• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Nintendo DS: Still a Piece of Shit

RevenantKioku said:
Drinky, you used to be funny. All of you guys. You all used to be entertaining. But it isn't anymore. It used to be a witty comeback, a snap in the face of some fan-boy idiotic moment. And it was really a bit of a wake-up call when the arguing had gone too far. But where is that now? This isn't the same, this is just exactly what you guys were fighting against.

Finally, somebody articulates what I've been trying to say. With that, I finally have to get to bed. Hopefully the mods and admins will have calmed this down by morning.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Socreges said:
Hmmm what if the GAF administration was behind everything and plotted this tragedy in order to legitimate more authoritarian rule and irrational punishment??

Something to think about.
In order to make martyrs out of the likes of me? Must send shivers right up and down your spine ;)

Acosta

You keep taking this too seriuosly.

Drinky it's very far of a zealot that will ban you for saying something positive of DS.

Last thing I have to say here: there is no war, and no one is going to be banned for saying he likes Nintendogs for example. Keep your usual posting, respect other views and avoid offensive words. I´m sure that is all you need to keep posting (forgive me for trying to act as a moderator, that I´m not and don´t pretend it).

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
Gaijin To Ronin said:
You keep taking this too seriuosly.

Drinky it's very far of a zealot that will ban you for saying something positive of DS.

Last thing I have to say here: there is no war, and no one is going to be banned for saying he likes Nintendogs for example. Keep your usual posting, respect other views and avoid offensive words. I´m sure that is all you need to keep posting (forgive me for trying to act as a moderator, that I´m not and don´t pretend it).
Someone's sarcasam detector is broken. :\

Belfast

Seriously, I'm having a hard time finding people who are banned for simply praising the DS. The only ones getting banned are the ones taking the bait or showing their ass while doing it.

Sho Nuff

Banned
Think of it like this. Urkel duct tapes 20 pounds of raw meat to his body, then gives you a remote control that opens a cage containing five hungry grizzly bears, and winks at you. Of COURSE you're going to press the button.

Nintendo releases the DS against the PSP. OF COURSE you're going to mock it.

Boogie said:
And I think it was Churchill who said something along the lines of "Anybody who is not a liberal at 20 has no heart, and anyone who is not a conservative at 50 has no brain"

Except that's nearly the reverse today. As for the 'conservatives are mostly stupid' quote, that's true. Transcends time, really.

ge-man

Golden Darkness said:
Unforunately, paranoia seems to be the rule here now among Nintendo fans.

I think it's comments like this that is annoying Nintendo fans. All fanboy's are bad regardless of their preference. Nintendo fans aren't a different from MS or Sony fans, but the distinction is constantly made anyway like they are a cult or neocons. It doesn't bother me personally in the end, however. I usually avoid all bashfest threads and try to stick with decent discussions as best as I can.

I for one hope this war thing is not true.
GAF would be boring without Nintendo Fans who would the majority make fun of?
What would happen to the 20+ page threads?

You guys know you need Nintendo just as much as you need Sony
One cannot exist without the other

Even Drinky loves Nintendo, Drinky is just being coy about his feelings.
And that's okay...

Acosta

Someone's sarcasam detector is broken. :\

Someone need to pass here more time ;) Actually I don´t get very well what you are trying to tell me, but I take as it "I´m taking this too seriously and people are just joking". I don´t think so, I know what is to be a moderator, not here, and people take very seriuosly their "rights". If I´m wrong you are welcome to enlighten me, but would appreciate a little of more reasoning and not just a sentence.

And NBL2, taking things out of context doesn´t work for me, don´t know the circunstances, and even if I knowI´m not going to judge if mods are "fair" or not, who cares what I think about it?

I´m just saying this from my experience, I never had any problem with any mod. Show respect for other views and discuss in fair and not offensive terms, there is no secret about it.

so the other day i was trying out star fox assault. a fine bit of software it is, too bad it's wasted on furries. this.....boy of about 12 comes up next to me, foaming at the mouth "DEAR GOD, IT'S THE NEW STAR FOX.... OH MY GOD!! CAN YOU PLAY GOOD!?" i......hate it when people talk to me on the streets, specially ones who are smelly and crazed and are children.
and i thought to myself "this is a future nintendo street team executive in the making" i'm rambling but..... DS is pretty much useless. when i saw the PSP for the first time at my friends house it was like i was sipping the finest ambrosia. and that's my two screens (cents)
P.S: i say it is a good thing we're purging some these fools.

evil solrac v3.0 said:
so the other day i was trying out star fox assault. a fine bit of software it is, too bad it's wasted on furries. this.....boy of about 12 comes up next to me, foaming at the mouth "DEAR GOD, IT'S THE NEW STAR FOX.... OH MY GOD!! CAN YOU PLAY GOOD!?" i......hate it when people talk to me on the streets, specially ones who are smelly and crazed and are children.
and i thought to myself "this is a future nintendo street team executive in the making" i'm rambling but..... DS is pretty much useless.
That anecdote has no corrolation with the DS at all!

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
on the train from Carlisle to Whitehaven, some snotty nosed 15 year old Chav sitting over to the right of our seat was bragging to his mate, on and on about his DS and how he had one and loads of games for it, really rubbing it in like a douche.

My mother leans over to me and says "Did you pause that game i was playing?"
i say "sure, here..." and pass over the PSP.

Mr. Gobby DS owner looks over in blind panic at a 52 year old woman playing Lumines.

His DS cock went limp.

well, i guess you had to be there.

Smiles and Cries said:
I for one hope this war thing is not true.
GAF would be boring without Nintendo Fans who would the majority make fun of?
What would happen to the 20+ page threads?

You guys know you need Nintendo just as much as you need Sony
One cannot exist without the other

Even Drinky loves Nintendo, Drinky is just being coy about his feelings.
And that's okay...

Who knows?

Problem is, someone might be lying and we may never know it.

Monk

Banned
DCharlie said:
on the train from Carlisle to Whitehaven, some snotty nosed 15 year old Chav sitting over to the right of our seat was bragging to his mate, on and on about his DS and how he had one and loads of games for it, really rubbing it in like a douche.

My mother leans over to me and says "Did you pause that game i was playing?"
i say "sure, here..." and pass over the PSP.

Mr. Gobby DS owner looks over in blind panic at a 52 year old woman playing Lumines.

His DS cock went limp.

well, i guess you had to be there.

Meh I saw a 70 year old dude teaching a 16 year old girl how to play pokemon on his crappy old GB. I felt... inferior. I should have asked the guy for some tips.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
yeah, but the big difference is Pokemon is shit, but Lumines isn't.

actually, the point here is "70 year old dude... 16 year old girl..."

i'm sure he had pikagoo coming out of his Pokeyballs by the end of recess...

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
I'd like to take this moment to welcome our Drinky Crow overlord.

Drinky, does this mean I don't have to wash your car anymore?)

Uter

Smiles and Cries said:
Drinky Puppy Club is all about Love so we regret this event as much as anyone,

And his locking of Nintendogs threads had nothing to do with the founding of Drinky Puppy Club?!? Drinky Puppy Club is really about non-violent protesting against mindless aggression, isn't it. :D

etiolate

Banned
olimario said:
I haven't touched my DS since I got my PSP.
Ridge Racers >>>> Mario 64
Lumines >>>> Wario Ware Touched!

Nintendo can't even do handheld games right anymo'!

:lol Oli and Drinky on the same team.

Sho Nuff

Banned
Monk said:
Meh I saw a 70 year old dude teaching a 16 year old girl how to play pokemon on his crappy old GB. I felt... inferior. I should have asked the guy for some tips.

Okay, that's just creepy

Uter

Incognito said:
Except that's nearly the reverse today. As for the 'conservatives are mostly stupid' quote, that's true. Transcends time, really.

wow. I bet you go all the way to the Democratic Underground for brilliant insights like that, maybe even Bartcop. No...it's just too brilliant.

How do you do it???

Bebpo

Banned
chespace said:
I've got Electroplankton coming next week.

God I fucking hate the DS.

I would feel a little sympathy towards you, but then I realize you're not paying $50 a game to get ripped off by the DS ;)

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
If there's one thing I've learned as a teacher, it's that stupid people are rarely conservative... now, that doesn't mean that conservatives are necessarily intelligent -- it just means that when you meet a random stupid person in the street, they tend to fall on the opposite side of the political spectrum.

Or perhaps that's just because I live in California.

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
Drinky Crow said:
Man, you'd think with GAF down on Saturday, even the Nintendo DS might become appealing!

Nope, it STILL SUCKS.

BUY A PSP!

This troll brought to you by the GA Moderation Team.

:lol

7 pages?!! A few bannings and comedic entertainment - it never fails :lol

jordanDS.jpg

Stuart Smalley and Nintendo DS

Stuart welcomes guest Nintendo DS. Stuart tells NDS that he probably wakes up at night, saying to himself "I'm not good enough, the PSP is better than me, I'm not going to score any points with Sony fans. Drinky Crow hates me."

Stuart tells NDS to recite an affirmation: DS looks at self in mirror. Repeat after me. "Hello, Nintendo DS. I don't have to be a great MP3 player. I don't have to do the best graphics or have to have the mature games. Namco screwed me with Ridge Racer PSP. Drinky Crow really really hates me. I don't have a large sexy screen. All I have to do is be the best Nintendo DS I can be."

"I still have two nice screens, the lower one you can rub. I am fun to be with. Because I'm good enough, I'm smart enough and doggone it, girls like to touch me."

DCharlie said:

You take that back! Poop mouth!

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
DCharlie said:

Pokemon movies = shit
Pokemon anime = shit
Pokemon cards = shit
Pokemon stuffed animals = shit
Pokemon store = shit
Pocket Pikachu = shit
Most non-rpg pokemon games = shit
Pokemon Snap = not shit
Pokemon handheld RPGS = not shit
Everything else pokemon = shit.

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
Bebpo said:
I would feel a little sympathy towards you, but then I realize you're not paying $50 a game to get ripped off by the DS ;)

I'm basically paying 50 bucks per game. RIGHT NOVERY? ;)

But whatever, I'm all for fucked up non-games -- provided there are some un-fucked up real games in the system's library (of which there are NONE on DS).

Uter

JasoNsider said:
Well it's not really about moral guidance so much as it is about a push for consistency. Had a junior member started this thread, even with just intentions to get people all pissy, he would be banned on spot. Had somebody posted a thread about how shit PSP is, you would probably ban him on spot, no?

I love visiting this board, but I wouldn't mind knowing exactly what constitutes "stepping out of line", you know?

Indeed...

You should do like so many people are having to do in these dark days of oppression. Buy a copy of Nintendogs, name your puppy Drinky, and when you give it a bath and scrub it clean, pretend you are scrubbing away Drinky's perpetual unfunny.

Jonnyram

GaimeGuy said:
Pokemon movies = shit
Pokemon anime = shit
Pokemon cards = shit
Pokemon stuffed animals = shit
Pokemon store = shit
Pocket Pikachu = shit
Most non-rpg pokemon games = shit
Pokemon Snap = not shit
Pokemon handheld RPGS = not shit
Everything else pokemon = shit.
Someone forgot Pokemon Puzzle League

Bebpo

Banned
chespace said:
I'm basically paying 50 bucks per game. RIGHT NOVERY? ;)

Well in that case I salute you as I understand the pain the DS games bring.

But whatever, I'm all for fucked up non-games -- provided there are some un-fucked up real games in the system's library (of which there are NONE on DS).

I thought you were down with Kirby though? :(

Uter said:
And his locking of Nintendogs threads had nothing to do with the founding of Drinky Puppy Club?!? Drinky Puppy Club is really about non-violent protesting against mindless aggression, isn't it. :D

ghandi.jpg

Well... You can say that... :D

Top Bottom