• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official UFC 75: CHAMPION V. CHAMPION Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big-E

Stoney Mason said:
I thought it was 1-1 myself and bisping is winning this round to me....We'll see.

Hamill got weaker as the match went on...

Ya I have this 2-1 Bisping but you can make a case for 3-0 Hamill.

I really think Hamill won that fight, maybe the judges saw something I didn't.
Or maybe they just wanted to send the fans home happy.

Big-E

I think the only questionable decision here is the second round. You can make the case for either of them winning it because not much happened. In the last 2 rounds Bisping was the more busy fighter.

EDIT: Are me and Stoney Mason the only ones who were not surprised by this?

It was not even in question, Bisping did not wing a round at all.
The only thing that I can kind of think is that they gave Bisping "escape" points for those take downs where Matt let him up.

dem

rounds 2 and 3 could have went either way..
if hamill had DONE something with the takedowns he would have ended up with a win.
If the takedowns were SLAMS he would have won..

I'd like to tell ESPN "fuck you very much" for the spoiler of the main event. Dont go to ESPNs homepage if you want the watch the next fight with a sense of suspense!!

Big-E said:
I think the only questionable decision here is the second round. You can make the case for either of them winning it because not much happened. In the last 2 rounds Bisping was the more busy fighter.

I won't pretend to be some UFC expert but to me Bisping was just the busier fighter. Hamill kicked his ass in the first round but didn't do anything the next two. (Not that bisping did a whole lot either but he did more to me.)

All Hamill had to do was take him down and keep him there after the first and I thought he would have won it easily.

dem said:
if hamill had DONE something with the takedowns he would have ended up with a win.

Bullshit, Matt even had what like three take take downs in the third, Bisping had nothing.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Big-E said:

EDIT: Are me and Stoney Mason the only ones who were not surprised by this?

Bisping got some hits that did absolutely nothing to Matt. He was still coming at him. Octagon aggression doesn't exist anymore?

Big-E

dem said:

Exactly. Hamill's takedowns led to absolutely nothing.

GCQuinton

Shawnwhann said:
I'd like to tell ESPN "fuck you very much" for the spoiler of the main event. Dont go to ESPNs homepage if you want the watch the next fight with a sense of suspense!!

I haven't so much as gone to ESPNEWS for a good part of the day because of that.

Ripclawe

Banned
dem said:

I think that was the key, he put him down and did nothing. The 3rd round he sorta just stood around.

dem

neither bisping or hamill look like 205lb fighters to me.

you put them next to rampage and they look like boys

Big-E

I don't know who I want to win. I kind of like Hendo more than Rampage but I would like to see Rampage hold the title for more than one fight to show that he is the real deal.

Slo

Big-E said:
Exactly. Hamill's takedowns led to absolutely nothing.

You could say that Bisping's punches led to absolutely nothing. Most were blocked, and those that weren't, were thrown as Mike backpedaled and ran away. Matt was the aggressor. He stalked Mike like the Terminator, got take downs at will, and did more damage to Bisping on his feet. Completely one sided fight, IMO.

I am not too pissed about Bisping winning, if Dana decides to put a real contender in his face Bisping will get mauled. Hamill is a nice feel good story, but he isn't ever going to be a champion because he doesnt have enough tools.

Big-E

Slo said:
You could say that Bisping's punches led to absolutely nothing. Most were blocked, and those that weren't, were thrown as Mike backpedaled and ran away. Matt was the aggressor. He stalked Mike like the Terminator, got take downs at will, and did more damage to Bisping on his feet. Completely one sided fight, IMO.

Like I said earlier you can make the case for a lot of outcomes in that fight. I felt that Bisping was the winner.

Slo

Shawnwhann said:
I am not too pissed about Bisping winning, if Dana decides to put a real contender in his face Bisping will get mauled. Hamill is a nice feel good story, but he isn't ever going to be a champion because he doesnt have enough tools.

Yeah, neither guy seemed like they'd stand up to a real 205'er.

Like I said earlier you can make the case for a lot of outcomes in that fight. I felt that Bisping was the winner.

There can be no other opinion, there is only mine!

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Bisping wasn't the usually face pounding, ninja kick the damn rabbit fighter he was. Hell, Matt even flying kneed him. :D

MaX_PL

Banned
okay the fact that hamils takedowns means nothing, yes. the fact that bisping didnt do shit and hamil punched, punched, and punched does mean something.

complete BS and bisping is a joke. i would not have accepted that win, would have walked over and raised hamils arms.

MaX_PL

Banned
Big-E said:

please explain why you feel bisping was the winner?

dem

i dont think the london crowd really knows whats going on..
they barely made a noise when hendo was going for that kimura

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom