• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Nintendo DS: Still a Piece of Shit

king zell

Folder said:
This thread is the most terrifying example of an online ego gone mad I think any of us are likely to see.
An admin starts a troll thread. People react to it. They get banned.
I think it's bullshit. But more importantly, I think it's sad.
Remember, you have to have something worthwhile that people want to get involved in to make being banned from it anything but a good thing. If GAF carries on like this, it will be worse than the very worst gaming forums out there.
Which would be a great shame.

I'm not going to post here again, at least for the entirety of April as I think the childish actions on show here are a disgrace. I might come back after that, might not.

Have a nice rain month!

Love Folder

:)

I can't agree more

really sad..

seanoff

why? This is a gaming age. The Pope is a religious figure head and well, only appeals to a certain demographic. Same with games. He was old and sick. Time to go and he went. I don't understand the catholic grief. Its not like a) he's going to hell b) they're not getting a replacement

are you completely stupid, or just never had anyone die u respected.

AGE is irrelevant, there is a sense of sadness and loss no matter what age. He is seen as the leader of the catholic churh, imagine if the US president died, the wailing and nashing of teeth would be huge. Well there are probably 4 times more catholics than residents of the US so there u go.

Shaheed79

dabbled in the jelly
JackFrost2012 said:
Agreed. :(

Thanks for doing your part to help get GAF back on track!

I didn't read this entire topic but is there a boycott for Nintendo fans? DC is harmless because he's over the top on purpose so I take no offense to it. Not anymore.

marsomega

Folder said:
This thread is the most terrifying example of an online ego gone mad I think any of us are likely to see.
Remember, you have to have something worthwhile that people want to get involved in to make being banned from it anything but a good thing. If GAF carries on like this, it will be worse than the very worst gaming forums out there.

I'm not going to post here again, at least for the entirety of April as I think the childish actions on show here are a disgrace. I might come back after that, might not.

Have a nice rain month!

Love Folder

Stay in touch.

Love Mars.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
Im glad nintendo fans are getting to feel the strong oak tinted whip of the ban stick in the aftermath of the hacking, if you guys had supported the hacker better is his/her nintendo loving activities none of this would have ever happened. I mean lets face it when you are a nintendo fan in australia you must be pretty lonely to begin with, to come on a forum and still find that no one agrees with you, no wonder he.....she went nuts.

Im no nintendo fan but its not much fun here without people who disagree with you so i hope the new Zelda and..erm well the new Zelda will bring a new wave of Nintendo fans with stronger wills, better arguments and most importantly, less hacking know-how

Chrono

Banned
seanoff said:
are you completely stupid, or just never had anyone die u respected.

AGE is irrelevant, there is a sense of sadness and loss no matter what age. He is seen as the leader of the catholic churh, imagine if the US president died, the wailing and nashing of teeth would be huge. Well there are probably 4 times more catholics than residents of the US so there u go.

And why should anybody care? if nobody here cares about the pope, but mourn a game designer’s death then so what.

Ranger X

Wow this page is alot more serious! Kudos to Folder.

Whatever we say, this whole thing is indeed getting childish and beyond what a "joke" is supposed to be. I hope this post is generating thoughts.
I'm having fun reading this thread but it's only the shallow part of the question. The important part for me is that this mess can spread and destruct more of what GAF is instead of improving it.
I would follow a drastic moderation move on GAF where ALL extreme behaviors are reprimended and regardless of the "clan" of the poster.
Hate generates hate and i'm pretty sure that with threads like this one we motivate Nintendo fanboys to be even more loud, arrogant and [insert you fav qualificative here].
What's more, it's not the stupid fanboys that will go away from here but the nice posters who thinks this whole thing is stupid and immature. I wish good posters stays on the forum and don't quit like Folder seems to be doing. It's fun to exchange thoughts not only with retards sometimes. It's fun having fun but sometimes we all have to think about stuff a little more deeper and see if there isn't anything wrong.

Drensch

14785nl.jpg

seanoff

And why should anybody care? if nobody here cares about the pope, but mourn a game designer’s death then so what

That wasn't the point whether u mourn him or not, Od saying he couldn't understand the grief was silly. I don't much care for people in the World Trade Centre, never knew a soul in there, i can however understand why their families and the greater USA was upset. Death causes sadness (usually) no matter what the age.

On this topic, i looked at it just after drinky put it up, laughed, said to a guy at work, this will be huge and went away. those that bit, ??????. it wasn't subtle, don't bite. tHe mods are pissed off that a known nin fan rampaged thru the board, they're human so understandable if not totally noble to extract some revenge. There a plenty of nintendo fans here that post away happily, some of the sillier ones could probably do with a wake up call.

Chrono

Banned
Ghost said:
Im glad nintendo fans are getting to feel the strong oak tinted whip of the ban stick in the aftermath of the hacking, if you guys had supported the hacker better is his/her nintendo loving activities none of this would have ever happened. I mean lets face it when you are a nintendo fan in australia you must be pretty lonely to begin with, to come on a forum and still find that no one agrees with you, no wonder he.....she went nuts.

Im no nintendo fan but its not much fun here without people who disagree with you so i hope the new Zelda and..erm well the new Zelda will bring a new wave of Nintendo fans with stronger wills, better arguments and most importantly, less hacking know-how

This whole thing has nothing to do with Nintendo fans. 90% of the people weeping and crying for 'death to Nintendo fans' or other childish stuff were already spending most of their times on their PCs bashing a videogame company and pumping their imaginary l33t points. Some are xbots and can't handle anybody liking anything else (and made it clear several times) and others claim to not have a favorite console as if that's a requirement to hate a console/fans/whatever.

Look into any 'zomg nintendo fans are retards' claim in most threads and they’re barely based on anything and are just excuses for those posters to go on their rants and pat each other on the back for another fight against the big evil corporation that’s burying innovation. Jesus Belfast said himself several times he’s irritated by Nintendo because they don’t follow the industry like all other companies do. That’s one MOD who hates Nintendo because they make games like donkey konga instead of halo (keep in mind that unless yamauchi hired a yakuza to track Belfast he doesn’t have to buy Mario party or animal crossing).

And who are ‘Nintendo fans’ anyway? I only got back into gaming a few years ago (thanks to an N64 + Mario + Zelda ) and haven’t even played many (or any) games but I think I’m one, but I don’t have a DS (only will buy one when advance wars is out, don’t even care about castlevania) and never touched pokeman, animal crossing, donkey konga/music stuff, whatever. Hell, I STILL have Mario sunshine in my backlog and only played for 10 minutes – didn’t like it and stopped. I’ll get back to it someday. But because I identify myself as a Nintendo fan (because I like their GAMES), according to this forum I can’t play any non-nintendo games, love everything Nintendo puts out, oh and will blindly follow them and bash all creations non-nintendo because I’m a brainwashed psycho. That sounds like any other fanboy, but don’t forget only NINTENDO fanboys exist. Xbots trying invoking racism in every ‘EAST VS WEST’ thread are not because this is not opa-ages after all (well that’s changing now though – it’s a PRI0VATE forum :lol).

This entire thread is pathetic not because of the troll drinky crow started, but the hypocrisy everybody is showing. Reading jackfrosts’ post is fun but when he keeps repeating the same shit over and over I can’t help but feel he’s not joking. The only good thing about this post is how it reveals the true nature of gaf and more and more (from not just this thread) it’s really just a fancier and cleaner front for another OA and its’ disappointing seeing this displayed by people you’d expect to be the last ones here to be mirror images of OA.

Chrono said:
Reading jackfrosts’ post is fun but when he keeps repeating the same shit over and over I can’t help but feel he’s not joking.

If you felt like I was joking, then it wouldn't be a very good joke, now, would it? :p

Dilbert

Chrono said:
The only good thing about this post is how it reveals the true nature of gaf and more and more (from not just this thread) it’s really just a fancier and cleaner front for another OA and its’ disappointing seeing this displayed by people you’d expect to be the last ones here to be mirror images of OA.
This place is FAR from OA. If you really think that Drinky starting some shit after a rabid Nintendo fan BROUGHT DOWN THE FORUM, you're crazy. Let's run down the checklist, shall we?

Blatant racism? Nope.
Insulting people's sexual orientation? Nope.
Non-stop streams of invective aimed at other posters? Nope.
Doing all kinds of classy shit like starting a thread about prank calling someone whose daughter just died? Fuck no. (Yes, those assholes actually disrespected Phoenix.)

Chrono

Banned
-jinx- said:
a rabid Nintendo fan BROUGHT DOWN THE FORUM, you're crazy.

It's a RABID FANBOY with a grudge and that's it.

-jinx- said:
Blatant racism? Nope.

Not blatant, but you're kidding yourself if you're saying racism isn't tolerated here. Sure, if a junior member calls blacks #$#@!! then everybody becomes a saint and band together and ban him. Following the banning you get a page or two of self-congratulating. But many, MANY posters say a lot of racist remarks that only get banned for a day or two. The thing is, jinx, is that gaf would not be the gaf you know without those posters.
Insulting people's sexual orientation? Nope.

What's your definition of insult? Saying homosexuality is a sin could be one, but its' also just one asshole expressing his religious believes. I'm not saying ban those people, no way, I'm not a mod nor do I care (and they get owned anyway) but honestly the only difference is that in OA it's direct (calling people f)*&*) and THAT'S IT. I doubt a gay man really considers a homophobe more friendly if he tells him he's going to burn in hell with a smile on his face instead of calling him a f(#@%.
Non-stop streams of invective aimed at other posters? Nope.

non-stop? yeah, I give you that. But again, it's just on the surface. If you read the forum enough you know there's an obvious brand of poster who constantly troll and spew hate. They say the same things at OA except it's flashier and that's it - the heart is the same.

Doing all kinds of classy shit like starting a thread about prank calling someone whose daughter just died? Fuck no. (Yes, those assholes actually disrespected Phoenix.)

HOLY SHIT that's sick. I just found out about it now while reading your posts. I really, really hope phoenix does something about this. Wouldn't that be considered harassment - can he sue?

Sho Nuff

Banned
Shut your cake-holes, drama queens! This ain't a democracy!

Mimimimimi, whine whine whine! Hey, I have a better idea, how about you get a pair! And I'm not referring to screens, either!

Socreges

Banned
Chrono said:
What's your definition of insult? Saying homosexuality is a sin could be one, but its' also just one asshole expressing his religious believes. I'm not saying ban those people, no way, I'm not a mod nor do I care (and they get owned anyway) but honestly the only difference is that in OA it's direct (calling people f)*&*) and THAT'S IT. I doubt a gay man really considers a homophobe more friendly if he tells him he's going to burn in hell with a smile on his face instead of calling him a f(#@%.
....this is bullshit. GAF is extremely 'tolerant' of homosexuals. It tends to be only particular threads where there are anti-gay sentiments, and they're both relevant and in relatively civil manner.

Overall, Chrono, you seemed to deliberately miss the overall point of -jinx-'s post, hoping to paint GAF as somehow similar to OA.

Odnetnin

Banned
for what its worth, this thread comes close in parts to OA. Phrases like mongoloids, (some gay remark, a bit of religious schtick), a bundle of ego... only thing missing is a misspleling brazillion.

even on our wortst day thog, GAF dstill be taht oa. Good luck Gurbdog @ poa cause I can't read that form without wanting to bloiw my brains out.

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
I think Drinky adds a certain something, he reminds me that there are perhaps more important things in life than games and that it's healthy not to take it too seriously. I wish there were mods trolling Sony and Microsoft as well...would really stir things up. :D

I found it harsh to ban a whole continent though...if that's what really happened. :|
But as long as people are banned for a good enough reason, it's cool. It's probably for their own good anyway, since they get more time to spend on real life. :p

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
I had no idea when I went to sleep last night that I would wake up to a 9 page thread of folks who still don't get the point about the mods here... I don't know maybe it's because I spent years on usenet with Doug r.g.v.sega forever! While I don't always agree with his thoughts on certain titles... I always get what he's doing in this anti-nintendo threads.

Yeah yeah the mods aren't fair, etc., etc.... so what? That's nothing new and it doesn't change that GAF is still one of the best sources for VG news and opinions on the web bar none.

Folder said:

Have a nice rain month!

Love Folder

Well at least one good thing came out of this thread.

GIR

Banned
Ghost said:
yep, cause thats the MOST important thing in the world when it comes to video gaming.

Odnetnin

Banned
Kiriku said:
I think Drinky adds a certain something, he reminds me that there are perhaps more important things in life than games and that it's healthy not to take it too seriously.

I think there's a lot of inherent comedy in people getting so much out of nothing. Much ado? :lol

I think Drinky is good however... in small doses.

novery

chespace said:
I'm basically paying 50 bucks per game. RIGHT NOVERY? ;)

But whatever, I'm all for fucked up non-games -- provided there are some un-fucked up real games in the system's library (of which there are NONE on DS).

I would just like to point out that Mr. Chespace has asked me to send him not one, but two DS games next week. Watch it man, you could get banned for that kinda stuff 'round here.

i'm not.

His blatent Xenophobic, trolling is pathetic.

Had one of the people he'd banned started this thread fair enough ban them, but due to him being an admin he believes he has the right to do so?

How does that work?

Its like saying..... Hey that kid killed all his class mates, lets lock up all children so they don't do it again.

Its prejudice, and even insulting someones character, faith, background on the internet leaves you open to trouble, as much as it would anywhere else. Just doing it on here people have evidence of your hatred to others.

just because one person had a grudge you cannot hit everyone with the same yard stick.
The people you are hitting provide the biggest threads on this forum, and are prob your biggest crowd.

explodet

In the Gaming-Age forums, they came first for the Nintendo fans and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Nintendo fan.
Then they came for the Microsoft fans and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Microsoft fan.
Then they came for the PC gamers and I didn't speak up because I own a Mac.
Then they came for the Sony fans and I didn't speak up because I don't have a PS2 or a PSP.
Then they came for me—and by that time no one was left to speak up.

-- a history of the GAF Off-Topic Forum Takeover

Drinky Crow said:
This thread is about discussing WHY the Nintendo DS is such an underpowered 1997-era piece of crap, not my new Almost Zero Fanboy Tolerance ban policy, nor to remark on hypocrisy.

What about the GBA which is a 1990 under powered bag of crap?
but still outsells everything?
Or the PSP which is a 1999 underpowered bag of crap

Belfast

ThongyDonk said:
What about the GBA which is a 1990 under powered bag of crap?
but still outsells everything?
Or the PSP which is a 1999 underpowered bag of crap

STOP. TAKING. THIS. SO. SERIOUSLY.

no i aint actually

i just don't believe in whats happening here.

why can't someone say something back?

Democracy says i can, i and you live in a democratic society and are governed by it ay ALL TIMES, even here.
Human rights says i have a right to express an opinion without fear of prejudice as do the guys who where banned.

Do The Mario

Unconfirmed Member
ThongyDonk said:
no i aint actually

i just don't believe in whats happening here.

why can't someone say something back?

Democracy says i can, i and you live in a democratic society and are governed by it ay ALL TIMES, even here.
Human rights says i have a right to express an opinion without fear of prejudice as do the guys who where banned.

Meh Tell that to a member of the Communist party in the 60’s.

Top Bottom