• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official "The Snitch (@insider_wtf)" Leaker Thread

feynoob

Gold Member
Penis 2023 is coming out for all platforms?
No, it won't sadly.
It has censorship and it's only exclusive to a certain platform.
Please not another acquisition.
French Yes GIF by Groundhog Day

This makes me wonder if Sony is going to start snapping up the japanese ones with market caps 4-8 billion. Square-Enix, Kadokowa, Capcom, Bandai-Namco, ect. Wonder what triggered it? Xbox for shooters, and WRPGs, Playstation for shit like Elden Ring and Resident Evil.

Last edited:

Kilau

If its possible, buying SE is a no-brainer. Market cap of only $5.5 billion, a treasure trove of IP, active on mobile, and operator of one of the biggest and most profitable MMORPG's ever. Its pretty much a perfect fit for Sony's ambitions.
So I'll never get Forspoken on Xbox? WTF man.

baphomet

This makes me wonder if Sony is going to start snapping up the japanese ones with market caps 4-8 billion. Square-Enix, Kadokowa, Capcom, Bandai-Namco, ect. Wonder what triggered it? Xbox for shooters, and WRPGs, Playstation for shit like Elden Ring and Resident Evil.

Oh, it's won't just be Playstation. Expect all major publishers to be purchased before the end of the generation. Google, Amazon, Tencent, etc. They'll be going EA, Take 2, CDPR, and everything else. Precedent has been set that anyone is able to purchase a publishers no matter how large.

Rac3r

This makes me wonder if Sony is going to start snapping up the japanese ones with market caps 4-8 billion. Square-Enix, Kadokowa, Capcom, Bandai-Namco, ect. Wonder what triggered it?

More likely they keep heavily investing in those companies to protect their interests. Sony straight up buying multiple Japanese publishers would be problematic to Nintendo (who they already don't have a great relationship with) and would definitely raise antitrust concerns (in Japan at least).

Top Bottom