continues! What are the Mysterious relics? All will be revealed in the continuation of the Epic Story line. Read the developer diary for behinds the scenes info!

Volume II Epic Story Revamp

Players have been asking for an overhaul of the Volume II epic story to make it more solo friendly. Update 2: Echoes of the Dead brings with it the “Solofication” pass players have been waiting for!

Moria Battle Instances Converted to Skirmishes

The old Moria Battle Instances have been converted to Skirmishes. Completing the old Moria Battle Instances and turning in all of the associated quests prior to release of Update 2 will result in the Skirmishes being automatically available to that character. If Volume II, Book 5, Chapter 5 is not turned in, but the Battle Instances (and their wrapper quests) are completed and turned in, you will have to take V2B5C5 again, but the objectives will be automatically satisfied and you can complete the quest. If a given wrapper is not turned in before the Skirmish-conversion, you will have to run that quest as a Skirmish before advancing. Read the Developer Diary for more information.

Evendim Revamp

We’ve added 100 quests to Evendim and smoothed out the quest paths through the region. Learn all about these major changes in the official Developer Diary.

After reading through the notes, I have to say I'm really impressed that they did a dev diary for almost every major feature in the patch leading up to it's release.

Kingbrave

I just restarted playing this again. For like the fourth time. I always got lured back to WOW because I have friends playing it. I'm a level 11 champion on Brandywine named Billen. Add me if you want.

Vanillalite

Patching now....

I forgot about the patch until I saw the patch post above but forgot about it again... should have updated earlier while I was fucking off and then doing my run...

Not sure if I'll play tonight, but am gonna be patched up to play tomorrow.

Also reading the dev diary on my class since minstrel got redone even though I'm a nub and never was high enough to know wtf was going on with my class preupdate anyways. LOL

RealMeat

Banned
I jumped back tonight after not playing for a couple months. They weren't kidding about making volume 2 soloable. I was able to finish books 7 and 8. I had been stuck about half way through both of them when I hit quests I couldn't find a group for. Anyway, if anyone on Brandywine wants to add me my character is Svaldren.

totowhoa

Banned
Kingbrave said:
I just restarted playing this again. For like the fourth time. I always got lured back to WOW because I have friends playing it. I'm a level 11 champion on Brandywine named Billen. Add me if you want.

How do you think this compares to WOW? I mean, I'm sure it's not going to be as quality in a number of ways, but I might start up an MMO in a few weeks once school is over. Would much rather play a F2P MMO with micro transactions then getting back into a steady $15/mo.

Sklorenz said:
How do you think this compares to WOW? I mean, I'm sure it's not going to be as quality in a number of ways, but I might start up an MMO in a few weeks once school is over. Would much rather play a F2P MMO with micro transactions then getting back into a steady $15/mo.
TBH I think this is the best mmo out there, never liked WoW. But if you're a hardcore WoW fan I can still comfortably say there is nothing better that could be second place.

Haeleos

Sklorenz said:
How do you think this compares to WOW?

It really comes down to what's important to you in an MMO. After playing WoW for 3 years and LotRO for almost 2, I think both games could learn a lot from each other.

Where LotRO really excels is in it's strong sense of cohesion in it's design. A good example is to look at the characters standing around Ironforge's auction house and then look at Bree's auction house. I feel like Blizzard have lost this over the years by adding things like morotcycles, flying carpets, ghost unicorns, mountain dew robots, and giant glowing axes made of ice. While this can be seen as a lot of variation and content in WoW, it ends up feeling "scattershot" and unfocused and ultimately turned me off of WoW's style. To be fair, LotRO actually suffers from enemy variation, mostly due to being tied to the license, but Turbine has put a lot of effort into keeping their art direction and world design in check and as a result, I feel more invested in my character and the world.

On top of that, I think it's a lot of little things that set this game apart, since it's such a diluted genre. For instance, you have the ability to create your own outfit separate from the actual gear you are wearing (why don't more MMOs have this feature!?), so you can avoid WoW's clown suit syndrome of mismatched armor pieces and colors and really make your character stand out and look unique. The game also has an amazing crafting system that has a ton of really unique ideas on top of retaining a recipe-based system like WoW. Most of the classes are unconventional in design, whether they are a blending of archetypes or rely on some alternate form of power/skill management. And you probably won't find a nicer community surrounding an MMO.

Outside of the art design, you can also see the differences in the quests and the story. In LotRO, I feel like the character I'm playing is constantly woven into the lore in really interesting ways and I think it's one of the only MMOs where I'm not just skipping over the quest text to accept the quest. In WoW, I feel like the larger story they are telling only serves to kill off their shrinking rogue's gallery.

But where LotRO falls a little short against WoW is in it's combat. While there is nothing necessarily broken about LotRO's combat mechanics, combat as a whole feels much more refined in WoW. The combination of animation, sounds, spell/skill effects, and variation in skills are still on a higher level than LotRO's. I feel LotRO is also a much easier game than WoW so far. The average mob tends to pose more of a threat in WoW than in LotRO, and I have very rarely felt challenged while soloing.

Again, it's what's more important to you when playing an MMO, and I feel the time invested in the character I'm playing is much more satisfying and rewarding in LotRO.

GDJustin

Haeleos' post is pretty spot-on, I think. WoW and LOTRO are the only MMOs I've put major time into, and they are as similar as they are different.

At a high level, the games are practically cousins. Tank/DPS/Heal classes, ranged and melee. Contiguous overworld with instanced dungeons. Heavy emphasis on questing. Passive crafting. Character customization within a class that allows you to specialize somewhat.

In these aspects, the games are identical. I mean hell even most of the hotkeys are the same!

But LOTRO is a much more relaxed (dare I say) casual experience. It isn't a race to max-level, and raids are so accessible that they are literally something that anyone can log on and hop into. Something that WoW can't claim, as much as Blizzard has tried.

This relaxed, laid-back atmosphere is something that my WoW-playing friend just can't wrap his head around. I was explaining that people regularly do the 12-man raids with less than 12 people, and that earlier 6man dungeons can be done without healers, sometimes. Coming from a WoW raider background, he could not wrap his head around this. He was like "So the fights are under-tuned?" and I was like "No... it's by design. It's just how LOTRO is."

This lack of finely-tuned raids and lack of PVP leads to a little bit of sloppiness on Turbine's part, when compared to Blizzard. BLizz is constantly tinkering - WoW is never ever "done." But Turbine has left some classes alone for a year or more. Since raids are pretty laid-back and there is no PVP, who cares if Hunter DPS (or whatever) is a bit low? This isn't a game with people obsessing over meters. Hell LOTRO threat hasn't even been fully reverse-engineered.

Anyway, just my 2C. As Haeleos said, it depends on what is important to you in an MMO. The intensity of the WoW treadmill and the constant Gearscore comments finally wore my down. LOTRO has been a very positive counterpoint... I'm enjoying exploring Middle Earth immensely.

~~~

As for me, I dinged 27 tonight, and continued making my way through Lone Lands and North Downs. ND is the first non-revamped zone I've hit and man... it's pretty disappointing. MUCH rougher than Bree, LL and Shire... you can tell it's years-old content. I immediately accumulated 4-5 Fellowship quests and was like "WTF was Turbine thinking?" and ported back over to LL, ha.

Also, holy shit @ Lone Lands music. Dat soundtrack... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vn_L7oeatLw

The soundtrack prior to this point has all been awesome too, but sort-of "expected." Shire, Old Forest, they all hit their expected notes. But LL made me stop and pay attention. More than once. Really great.

Anyway, I intend on finishing up my 20s in LL, skipping ND entirely, and heading right over to Evendim. You veterans can tell me how awesome I have it, not having to go through the old, unpolished content. :p

GDJustin

Oh yeah, almost forgot. A couple more pics. Trestlebridge at dawn (I couldn't really compose this with the rising sun like I wanted) and Weathertop during a storm, just as lightning lit it up:

S4KZK.jpg

WKolT.jpg

GDJustin

Still playing, although not with the same degree of obsession I had been the last 2-3 weeks. Dinged 30, finished up almost all of Lone Lands, and almost finished with the Book 2 epic quest, as well.

My original intent was to bounce between Lone Lands and North Downs, but LL is one of the revamped zones... ND isn't. And for a new player like myself, it REALLY shows. ND's quests seem poorly designed, leading you into the same regions repeatedly. The zone's plot itself is not as interesting either. Topping it off, you get like 4 group quests dumped on you, right away. LL seemed much more polished and fun.

So I ended up giving up on ND. I still made it to 30 with just Lone Lands quests though, so I think I'll probably just head over to Evendim next, since it's all new now.

GDJustin

I forgot again - one more pic I wanted to share. Showing off LOTRO's unnaturally good water effect. This was on the very East end of Lone Lands, looking into the next zone over (Trollshaws?)

Cb3cT.jpg

Schrade

Here's some pics from one of the new 6 man instances called The Lost Temple in the Trollshaws. I resized them from 1920x1200 to 1280x800.

33xy3hz.jpg

k31xd2.jpg

2z7ebzm.jpg

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
i really like the new instances so far. turbine's trying to mix some things up with the encounters and I kinda like it, even though they can be silly sometimes. like the fight where you're actually fighting a cauldron and you have to keep running aruond slapping hobbits.

GDJustin

Pretty decent sale this week - a bunch of Skirmish stuff (and the Skirmishes themselves) are 20% off:

http://www.lotro.com/lotrostoresale/834-on-sale-in-the-lotro-store

Down from 395 to 316. Using the one-time-use 5% off coupon knocks the price down to 300 even. They've been cheaper in the past (247 is their floor), but this is pretty close.

I know a lot of LOTRO players, myself included, are only interested in using the LOTRO store to purchase actual content, not convenience things like stat boosts or potions. And this is the first time content has gone on sale since I started playing. So it's cool in my book.

I still might not buy the skirms. I have about 4800 points left, and I'm holding out for a steep quest pack sale to celebrate the 4-year anniversary. With any luck my points will be enough to nab all of them.

There are also a series of one-day-only Spring Specials going on, starting tomorrow:

http://www.lotro.com/lotrostoresale/1122-lotro-store-spring-specials-week-one

Sounds like this will be a multi-week promotion. This first week's daily deals aren't interesting, besides Mines of Moria 30% off on Saturday. But a boxed copy can still probably be found for a little less, and would include a month of VIP, so eh.

Haeleos

If you onlyt get one, Thievery and Mischief is easily the best, imo. Ford of Bruinen is ok, too. The other ones all kind of have annoying/gimmicky mechanics associated with them.

I downloaded this right when the game became free to play but never ended up playing it. A couple of days ago my cousin convinced me to give it a try. The game definitely looks better than I was expecting. This is the first MMO I've ever played and I'm having a good time with it so far. I just reached level 10 and, since this is my first stab at an MMO, I decided to go with a straight forward Dwarf Champion.

I need some advice. Should I buy a 60 day card for $26 or just buy quest packs as I go. I'm liking the game quite a bit but I figure by the end of 60 days I will have probably moved onto something else.

Haeleos

Felix Lighter said:
I need some advice. Should I buy a 60 day card for $26 or just buy quest packs as I go. I'm liking the game quite a bit but I figure by the end of 60 days I will have probably moved onto something else.

Buy the 60 day card. Every 30 days comes with 500 turbine points, so you will be able to buy any quest pack for the area you are in at the end of that 60 days.

Haeleos said:
Buy the 60 day card. Every 30 days comes with 500 turbine points, so you will be able to buy any quest pack for the area you are in at the end of that 60 days.

Thanks, for the tip but I'm weak, so I just payed $30 for a 3 month subscription on the lotro store.

GDJustin

My advice would have been to just buy the content. It seems more expensive in the short term ($15 for two zones, or $15 for all-you-can-eat access to everything for 1.5 months?), but in the long term it's cheaper.

Think about it this way: At $10/month, you pay $120/year to subscribe. Then when you unsubscribe, you don't get any of the quest packs anymore. If you would have just spent that $120 on the quest packs, you'd then have access to them forever. I know you get a TP stipend and whatnot. But, I still prefer the pressure-free method of buying zones.

As for me... I finished up the final loose ends I had in Lone Lands, and decided to do 30 - 40 in Evendim, seeing as it was just revamped. I'm at 37 now, with much of Evendim seemingly still to go.

I have liked the zone a lot, so far. I still think I prefer Lone Lands slightly from a quest design, art design, and lore perspective, but Evendim is still very nice, and has a lot of variety. Hobbits, rangers, free men, etc. I think I only liked LL more because the Epic Quest wove through it as I was doing the rest of my questing.

Very strange decision on Turbine's part to rest the Epic Quest for several levels, only for players to travel to North Downs and complete Book 3 around a bunch of lvl 35-40 content that surrounds lvl 20-25 content.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
GDJustin said:
My advice would have been to just buy the content. It seems more expensive in the short term ($15 for two zones, or $15 for all-you-can-eat access to everything for 1.5 months?), but in the long term it's cheaper.

Think about it this way: At $10/month, you pay $120/year to subscribe. Then when you unsubscribe, you don't get any of the quest packs anymore. If you would have just spent that $120 on the quest packs, you'd then have access to them forever. I know you get a TP stipend and whatnot. But, I still prefer the pressure-free method of buying zones.

As for me... I finished up the final loose ends I had in Lone Lands, and decided to do 30 - 40 in Evendim, seeing as it was just revamped. I'm at 37 now, with much of Evendim seemingly still to go.

I have liked the zone a lot, so far. I still think I prefer Lone Lands slightly from a quest design, art design, and lore perspective, but Evendim is still very nice, and has a lot of variety. Hobbits, rangers, free men, etc. I think I only liked LL more because the Epic Quest wove through it as I was doing the rest of my questing.

Very strange decision on Turbine's part to rest the Epic Quest for several levels, only for players to travel to North Downs and complete Book 3 around a bunch of lvl 35-40 content that surrounds lvl 20-25 content.
Make sure you get the Blade that was Broken quest line from Aragorn in Rivendell if you're doing Evendim stuff.

GDJustin said:

I based my decision on the assumption that I'll likely have gotten my fill by the end of 3 months. I've been play quite a bit over the last week and I'm still having fun. My character just reached level 24 and I've been working my way through the quests in the Barrows.

My biggest issue with the game so far and, I guess MMOs in general, is that it is such a huge time sink, especially when it comes to crafting. You start playing and hours just disappear.

Haeleos

If you're a new player, I think it's worth it to get a 3 month subscription. With the amount of TP you get for subscribing for 3 months, you can buy any 2 of the quest packs by the end of the 3 months.

You are also removing the bag limit and the currency cap on the F2P account, among other things. Paying for a $30 subscription, you are getting almost $20 worth of points + removing a lot of the restrictions on your account.

GDJustin

Haeleos said:
If you're a new player, I think it's worth it to get a 3 month subscription. With the amount of TP you get for subscribing for 3 months, you can buy any 2 of the quest packs by the end of the 3 months.

You are also removing the bag limit and the currency cap on the F2P account, among other things. Paying for a $30 subscription, you are getting almost $20 worth of points + removing a lot of the restrictions on your account.

But those same restrictions are removed by buying a boxed MoM or subbing for just a single month. This is what I did.

Effect

I think I might download the client for this just to have it on my PC. I used to play and the last expansion I had was Siege of Mirkwood. My account is listed as Premium but I have no clue of what I'll be having access to.

Haeleos

GDJustin said:
But those same restrictions are removed by buying a boxed MoM or subbing for just a single month. This is what I did.

I think boxed copies of MoM are getting pretty hard to come by at this point, and the single month sub wouldn't leave you with enough to get any of the quest packs. That's why I'm saying for a new player, you might as well just sub for 3 months and grab the quest packs for the areas you are in afterwards. Especially if you're only playing one character since you could potentially play through zones in their entirety during the subscription, so you might not even want to buy the quest pack for that zone afterwards.

Haeleos

Effect said:
I think I might download the client for this just to have it on my PC. I used to play and the last expansion I had was Siege of Mirkwood. My account is listed as Premium but I have no clue of what I'll be having access to.

You'll have access to all of the Mines of Moria and Siege of Mirkwood content, but not the original zones that are part of Shadows of Angmar, outside of Bree, Lonelands and the other starting areas, which are free to everyone. http://www.lotro.com/betasignup/vipchart.html

DiscoJer

GDJustin said:

Bear in mind, Evendim didn't even exist when the game launched.

So you generally went from the Lonelands to North Downs (the east part of which is for low-mid 30s, especially the corners)

GDJustin

Just a brief update -

My one month of MoM-powered VIP actually just expired, yesterday. It snuck up on me. I had all my quests and access to everything, came back later that night, and all the quests were locked back up again, ha.

I spent $40 on 5000 points, so I could easily just buy Evendim and Trollshaws / Misty Mountains to take me from 37 up to 50 and thus into MoM. But the issue that I want to own all the zones, and I don't have enough points to do that, unless I'm patient and buy QPs only when they go on sale.

I did the math, and I'm about 1400 points shy.

I'll probably wait until Thursday when the week 3 spring sales are revealed. If none of the 40-50 zones go on sale I'll buy one full price. Then I should have enough content to get me all the way to 65, b/c I have MoM from the box, and just bought Mirkwood when it was 30% off.

The few days off will do me some good. I've been playing LOTRO... intensely (to put it a nice way) for like six weeks now. If I really get the itch to play, I'll roll through some Shire deeds or something.

DiscoJer said:
Bear in mind, Evendim didn't even exist when the game launched.

So you generally went from the Lonelands to North Downs (the east part of which is for low-mid 30s, especially the corners)

This is a good point. Still doesn't explain the level gap between books 2 and 3 from Volume 1, though. It's weird - they're totally disconnected. The Breadcrumb for book 3 doesn't even start right where book 2 ends.

GDJustin

GDJustin said:
I'll probably wait until Thursday when the week 3 spring sales are revealed. If none of the 40-50 zones go on sale I'll buy one full price. Then I should have enough content to get me all the way to 65, b/c I have MoM from the box, and just bought Mirkwood when it was 30% off.

Glad I waited. A pretty big Quest Pack sale was just announced, beginning tomorrow:

The Path of the Fellowship
http://www.lotro.com/pathofthefellowship

Trollshaws, Eregion, Moria, and Lothlorien are 35% off, or 40% off if you buy all four. I asked but haven't yet got an answer about what happens if you already own one of the four. Probably stuck with the 35% discount, which is still very decent.

The regular price of the four QPs is 3,480 TP. 40% off is 2088. The individual 35% discounts:

Trollshaws: 595 --> 387 (cheapest ever)
Eregion: 695 --> 452 (cheapest ever)
Moria: 1495 --> 972 (cheapest ever*)
Lothlorien: 695 --> 452 (cheapest ever)

As you can see, this is the biggest discount all four of these QPs have received, since F2P launched. Some other QPs have received huge discounts in the past, but never these. The one semi-exception is Moria. It's the cheapest it has been on the Turbine store, but boxed copies (with all the other expansion content) are still floating around for less.

Edit: Two other promotions going on at the moment, although I don't find them to be very compelling:

Spring Wardrobe sale - 20% off shared Wardrobe slots and various cosmetics
http://www.lotro.com/lotrostorespringspecialsweekthree/834-on-sale-in-the-lotro-store

Spring sales week 3 - Vitality Tomes, Goats, Deed Accelerators, etc.
http://www.lotro.com/lotrostorespringspecialsweekthree/1139-lotro-store-spring-specials-week-three

GDJustin

The 4th (and final?) week of daily spring sales have been announced. They're probably the best yet, for players that skip the fluff like cosmetics, deed/XP boosts, etc:

http://www.lotro.com/lotrostoresale/1148-lotro-store-spring-specials-week-four

- Forochel is 30% off (417 TP) Friday.
- Enedwaith is 30% off (487 TP) Sunday.
- Character slots are 50% off (298 TP) next Wednesday.

Vault space is also on sale, but it doesn't look like the TP-exclusive vault upgrades are included? The sale page is unclear.

Although I won't be in Forochel at all, and won't be in Enedwaith for some time, I still plan on picking up both zones. They both bring me a little bit closer to owning all of the core LOTRO content, spending just my initial chunk of TP I bought when the last TP sale took place. I'll then have access to the whole game, with five character slots, without paying anything month to month.

bengraven

Kind of miss this game. I'm considering redownloading, but I just don't know if it's worth jumping into if I'm not going to maintain interest.

GDJustin

bengraven said:
Kind of miss this game. I'm considering redownloading, but I just don't know if it's worth jumping into if I'm not going to maintain interest.

Well, it's free, so I mean...? Just let your modem chew on it overnight. Then it's there.

nexen said:
Is the level cap still 65? I'm not jumping back in until it is raised.

Still 65. Level cap is increasing this fall with the Isengard expansion.

Top Bottom